02-09-2013   #1 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default Neverwinter

Beta sign ups are happening, and they're having CBT weekends right now. Release date is supposed to be early 2013.

F2P MMOARPG based on D&D. I thought introducing an action element to something like D&D would be really stupid, but seems like they did it well. A lot of information about the game is still kept under sheets, but from what's been released so far, it seems really polished surprisingly, especially for a F2P. Saw a lot of thoughtful features, and the content so far seems true enough to a D&D base. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-10-2013   #2 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Known of it for awhile but been too lazy to look at it more. Been planning on getting my 4E group to get into it assuming I can make my old GWF Dwarf Fighter so it can live up to the legend it created with his Knee Breakers.

02-10-2013   #3 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

If the race selection is expansive enough, I'll rush to try this game.

--Frenchbread is

05-01-2013   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Open beta now.

Right, so the D&D lore is there, but the gameplay is only faintly D&D 4.0. If you expect close D&D gameplay, you'll be disappointed, but otherwise, it's at the very least decent. A huge amount of polish in the game, really surprising. I was cautious coming into something from PWE, but 15 levels in and smooth sailing so far.

I suppose the only downfall I can find is that the combat may become shallow.

05-01-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

The queue is ridiculous. What is this sht, 1998 North Korea?

Having a queue in this day and age is inexcusable.

05-01-2013   #6 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

NO, WILFRED, NO.

also, I had no queue at around 4pm ish

05-01-2013   #7 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

well..league of legends all over again? hopefully the ques die down after i finish my finals heuheueuehue. So what server are you guys on?

05-01-2013   #8 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

On Dragon. The maint today supposedly reduced lag and queue times.

05-01-2013   #9 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

I am on that first one, whatever it's called :c

05-01-2013   #10 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Combat does drop off. 3 skills just isn't enough.

At least it's pretty. And seems to be really well coded...

Inventory space is a ***** though. I mean, you COULD play through the game with your shitty 16 slot bank and 2 inv bags...but you could also not shower. Buying inv bags currently cost about 500K AD, or $10 in the cash shop, or you can try the guild bank...which is 150 AD. God damn.

05-02-2013   #11 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

I play on medium setting, it looks really shatty. The background and everything else are pretty though. My character looks like it's from a Japanese pron with all the pixels.

05-02-2013   #12 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Combat does drop off. 3 skills just isn't enough.

At least it's pretty. And seems to be really well coded...

Inventory space is a ***** though. I mean, you COULD play through the game with your shitty 16 slot bank and 2 inv bags...but you could also not shower. Buying inv bags currently cost about 500K AD, or $10 in the cash shop, or you can try the guild bank...which is 150 AD. God damn.
oh lawd. P2WE.

lol@Kuda.

05-02-2013   #13 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Well, you get 12 more inv slots at level 30. Makes it more bearable. You still eventually will want at least one additional 24 slot bag though, for sure.

The engine is alright. Ok on the optimization, and has funtastic physics, including cloth! It's technically average, but they use lighting and the likes very, very well. Combined with good art and area design, the environments are really nice.

05-04-2013   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
zOMG!Lost SagaLa TaleDynasty Warriors Online
Awards Facebook Fan

XIIAlexIIX is on a distinguished road
IGN: ThatLazyDevil
Class: Roselle lt_blader
Level: 24
Guild: Looking for one

I'm liking the game so far. Playing on the Dragon server, but trying to avoid dungeons. Even though I have the graphics on very low I still lag bad when going with a party

05-05-2013   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

The combat is more shallow than Vindictus, I doubt this game will last that long. The Foundry is the only remarkable thing about this game and even that has a pretty strict lack of customization. You can't actually make your own dungeons in the Foundry, you can only pick from pre-sets and then add mobs/NPCs where you will.

05-05-2013   #16 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Meh, graphics are beautiful but the gameplay gets pretty boring with only the couple of skills. It's like they took LoL/Dota and tried to make it a MMORPG or something.

Don't think it's working out imo.