LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-11-2013   #61 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

basically doing the maps outside of questing feels its just for farming items and/or mastering a whole map for challenge dungeon..

I was able to recruit a lv 20 merc. Their first skill goes to lv2.. makes me a lil happy inside.. although im contemplating if i should go rod and make my main a cleric while my mercs do the damage.. I feel its easier to get rod recipes than any other weapon D:

Currently lv 18 rod is circulating.. while ive only seen lv 10 short bow or lv 10 wand.. no sword yet.. unless im wrong.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-11-2013   #62 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

lv 15 bonus box is fixed.. You get a exp 30% scroll for 3 days.. kinda perfect for the last 3 days of this cbt.

03-12-2013   #63 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Techer | Force | Bouncer | Fighter 75 lu_eir

My verdict: "Too Quest-Story Driven"

There is, effectively no way to grind levels unless you repeat regular maps 100 times. Story quests, on average, give about 60% EXP, while maps give about 1~2%.

Horrendously boring, horrendously OP enemies that force you to use only kite, poison, and kill-one-by-one tactics. There's no rush of awesomeness you can get from other games like Disgaea, where you can employ various tactics to win. In this game, its either one particular tactic, or bust.

Don't get me started on the stupid "protect the target" missions where the NPC dies in 2 turns.

03-12-2013   #64 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
[There is, effectively no way to grind levels unless you repeat regular maps 100 times.

There's no rush of awesomeness you can get from other games like Disgaea, where you can employ various tactics to win.
That is so ironic, it could turn people into iron, you should be careful with that.

03-12-2013   #65 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
lv 15 bonus box is fixed.. You get a exp 30% scroll for 3 days.. kinda perfect for the last 3 days of this cbt.
It was probably glitched during their attempts to fix it after I reported that you could open the lvl 30 box without meeting its requirement. Although I don't know if you can still do it. I don't really feel its worth my time playing though.

Last edited by Faith; 03-12-2013 at 03:01 PM.

03-12-2013   #66 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute

@RK - You grind the same map 100 times in Disgaea to reach lv9999, not level 17->18.

03-13-2013   #67 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

Quote:
My verdict: "Too Quest-Story Driven"

There is, effectively no way to grind levels unless you repeat regular maps 100 times. Story quests, on average, give about 60% EXP, while maps give about 1~2%.

Horrendously boring, horrendously OP enemies that force you to use only kite, poison, and kill-one-by-one tactics. There's no rush of awesomeness you can get from other games like Disgaea, where you can employ various tactics to win. In this game, its either one particular tactic, or bust.

Don't get me started on the stupid "protect the target" missions where the NPC dies in 2 turns.
This sums it up.

Those damn protect quests are just the worst. Thank goodness this is onlt the CBT. Hopefully it gets better.

03-13-2013   #68 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
This sums it up.

Those damn protect quests are just the worst. Thank goodness this is onlt the CBT. Hopefully it gets better.
It doesn't... its the same for every version. The JP version is going to enter redevelopment which should be around this week?

03-13-2013   #69 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
@RK - You grind the same map 100 times in Disgaea to reach lv9999, not level 17->18.
Disgaea series is like the embodiment of grinding, grind items, grind levels, grind stats. Difference is, Disgaea arguably requires more and the scale is much larger.

It's also a terrible choice to use to emphasize the "Strategy" in SRPGs.

03-13-2013   #70 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith
It doesn't... its the same for every version. The JP version is going to enter redevelopment which should be around this week?
It's not... Colbeagle already proudly announced "OUR VERSION IS WAY DIFFERENT FROM THE JAPANESE AND INDONESIAN VERSION".

Which I don't really see, but I'll give them the benifit of the doubt...for OBT.

03-13-2013   #71 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

My browser crashed as I was almost finishing a long quest. Kind of scared to play again in fear of it crashing again. ): This is why browser-based games just aren't for me.

04-01-2013   #72 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

'Ay people, anyone want early access?

1x available.

04-04-2013   #73 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

Well its launched now from what I'm hearing... I dunno if I'm gonna play it though. Got to the point where it was just ehh for me at the lv 20s in the cbt.

04-04-2013   #74 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

I am also on the "eh" side with this. Tactic games are fun when they're well-made, this one is just okay.

04-07-2013   #75 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Sooooo, one week into the game, and we have:

Item duplication exploit
Gacha coin farming
GMs "on break" during weekends

GJ