ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   RaiderZ - ARPG MMO by PWE (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/120507-raiderz-arpg-mmo-pwe.html)

Griever 01-23-2013 05:25 PM

RaiderZ - ARPG MMO by PWE

Can't believe this isn't up yet. RaiderZ is another Action MMO by Perfect World Entertainment. The combat system is somewhat similar to Vindictus/MH, but more fun IMO. Combat is totally seamless, there is no point-and-click. It's all real-time and you must dodge/block enemy attacks if you want to survive. Each enemy in the game has a unique combat style and almost every enemy in this game is aggressive. There are 5 classes in the game:
-Berserker (Classic Warrior-type. Has a huge greatsword/warhammer and has slow melee attacks, but has a self-speed buff.)
-Defender (Classic Tank, this class is for loners and people who prefer to solo)
http://images.mmosite.com/my/upload/...995423ff68.png
-Sorcerer (Black Mage)
-Cleric (White Mage, with some firepower capability. Has one main magic skill - Divine Punishment - which is a high burst-DPS skill. Can heal and buff party.)
http://images.mmosite.com/my/upload/...b52eb9c933.png

Game went official only about 2 months ago. I've been playing it almost daily since then and have reached the endgame. I haven't been this into an MMO in a while. The plus side of this game is that there's not a lot of grind. Leveling time remains pretty consistent from 1 - 35. The PVP in this game is pretty fun and PVP is REQUIRED for some quests. I like that you can duel anyone anywhere, which passes time if you're waiting to get a full party for instances and whatnot. I play on East Server - Diago.

http://mmoreporter.com/wp-content/up...rz_Action2.jpg
http://www.gamerzines.com/wp-content.../Character.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...4_23-36-31.jpg

Honestly, I don't think the photos and video do the game justice. Watching it on youtube looks boring to me and I actually play the game. I would recommend trying it out if you're into the Action MMO genre.

Metty 01-23-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griever (Post 1800281)
Can't believe this isn't up yet.

Because you didn't bother to use search.
/forum/other-mmo-gam...2-raiderz.html

Griever 01-23-2013 05:42 PM

Yes, I've seen that topic. But that topic is not in this board.

Care to try again?

Harlequin 01-24-2013 12:33 AM

Functionally both forums work for the same thing, so you really should've just posted in that topic. But that's beside the point. I played RaiderZ, and it's definitely a good game worth giving a shot. I don't have the time to dedicate to that right now, what with work and TERA going free to play (I've got founder's status so I'm gonna go back).

Absolutely recommend RaiderZ for anyone looking for a new game to try though.

Griever 04-12-2013 04:44 PM

RaiderZ has one of my favorite Dungeon/Raids that I've ever played in an MMO.
RaiderZ recently got its first expansion and level 40 cap now.

Quote:

The first expansion for RaiderZ, Broken Silence, is now available for players to tackle and conquer. The region of Cowen Marsh should be the first stop for players looking to see fresh sights in the world.

Senior Producer Mark Hill is jolly well thrilled as one might expect: "We are excited to bring our first RaiderZ expansion to our devoted players. We hope players will enjoy the new content and we are looking forward to adding even more in the future."

The expansion raises the level cap to 40, while adding new areas, bosses, and gear. Players will see an improved matchmaking system in Broken Silence, as well as a battle "Wave System" and a PvP arena.

RaiderZ launches Broken Silence expansion | Massively

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespo...0screen002.jpg

Combat system and enemy AI is complex enough so that you won't get bored. Definitely superior to Tera.

Nihil679 04-12-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griever (Post 1812590)
Combat system and enemy AI is complex enough so that you won't get bored. Definitely superior to Tera.

At least TERA doesn't try to lie to you and tell you there is creativity with your skill tree.

Griever 04-12-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihil679 (Post 1812593)
At least TERA doesn't try to lie to you and tell you there is creativity with your skill tree.

But Tera is still a horribly mediocre game and has a rather outdated combat system. :|

RaiderZ has extreme variety with skill trees, considering you can learn skills from any other skill tree

Shadow5YA 04-12-2013 07:26 PM

I'll stick with rusty hearts because I have old characters there and it's more anime

Nihil679 04-12-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griever (Post 1812600)
But Tera is still a horribly mediocre game and has a rather outdated combat system. :|

RaiderZ has extreme variety with skill trees, considering you can learn skills from any other skill tree

Yet you can't use those skills unless you are equipped with the class's weapon, which is extremely restricting. The skill progression is also awkward and varies greatly between being useful to level up and being pointless. Many of the early skills are also worthless and only good skills are way deep in the trees.
Hi, Berserkers are the worst class in the game because our only class pairing is with Clerics on an inferior weapon.

I don't know where you get off at saying a game is horribly mediocre. It's one thing to be saying it as an opinion, it's another to be trying to say it as a fact.

Griever 04-13-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihil679 (Post 1812603)
Yet you can't use those skills unless you are equipped with the class's weapon, which is extremely restricting. The skill progression is also awkward and varies greatly between being useful to level up and being pointless. Many of the early skills are also worthless and only good skills are way deep in the trees.
Hi, Berserkers are the worst class in the game because our only class pairing is with Clerics on an inferior weapon.

I don't know where you get off at saying a game is horribly mediocre. It's one thing to be saying it as an opinion, it's another to be trying to say it as a fact.

I've played enough video games in my life to determine whether a video game is worth investing some time in or if 100% of time spent playing that game is literally time-wasting. Tera falls into the latter category, it has one of the least immersive combat systems in the entirety of "action" MMOs. The combat system is extremely disengaging and it feels like you're hitting cardboard cutouts of enemies that occasionally attack back. The enemy AI is dumb, the controls are clunky, the combat system feels unrewarding and overly simplified. I know many people "enjoy" Tera, but it's a simpleton game.

i.e. Tetris is a good, fun, wholesome game, but ultimately playing something like Persona 4 will be a million times more rewarding than a few rounds of Tetris. I can see myself liking Tera if I was 14-16, but I hold the games I play to a higher standard now.

If you find Tera's combat system superior to RaiderZs, I dunno what to tell you except for the fact that you're incorrect. It's ok to like an inferior game, just saying. I don't really care what anyone does, but to genuinely believe that Tera is somehow superior to RaiderZ is being intellectually dishonest.

"Hi, Berserkers are the worst class in the game because our only class pairing is with Clerics on an inferior weapon."

Depends on if you're going for a PVP build or PVE.
You can quickly change weapons with Tab button, so I don't see how this is a problem. Also Berserker can heal itself without going into Cleric skill tree, sooooo.

"Many of the early skills are also worthless and only good skills are way deep in the trees."

Not really. I have a Cleric with about 7 points in beginner Defender skills for some added damage/Dodge frame.

Early Berserker skills:
Crush (knockdown)
Dodge Attack (dodge)
War Mastery (+10% physical attack)

Early Sorc skills:
Rapid Blasts (pushback + high damage)
Ice Arrow (slow down + auto-aim)
Ice Thorns (-30% speed + moderate damage)
Magic Mastery (+10% magic attack.)

Cleric:
Divine Punishment (flinch + one of the highest magic DPS skills in the game)
Revitalize (1 point wonder for PVP and PVE)

I would make the argument that some of the earlier skills are more useful than some of the later skills.

RoflKnife 04-13-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihil679 (Post 1812603)

If you can back up your assertions with reasoning, evidence, and facts, it might as well be fact. TECHNICALLY it is not, as someone can still think something that has really dumb design and etc. is still good, but come on. Let's use the wonderful WarZ game. It is shit. I'm sure everyone here has heard of it and why it's so widely regarded as shit. The reasons are all justified and reasonable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griever (Post 1812646)
I know many people "enjoy" Tera, but it's a simpleton game.

i.e. Tetris is a good, fun, wholesome game, but ultimately playing something like Persona 4 will be a million times more rewarding than a few rounds of Tetris.

I hope you are not equating complexity to quality of a game. And if you really want to compare the two games, both Tetris and P4 are well designed (Although I have gripes with P4 so I wouldn't completely call it 100% well designed, the good outweighs the bad) games.

Nihil679 04-13-2013 10:02 AM

Pretty much proved my point that hybrid skill tree is pretty much useless in RaiderZ.