ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   Recommend me some PSP games! (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/119640-recommend-me-some-psp-games.html)

Riolu 12-20-2012 07:49 AM

Recommend me some PSP games!

Just got my psp fixed and i'm looking for games to abuse it with.

I'm mostly into rpgs but puzzle games would be nice too.

Metty 12-20-2012 09:58 AM

PlayStation Portable - /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki

Control+F RPG

There ya go.

Blizt 12-20-2012 12:24 PM

If you ever become interested in side scrolling game, go play some Prinny.

You can "joyfully" abuse your PSP to the maximum extend XD

Riolu 12-20-2012 12:34 PM

I downloaded Prinny a week before i ordered my psp :]

Blizt 12-20-2012 12:51 PM

Get Prinny 2 too then XDD

Veloze 12-20-2012 04:23 PM

Crisis Core
Dissidia 012
Final Fantasy IV
Kingdom Hearts BBS
Trails in the Sky
Hexyz Force
Persona 3 Portable
Tactics Ogre
Ys Seven
Disgaea 2 DHD
ZHP
Star Ocean: SE

Good PSP RPGs off the top of my head.

mikecxz 12-20-2012 04:52 PM

i can give you some personal recommendations that i enjoyed. keep in mind that if i added in PS1 games this list would probably be quite a bit larger.

The Third Birthday is nice if you've played the past parasite eve games.

Class of Heroes is a dungeon crawler if you're into that kind of thing.

Blazblue is a pretty awesome fighter series that actually has a somewhat decent story (compared to most other fighters atleast)

Crisis Core....i didn't really enjoy it all that much but it is a prequel so if you liked FFVII you could probably atleast enjoy the story. once again a personal opinion, a lot of people seems to like the combat system for the game but i just couldn't get into it.

Disgaea, i would actually be surprised if you haven't heard about this series but anyways, they're pretty fun SRPGs albeit a bit grindy.

Corpse Party, less game more visual novel i suppose but i did enjoy it quite a bit. not a game for the squeamish as there are quite a few different ways you're going to die and some of the pictures are just flat out disturbing or disgusting.

Gods Eater Burst, decent story even if i takes quite a while for it to pick up and a monster hunter type of system where you kill things collect material from them and use said material to make new equipment.

Half Minute Hero, the story is pretty out there but it is enjoyable never the less. each game mode may be fairly short but every single one offers completely different game play from the others keeping you interested even when you beat one of the modes. the stories are all intertwined i suppose and do come together eventually.

ZHP Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman, this game is pretty fun. it's a rouge like and the story is out there but it's enjoyable.

buta 12-20-2012 04:54 PM

Half-minute Hero or 30-second hero, whatever the localized version is called. It's pretty fun and has old pixel graphics.

Also if you haven't played a SMT game, Persona 3 is pretty good. They also have Persona 2 ported and it's okay. If you don't like dating sims then iono about this.

Lumines is a must as a puzzle game. It's like tetris but not and it's pretty addicting.

JoyDivision 12-20-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1792487)
Crisis Core
Dissidia 012
Final Fantasy IV
Kingdom Hearts BBS
Trails in the Sky
Hexyz Force
Persona 3 Portable
Tactics Ogre
Ys Seven
Disgaea 2 DHD
ZHP
Star Ocean: SE