Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-07-2012   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice
Default Dark Souls II

Official Site

(video's constantly being removed so sorry if it's dead)

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

Last edited by Paul; 12-08-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-07-2012   #2 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

I didn't think the next souls game would get a sequel to the second. Nice!

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior

Last edited by Sanichi; 10-04-2014 at 10:18 AM.

12-08-2012   #3 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
DC Universe OnlineWorld of WarcraftVindictusElsword
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future
Guild: Smelly Bedlam

More importantly: PC version.

With any hope they'll outsource the porting.

12-08-2012   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Introducing Edge 249: Dark Souls II unveiled | Magazine, News | Edge Online

Quote:
Why shouldn’t FromSoftware and Namco Bandai open Souls up to a wider audience when it could otherwise be in danger of becoming stuck in a cult cul-de-sac?
Quote:
As we find out in issue 249, the answers to these questions are in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable. But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters. “I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle,” he tells us. “[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable.”
I would hope they would choose a middle ground where they only give basic instructions and leave the rest up to you, instead of spoonfeeding you everything. But I know better than that at this point. God damnit.

12-15-2012   #5 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

From Edge Magazine:

That necromorph-lookalike monster.

12-17-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

xxlgamer is on a distinguished road

I remember in dark souls there were certain items/spells *cough*TWoP*cough*WoG* that just were really annoying, and other issues. Any hopes that they make it more balanced, or do people feel this gave dark souls a unique flavor?

12-17-2012   #7 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlgamer
I remember in dark souls there were certain items/spells *cough*TWoP*cough*WoG* that just were really annoying, and other issues. Any hopes that they make it more balanced, or do people feel this gave dark souls a unique flavor?
It's called get better. If you were stupid enough to either let the guy cast TWoP in front of you or to walk into it it's your own fault. You could have waited for it to expire by getting out of there, thrown spells at him or shot arrows at him. WoG is fine, stop fatrolling.

12-25-2012   #8 (permalink)
joc
ggFTW Lurker

joc is on a distinguished road

What I would like to see in this game is a better more invested story worthy of the best RPG combat game ever, with more humans, and human themes and philosophy involved (compassion, honor, love, vengeance) and more story choices with multiple endings including the choice of a heroic not so sad ending as well as an evil ending and a love story, that could alone (w/o the excellent combat) motivate DS2 players to play through again to see the alternate endings based on these various choices. These endings should be based on complex choices and not at all like the awful cheesy endings in Fallout based on single actions in the game.

12-26-2012   #9 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joc
love story
gtfo pls .

12-26-2012   #10 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joc
What I would like to see in this game is a better more invested story worthy of the best RPG combat game ever, with more humans, and human themes and philosophy involved (compassion, honor, love, vengeance) and more story choices with multiple endings including the choice of a heroic not so sad ending as well as an evil ending and a love story, that could alone (w/o the excellent combat) motivate DS2 players to play through again to see the alternate endings based on these various choices. These endings should be based on complex choices and not at all like the awful cheesy endings in Fallout based on single actions in the game.
Souls games never needed multiple endings to give the game a reason to be replayed, nor does it need "complex choices". We have NG+7 for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
gtfo pls .
It's not often I agree with Kenzor, but pretty much this.

05-15-2013   #11 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Xbox 360 News: Namco talks Dark Souls 2 marketing: "we're treating this as a massive, massive triple-A title" - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

Quote:
"We're going to go guns-blazing with it, and hope to God that it works," he continued. "We're going after people who love and adore Dark Souls, while hopefully widening the net a little. I'm not saying that every Skyrim player's going to be jumping on Dark Souls, but it would be nice if some of them did. It's a different game, sure."
Oh, now I won't be surprised if it'll be shit. Thanks for the heads up Bamco!

05-29-2013   #12 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

Dark Souls II Could Have An American Eagle Shield Or A Bloody Handprint Shield | Siliconera

Quote:
Namco Bandai held a Dark Souls II art contest where six fan made shields will be added to the game. After sifting through the entries, these are the top 30 shields from each region. There are some awesome designs like the circle of gauntlets from Europe, the skull shield from Asia, and the hilarious American Eagle shield from North America. That saluting eagle is so out of place.

North America
Spoiler!

Europe
Spoiler!

Asia
Spoiler!

The top two shields in each region will be in Dark Souls II. You can vote for your favorites here.

06-10-2013   #13 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

New Dark Souls 2 E3 trailer!

06-13-2013   #14 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At E3 2013, Namco Bandai showed off the latest iteration of their highly anticipated Dark Souls II behind doors to select members of the press.

Before the presentation began, a rep reminded everyone that, despite what some still might believe (possibly due to this interview), the second Dark Souls is just as grueling and unforgiving as the first one. Just like theyíve done countless times over the past number of weeks and months.

Afterwards, I asked co-director Yui Tanimura if people still believe that Dark Souls II has been made easier, even after all the assurances to the contrary. As well as if it continues to be a challenge to assure those who have been upset by such assumptions that such concerns are simply unfounded:

ďComing from Japan, itís hard to fully comprehend why and how much the North American and European audience keeps thinking itís going to be easier. With that being said, if you take a look at the demo, and also played the demo, itís going to be pretty clear that the difficulty will be just as high as necessary as before.

We have been constantly repeating this, because we did start off with a misleading comment earlier on. But at the same time, Iím not too worried about expressing the difficulty of the game. Iím sure players will see the footage, see the b-roll, and start to understand that itís going to be just as challenging or even more so.Ē

This isnít the first time Tanimura has said to us that he has no intention of making Dark Souls II easier. He said the exact same thing when I asked him about the gameís level of challenge back in April.

Dark Souls II is slated for release in March 2014 for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. You can read our recent hands-on impressions of the game here.

06-25-2013   #15 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

Warrior:

Sorcerer:

Temple Knight:

Dual Swordsman:

06-25-2013   #16 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

I'm hoping they stray away from Demons Souls as much as they can, that game is terrible in comparison to Dark Souls. Though watching the video and looking at the souls gained from the enemies killed, I really hope it's not like Demons was and how terrible the soul gain was from enemies.

07-16-2014   #17 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

First DLC comes next week. (July 22nd) :3

07-16-2014   #18 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

I paid $50 for the game now they want more money?! ;_; Whoever came up with the current idea of DLC needs to be shot.

07-16-2014   #19 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

It was by popular demand....

Season pass $25.
Or three DLC each at $10.

10-01-2014   #20 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

So last part of the DLC came out....I'm am utterly confused by what the hell is killing me here. Is it just random damage or is it another invisible person you can't see...? I tried swinging my mace around right after I took damage and didn't hit anything.....x_x

Besides that, this has to be the most beautiful (graphics wise) part of the game

Spoiler!