ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   Smite (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/114981-smite.html)

RoflKnife 07-18-2012 12:40 AM

Smite

A 3rd person MOBA that actually brings new things to the table.

TL;DR
Snowballing effect is greatly reduced
All skills must be manually aimed
Traditional jungling concept is reworked to be more dynamic
6 passive items 4 active items slots
More action-y

I have one beta key left, which will generate 3 more beta keys for the person to use. If you'll be really interested, PM me.

RoflKnife 07-24-2012 03:56 AM

Double post for beta key update. It seems like it's possible to send an unlimited amount of invites now, PM me if you want one.

mikecxz 07-28-2012 03:24 PM

thanks for the key RoflKnife, got up to level 5 so far, and jeez are these gods expensive, you can't even afford one until you get to level 6 and thats only because they're generous enough to give you 1000 of the in game currency every time you level.

IGN is Sidtz by the way, and i still find snowballing to be there, and significantly, at the moment, specifically, a Wu Kong that gets going rips apart everyone :l. Well, its not that hard to shut them down early so it's not like it's a problem. Also found out how terrible i am at using ranged characters.

my only real complaint so far, is as i said, gods are super expensive, they need to either lower the cost of some of the new people friendly ones or make there prices like LoL, where the old/easy to use ones are lower/ed and the new ones are max price, increase how much you get at the end of the match from doing well, or lower the cost altogether.

Just my opinions though.

RoflKnife 07-28-2012 05:17 PM

Yeah, the normal exp you get/price of gods are absurd at the moment.

There's no way snowballing is significant. You have to screw up SO many times...with 400~ gold a god kill, you have to die to them SIX times for them to get ONE fully upgraded item. And even with a whole item advantage, they're still very killable. The exp bonus only nets them like...2 levels as well. It's laughable.

mikecxz 07-28-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 1751895)
Yeah, the normal exp you get/price of gods are absurd at the moment.

There's no way snowballing is significant. You have to screw up SO many times...with 400~ gold a god kill, you have to die to them SIX times for them to get ONE fully upgraded item. And even with a whole item advantage, they're still very killable. The exp bonus only nets them like...2 levels as well. It's laughable.

you would be surprised how bad some people are.

anyways, just hit 6, bought hel, and did my first match with her. did surprisingly great, though it does get a tad confusing when im switching styles in the middle of a fight :l. decided to try a AP/MP5 and besides early laneing i didn't run out of mana a single time.

RoflKnife 07-28-2012 06:48 PM

As you play with better people, the matches become increasingly reliant on teamwork. Pushing lanes matter so much, team gold/individual item advantage matters so little (unless again you royally screw up a huge number of times...) with team fights, and methodic jungling is huge.

mikecxz 08-03-2012 06:48 AM

they had an update today, but it seems they've added a new god and I've heard they halved the favor you get when you level from 1000 to 500.

kale15 08-03-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecxz (Post 1754452)
they had an update today, but it seems they've added a new god and I've heard they halved the favor you get when you level from 1000 to 500.

they did, on both counts.

I wouldn't hate how gem pushy they are, as you only need to be good with 3 gods. But this is the beta, and it's extremely glitchy. I played 7 matches today where it skip god selection and went straight to game where you play as an immortal nothing, and declares me a deserter when it's over. It leaves me with a nasty taste in my mouth.

RoflKnife 08-03-2012 04:46 PM

Patch seems like a step in the right direction. Agni nerfed, He Bo nerfed, Guan Yu nerfed, not sure why Ao Kuang was buffed. Reinforced boots finally nerfed too.

New god seems amazing, I need to save up the DOSH to get him.

mikecxz 08-03-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 1754695)
Patch seems like a step in the right direction. Agni nerfed, He Bo nerfed, Guan Yu nerfed, not sure why Ao Kuang was buffed. Reinforced boots finally nerfed too.

New god seems amazing, I need to save up the DOSH to get him.

AK really only had his tornado and ultimate going for him, being that he is THE best pusher in smite and last hit pretty much every minion he would usually be ahead on gold and could push lanes like a boss, but he couldn't fight other gods at all because of how easy it is to dodge around the tornado. Aside from the ultimate, he's terrible at fighting. Unless you catch them inside Odin's ult or something, then he can do decently.

Faith 08-04-2012 07:49 PM

Downside to all 3rd person Mobas I've played so far, nigh-impossible to balance. Every one I've seen so far have broken ass heroes/champions/w.e or good enough to still dominate everything

RoflKnife 08-04-2012 08:14 PM

Pushing is emphasized greatly in Smite, so there's nothing wrong with that. He's pretty bad 1v1, but in group fights it's fine. He can tornado to area deny or in the middle of a big brawl. His ultimate and tornado is amazing in the jungles for team fights. I guess Ra arguably does better with more utility, but Kuang hits harder, and is a better pusher.

mikecxz 08-06-2012 02:30 PM

>played a game expecting to have enough for a new god after

>win

>8 favor short

:l

kale15 08-08-2012 09:38 PM

FYI, they lowered the cost of some gods to 2750:
Ao Kuang
Odin
Bastet
He Bo

showing that they will lower favor costs on gods.

mikecxz 08-08-2012 11:52 PM

got Sobek now, been doing great with him. people never seem to learn to stay away from the tower whenever im under, i always end up tossing them under and keeping them there until they die. Went 8/0/6 last game, building pure tank with no damage items aside from void stone

mikecxz 09-02-2012 02:18 PM

Got Vamana now, went 10/1/12 the first game. His tanking ability even when building for damage is so stupid.

Henreh 09-24-2012 11:07 AM

Smite Online

You remember LOCO? Well maybe not since that game was fail. Well Smite is basically the same concept. I believe it's been in CB for months now and it's a change of pace from LoL, SMN, and Dota.

Site here

Smite-Online | News & Community

Gameplay

I can give beta keys away. Leave your e-mails (AND YOUR PASSWORDS BAHAHAHHAHA)

Mega 04-05-2013 10:00 PM

/don't know if anyone knew

Smite is F2P since idk when.... I thought they said it would go P2P after that closed beta thing...?

Mega 02-02-2014 01:26 AM

Necro~

Anyone playing this anymore? My friends got me addicted to it again :(

Riolu 02-05-2014 01:27 AM

Played it 3 days, deleted it after because i had a leaver in the game every single time.