League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-16-2012   #1 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blacklight Retribution

Currently free on steam. The graphics are pretty nice for a free to play game. It's pretty flashy.

If I were to say one thing about what sets this apart from other shooters is the Hyper-Reality Visor or HRV for short. Basically, everyone has wallhax in this game. You press V and the world turns something like wireframe and enemy locations can be seen. It takes a little while getting used to, but it certainly adds some strategic differences to this game compared to other FPS games.

TotalBiscuit (whose video i have linked below) gives a pretty good overview of the microtransaction model they use so I'll skip that. Each game start, you get points towards "unlocks" for enemies your kill or objectives you clear (ie. return or capture the flag). Using these you can buy different weapons or even a huge mech to pilot around (if you're on the opposing side verse the mech, press V to use HRV and find flashing blue parts on robot. That's weak spot.).

Launch Trailer

TotalBiscuit's WTF IS THIS

Homepage: http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/
Steam: Blacklight: Retribution on Steam

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-23-2012   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Here's a video of me being horrible at the game!

07-23-2012   #3 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

lolol, i'm a lot more paranoid. i don't wanna go around corners until i've used HRV. i'm also scared to move very far without using it. i kinda practice my memory since i basically use it for a fraction of a second-ish before turning it off. i like... turn it on, spin around quickly, turn it off, and swear cause i forgot. >_>;

07-23-2012   #4 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

I usually just check where they generally are and run around. Hardly ever check corners with it because usually when I do, someone else is rounding the corner and they kill me before I can turn off HRV, lol.

07-24-2012   #5 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Wouldn't you score more kills if you run around like an idiot cuz everyone is pausing to use the HRV

/never played

07-24-2012   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho
Wouldn't you score more kills if you run around like an idiot cuz everyone is pausing to use the HRV

/never played
The more seasoned players use HRV to see you coming from further away and sort set you up for them to kill you.

That and a lot of people like to use SMGs, which are so OP if they catch you running at them.

07-24-2012   #7 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

There's lots of corners. Also, information is everything. Running around like a crazyman without using HRV can run you straight into some guy who knew you were coming. While there is some delay going in and out of HRV, as long as they aren't already sprinting around the corner, you're usually fine.

07-24-2012   #8 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Also, you can probably see ALL the cases where my (mis)use of HRV screwed me over. Especially my first death! God, that was a heavy facepalm moment.

07-24-2012   #9 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

And you can't really say hax. Cause... Everyone hax wallhax. :|

07-24-2012   #10 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Was bored and finding it pretty fun to make videos again, so here's another.

07-24-2012   #11 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

"You are now TEAM WARLORD."

I always wonder if some people make a habit of just going for the team warlords. Makes me even more paranoid whenever I get that. OTL

07-25-2012   #12 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

One more recording from last night since I'll be gone for most of today.

You can witness me being a complete idiot with a shotgun I picked up. LOL.

07-25-2012   #13 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold

Ingame UI is pretty clean but lobby/market screens are just complete mess. it's too flashy.

07-25-2012   #14 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Ingame UI is pretty clean but lobby/market screens are just complete mess. it's too flashy.
I don't find it that bad, better than most FPS.

07-25-2012   #15 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Assault Rifle is versatile, SMG is damn fast.

But Combat Rifle... wtf is this shit.

07-26-2012   #16 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Assault Rifle is versatile, SMG is damn fast.

But Combat Rifle... wtf is this shit.
Pseudo-sniper or semi-auto rifle. It's pretty strong, no idea how to properly use it though.

07-26-2012   #17 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Pseudo-sniper or semi-auto rifle. It's pretty strong, no idea how to properly use it though.
Me neither. I can't camp with this cuz the recoil is pretty heavy and it's not the most accurate thing in the world, and if I run into someone in the corridor with this I'd get gunned down by SMG right off the bat.

07-26-2012   #18 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Me neither. I can't camp with this cuz the recoil is pretty heavy and it's not the most accurate thing in the world, and if I run into someone in the corridor with this I'd get gunned down by SMG right off the bat.
Guess it's a gun you want to heavy mod before actually using.

07-26-2012   #19 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Guess it's a gun you want to heavy mod before actually using.
Also, do I get to unlock more loadout slots as I level up or is it restricted to cash player only for the entire game?

07-26-2012   #20 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

I got a second loadout when I hit level 5 so it's probably the former.