Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-14-2012   #1 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rainbow Moon.

Do you have a PS3? Do you love old-school SRPGs (such as FFT)? If yes, you'll more than likely love Rainbow Moon. Going for only $15 with the potential for a hundred or so hours of entertainment, it is quite the steal.

SRPGs are right up my alley, and I am quite glad to have come across this gem. On top of that, I generally find the soundtrack to be absolutely beautiful; you can find a sample of it below:

Spoiler!

The story isn't anything special, nor is there any real character development. However, the main focus of the game are the battles itself, and this is where the game really shines. You probably won't like the pace if you're used to high speed action/FPS games, but eventually it may grow on you.

The art style may put you off if you don't like colorful/cartoon graphics, but it will more than likely grow on you as well (I personally found it very aesthetically pleasing when I first played). There are a lot of old school mechanics in the game as well, such as the food and inventory/leveling system.

Even if you are a hardcore gamer, I would recommend starting off with the normal difficulty first, at least for the first few hours. Quite a bit of grinding is required to progress well with the hard difficulty (which you'll probably quite like if you're an old school gamer), and you won't be missing anything from playing the normal difficulty anyway.

As a bonus, you can download a bundle of quite a few generous pearls (used as stat points to upgrade with the Savant) and rainbow coins (the world's currency) from the playstation story for free. Additional pearl and rainbow coin boosts are also available for purchase, but these aren't required in the least; they're quite cheap anyway, if you feel that you need a bit of extra help.

If you're interested in the game, but still are on the fence with it; there is an excellent review available by ReviewZoneHD here:

Spoiler!

I hope you find the game to be as enjoyable as I do!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-20-2012   #2 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

I am in love with this game
The BGM in this game is amazing too.

07-21-2012   #3 (permalink)
Jon
Games
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
I am in love with this game
The BGM in this game is amazing too.
For sure, it is good to hear you're having a great time playing it. If I may ask, what party members do you like to use?

07-22-2012   #4 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
For sure, it is good to hear you're having a great time playing it. If I may ask, what party members do you like to use?
I just got Gorodo, but atm I'm still sticking with Baldren, Dozeru and Trisha since there's jellies every where I go and they eat Gorodo up in 2 hits.

I really want to switch Trisha out though, in tough fights all she does is defend and chug pots. sigh

07-23-2012   #5 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Quote:
I just got Gorodo, but atm I'm still sticking with Baldren, Dozeru and Trisha since there's jellies every where I go and they eat Gorodo up in 2 hits.

I really want to switch Trisha out though, in tough fights all she does is defend and chug pots. sigh
Yeah, you'll probably want to stick with those three for at least a little while. Trisha is a decent ranged character, but eventually you'll get another party member that you might want to replace her with (since she lags behind in damage a bit from Baldren and Dozeru).

Gorodo is a nice alternative to Dozeru if you want a change of pace; although he has the potential to be a lot more speedy and have a bit more damage than Dozeru. Only downside is that Gorodo is a bit of a glass cannon, especially if you don't have the pearls to invest in HP. I did hear that you gain a lot more pearls and EXP per match post game (you can't start a new game + however), so leveling the extra characters might be a good idea by then if you're up to it.

Also, if you're playing on hard; the game is significantly more challenging. Thankfully, you're not required to play on hard for any trophies. Normal is enough for me.

07-23-2012   #6 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

I'm playing on Normal and I've already had trouble with some bosses lol, only win when I get lucky with positioning but that might be because my equips were bad and I didn't have many skills. I only found out recently that you had to actually pick up the item bags in battle otherwise they disappear at the end so I could never afford anything lol.

Just got Serena and I'm having a blast with my new party (Dozeru, Gorodo, Serena).
Gorodo wrecks everything and even though his defense is low he gains a lot of HP per level so it makes up for it.
Dozeru never dies and deals good damage and AoE too.
and Serena, finally got myself a ranged character that actually deals damage, and she fulfils other roles like AoE damage and support too, great.

I wonder if the final slingshot character will have a place in my party...

Last edited by Kenzor; 07-23-2012 at 02:49 PM.

07-24-2012   #7 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Quote:
I'm playing on Normal and I've already had trouble with some bosses lol, only win when I get lucky with positioning but that might be because my equips were bad and I didn't have many skills. I only found out recently that you had to actually pick up the item bags in battle otherwise they disappear at the end so I could never afford anything lol.

Just got Serena and I'm having a blast with my new party (Dozeru, Gorodo, Serena).
Gorodo wrecks everything and even though his defense is low he gains a lot of HP per level so it makes up for it.
Dozeru never dies and deals good damage and AoE too.
and Serena, finally got myself a ranged character that actually deals damage, and she fulfils other roles like AoE damage and support too, great.

I wonder if the final slingshot character will have a place in my party...
Yeah, normal can be quite challenging. There is a bit of a difficulty spike later on, definitely makes me happy I went with normal. As far as I know, nobody really uses the final character because he's weak with weak range, but not too many people experiment with him. I plan on using him eventually, anyway.

Also, I just happened to get this simultaneous level up with all three party characters. Wasn't planned or anything, hah.

There were about 30+ enemies on the grid (random encounter), so that's why I got so much EXP.

Last edited by Jon; 07-24-2012 at 03:32 PM.

07-24-2012   #8 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Yeah I noticed battles give a lot of exp as long as there's a lot of monsters, even if they're mostly fodder.

Around Lvl 32 with my party now, leveling actually seems to be getting faster for some reason lol.

07-27-2012   #9 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Reinshiki
IGN: Reinshiki
Class: Amy, Arme, Ryan and Mari.
Level: What's the point? GC now so easy.

Interesting... Is it up on the PSN store? I haven't checked in awhile.

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.
- To save yourself unnecessary trouble, read the forum rules.

07-27-2012   #10 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinshiki
Interesting... Is it up on the PSN store? I haven't checked in awhile.
Been up for a few weeks now.

07-30-2012   #11 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Got my final party member, he's pretty meh at first but when you actually take the time to learn his weird shooting angles and earn pearls for him he's actually pretty strong . Doubles up as a hardcore support too since I think he can learn all the support skills the girls can learn AND the support skills that the guys can learn too?

Lvl 50, 30 hours in and I can't believe I still haven't finished this $15/10 game yet lol. Still having fun.

07-31-2012   #12 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Oh nice, glad to hear Zelorus is actually a good character. I'll probably use him down the road eventually (still focusing on the 3 early characters). I'm currently around 50 hours in, and still have yet to beat the main quest.

Then again, I like to take my time to explore to do all side quests I can at the moment.

08-06-2012   #13 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Double post, sorry, but this just happened. This wasn't planned, but look at Zelorus' speed stat. I thought it was fitting, haha.

08-07-2012   #14 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Very fitting, lol.
I just completed the game after about 55 hours of playing, didn't think such a cheaply priced game would last me that long, and that's not even counting the post game stuff lol.

I think I'm going to leave the post game stuff for another time though, exhausted myself out on this game, pretty fun and addicting.