Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-09-2012   #21 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Well can't grab people out of mashing if I'm perma-stunned.

Also, watching thebrett try to IK everyone is funny.

Last edited by buta; 08-10-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-10-2012   #22 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

JUST DP AND END IT IN A DRAW

08-10-2012   #23 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

I liked it better when I saw the original titled Yu Faces Himself.

08-10-2012   #24 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

I somehow got my copy a lot earlier than noted before.

I gagged when I heard Labrys' voice. Dear god.

So who has it for the PS3 and PSNs?

08-10-2012   #25 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

I haven't gotten it just yet, but.
Spoiler!

--Frenchbread is

08-10-2012   #26 (permalink)
and more came out
Games

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of

I have it for the PS3.

psn:
mrnaruhodou

08-10-2012   #27 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanichi
I haven't gotten it just yet, but.
Spoiler!
And that's why MC got all the girls and Akihiko didn't.

08-11-2012   #28 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Just got it yesterday and my goodness, been playing too much Blazblu, the controls for this are weird. Easy, but weird. Tried changing it to be similar which seemed to do a bit a good but when I was trying out the challenges... button pics didn't change so I raged and changed them back to default.

Haven't played it much yet though.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

08-11-2012   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

So i tried it out yesterday, but i didn't really like it.
the EZ-mode mash button combos kinda bored me. Cant mash light hits either, or you'll go into auto combo.
No 623 commands, all the meter using attacks are 236 or 214 twice.
not enough attacks in my opinion.

Insta-Kills too easy to pull off and made them less satisfying(fffffing invincible frame during the whole activation makes it so easy to hit).

If i play the game more, i'm probably only going to use Labryss.
Then, again, i dont know much of combos so maybe the game is a lot better than i think it is.

08-11-2012   #30 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

The easier commands make the game seem funner and more accessible to new players but...that's it. If anything they seem to promote bad habits and such. The auto-combo is really bad if you follow it up the whole way through, and manual combos are far better. I've played people that just try abusing big gamble because hurrrr INVINCIBLE DP, but they're so predictable I punish them every time.

There's players that just rely on the auto combo, and they have no grasp of spacing and all that jazz. Meterless combos seem simple, but about all of the difficulty comes from the frame traps, wake up games, and one more (burst) combos. The easy shit is just to lure people in.

08-11-2012   #31 (permalink)
and more came out
Games

I agree. The auto combos are there for the Persona fans who don't play fighting games.

I don't really mind the easy inputs, since my friends who don't normally play fighting games can still have fun without being turn off by the more "complex" inputs.

I think it is still possible to mash light hits without turning on autocombo?
Just dash in between hits? A 66 A 66 A 66 A?
Shrug, I dunno. I've seen Chies do that.

08-11-2012   #32 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Ayo, I play fighting games and use the autocombos, so don't be hating on that shit just because you think it's too low for your level. It's no different from ABC, it's just fit on one button. You have the OPTION to play with more complex combos, Labrys definitely has that option, so I don't see how autocombos make the game "boring." (By the way, red axe Labrys, 5AA 5AA 5AAAA super real combo)

If you want to mash 5A, you hold 4 and mash A. It's not effective, but it disables autocombo 5A, though I don't see why you are mashing 5A for pressure when you can mash 2A (unless you are Shadow Labrys or someone without mashable 2A, huehue) or 5A overhead.

Game has by far the most fluid autocombo system from any fighting games I've played.

I don't see how having no 623 inputs makes the game any less initiating or fun. QCF/QCBx2 input supers have been part of fighting games since god knows when, especially in airdashers where combination inputs are usually EXs instead of supers. In fact, it makes the game more intuitive and flows smoother.

Many instant kills are very easy to avoid at the cost of the game making them very easy to set-up.

Why am I so butthurt about this? Because I get the feeling that you are putting a game down because it has features catered towards beginners; that a game with simplicity is less of a game that is overly complicated; and that using the beginner features make you less of a player than people that don't use it. I don't know how many times in various games I've had to read about people getting angry about something having a simple design instead of something that looks like a jigsawrubidokuligion and instantly consider it unworthy.

Last edited by Nihil679; 08-11-2012 at 07:35 PM.

08-12-2012   #33 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Why is this better than Ziodyne in just about every way?

08-12-2012   #34 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Because it has cooler cinematics.

08-13-2012   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Ayo, I play fighting games and use the autocombos, so don't be hating on that shit just because you think it's too low for your level. It's no different from ABC, it's just fit on one button. You have the OPTION to play with more complex combos, Labrys definitely has that option, so I don't see how autocombos make the game "boring." (By the way, red axe Labrys, 5AA 5AA 5AAAA super real combo)

Why am I so butthurt about this? Because I get the feeling that you are putting a game down because it has features catered towards beginners; that a game with simplicity is less of a game that is overly complicated; and that using the beginner features make you less of a player than people that don't use it. I don't know how many times in various games I've had to read about people getting angry about something having a simple design instead of something that looks like a jigsawrubidokuligion and instantly consider it unworthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0SH2
If i play the game more, i'm probably only going to use Labryss.
Then again, i dont know much of combos so maybe the game is a lot better than i think it is.
I just found auto combos to make it a bit boring because i wanted that feel when i play with my friend and we try a new fighting game where we dont know any form of comboing and it becomes a zoning and lolwhatarewedoing kind of match. Also didnt like auto combos since i mash when matches get really close and the auto combo system will not help me stop that habit.

I just would have preferred having 623 attacks since i was mainly using only the two physical attack buttons and wanted more attacks to try and use. Again, i dont know much of how to combo, so i didnt really like using personas since they would either break or take too long to startup and thus would mainly use the two physical attacks only.

Sure the game is simple and thats fine, but i just dont think the system works for me that well. I'll still play the game, but i wouldnt really go and buy it and instead will just play it whenever my friend brings it.

08-13-2012   #36 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

So you're telling me that you find autocombos boring because when you don't know combos, you played a certain way that does not require knowing combos that you find fun. Thus, you don't like the game because you don't think you can play how you play when you don't know combos because the game has autocombos, but you don't know a game because you don't know the combos. So in summary, you don't like the game because you don't know the game?

At minimum, that is approximately 4 unique special attacks available if I can consider them "simple" inputs. If you're telling me you need more than 4 unique special attacks on any fighting game character, I don't think anime fighting games are your thing. Ever.
Not to even mention that P4U splits attack buttons in two categories, character and persona. Thus, you technically have twice the amount of different inputs available compared to your average anime fighting game.

Again, let me attempt to put your words in summary based on what I'm pulling out of your post. You are telling me that this game is so absolutely simple, yet you imply you don't know the uses of persona attacks and do not know combos and that the game is punishing you for your habits.

08-13-2012   #37 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:
I just found auto combos to make it a bit boring because i wanted that feel when i play with my friend and we try a new fighting game where we dont know any form of comboing and it becomes a zoning and lolwhatarewedoing kind of match. Also didnt like auto combos since i mash when matches get really close and the auto combo system will not help me stop that habit.
It's your problem if you mash. The game is heavily focused on zoning, you just don't know how to play.

Quote:
I just would have preferred having 623 attacks since i was mainly using only the two physical attack buttons and wanted more attacks to try and use. Again, i dont know much of how to combo, so i didnt really like using personas since they would either break or take too long to startup and thus would mainly use the two physical attacks only.
There are a lot of different persona attacks, most of them are just as fast as A/B, but linger to be hit, which is part of the gameplay. If you don't know how to combo or use personas, it's not the game's problem again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Not to even mention that P4U splits attack buttons in two categories, character and persona. Thus, you technically have twice the amount of different inputs available compared to your average anime fighting game.
No, it's pretty much the same amount of attacks, if not less compared to other games of the same type.

08-13-2012   #38 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
No, it's pretty much the same amount of attacks, if not less compared to other games of the same type.
I'm considering special attacks only. If you consider the Persona a different character, there's more potential special attacks than Melty Blood and BlazBlue. With ABCD layout, most have special inputs on AB, where C in MB would be EX and D is usually special (MB shield, BB drive). Instead, P4U has AB + CD, where CD can be considered a different character, because 214C could be much different from 214A. Since P4U operates on the A+B/C+D EX system, it has less attack buttons, but more potential special attacks available because it doesn't need a third/sixth button for EX.

08-13-2012   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
It's your problem if you mash. The game is heavily focused on zoning, you just don't know how to play.

There are a lot of different persona attacks, most of them are just as fast as A/B, but linger to be hit, which is part of the gameplay. If you don't know how to combo or use personas, it's not the game's problem again.
Yeah i know its my problem, i know im bad at playing the game, and i know that the things i dont like are all part of the game. What i'm saying is that even though the game is absolutely simple(as in simple display, easy commands, and straightforward gameplay), it doesn't mean i know what can combo with what, and thus dont know how to do good combos.

Look, everything i said earlier was all on what i experienced after about 3 hours of playing against my friend, i expected something more, but didnt get whatever i was looking for. Based on that, you can simply ignore whatever you think im wrong about since its based on a short amount of playtime.

I dont see why you guys get so butthurt mad because of my inital impression and my disappointed reaction to the game.

08-13-2012   #40 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

I already told you why I'm butthurtangryshitfaced, I despise it when people think that something is simple makes it less of a thing, which you sound drippingly disappointed about the game being simple.

You state the game is simple, yet you only played the game for three hours.
You state the game is simple, yet you don't know how to combo, despite the game having an autocombo; which you also are extremely disappointed with.
You state the game is simple, yet you obviously do not understand the core concept of persona attacks.
You state the game is simple, yet you are being punished by the game for your habits.
You state the game is simple, yet you seem to ignore the underlying complexity behind P4U.

The game is not simple. It's simplified, but not simple. Just because they smoothed the rough edges of your average fighting game and added some childproof safety features on it does not make it less intricate. The game is just about as in-depth and intricate as any other fighting game out there, the only difference is that it's more accessible to a wider audience.

You want to know why people get mad when their game is under fire? Because many of them know their game deserves better.