04-04-2012   #1 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default EA is voted the worst company in America

The Voters Have Spoken: EA Is Your Worst Company In America For 2012! - The Consumerist

I don't think this'll change how they roll, but at least it gets the world out that EA is a pile of ****s.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-04-2012   #2 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

they're pretty bad, but i really don't think they're the worst in the country. isn't monsanto far worse?

04-04-2012   #3 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

Not really surprised.

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

04-04-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

If you think EA treats their customers badly, you should see how they treat their employees.

ea_spouse: EA: The Human Story

Last edited by Rhinehart; 04-06-2012 at 03:51 PM.

04-05-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake
they're pretty bad, but i really don't think they're the worst in the country. isn't monsanto far worse?
this.

but most people don't even know what Monsanto is.

04-05-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
this.

but most people don't even know what Monsanto is.
I do! Largely 'cuz my mom hates 'em, though.

04-05-2012   #7 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

The site is called Consumerists, and it's for...consumers. Thus, if you saw the match up charts, the worst company in America candidates only consisted of companies that everyday consumers would deal with.

04-07-2012   #8 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think they were the worst... until all that Origin stuff came out.

04-07-2012   #9 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Can't say I'm that surprised, but there are a lot of others that are on the bottom with them lol...

04-09-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

how did people possibly find EA worse then Bank of America?

04-10-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

ForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
The site is called Consumerists, and it's for...consumers. Thus, if you saw the match up charts, the worst company in America candidates only consisted of companies that everyday consumers would deal with.
This...I don't see how EA can be that bad of a company. Because they don't make games like we want? Its a business though. How else would they be the worst company of the year? I just don't get it.

04-10-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheCity
This...I don't see how EA can be that bad of a company. Because they don't make games like we want? Its a business though. How else would they be the worst company of the year? I just don't get it.
One of the biggest reasons I saw listed was that they'd rush their games to get 'em out on time, then any glitches they'd have to fix would be available only in a DLC patch. So you have to pay them, not only to buy their games, but also for them to fix them. But I figure that must just be the tip of the iceburg. Look for the "ea_spouse" article I linked to in my first post and that might give you more of an insight into the company. Although it's more about how they treat their employees than their customers.

04-10-2012   #13 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheCity
ea has always been a bad company, but their somewhat recent (the last 8 years or so) spree of buying up and killing smaller dev teams has really been hurting everyone.

also, stuff like this:

it was fine to mod singleplayer games before.

04-10-2012   #14 (permalink)
Socially Awkward Penguin
Games
Cosmic BreakNostaleLa TaleGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

cornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Corneal35/CORNmecha
Class: Ruinwalker\Engistar lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19X/16X
Guild: StarOcean

To be honest im not suprised after the crap they pulled with ME 3 and every other "use to be decent game"-.-. BOFA needs to be burned to the ground

Last edited by cornpirde35; 04-10-2012 at 08:25 PM.

04-10-2012   #15 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecxz
how did people possibly find EA worse then Bank of America?
Thing is, Bank of America just so happens to work in an industry where it CAN do more damage.

Its not exactly fair if only 'important' industries can win (lose?) these competitions based on that. Otherwise, other crap companies in other fields could never get the proper exposure for their follies.

I feel its more fair to take the principles of the bad moves EA has made, and imagine them as a bank or some other sensitive industry. Overpricing or incomplete services, buggy systems (the equivalent to Origin) causing outages keeping you from access to your account. Nickle and diming for specific services... EA as a bank? sounds like trouble.

04-26-2012   #16 (permalink)
Static

what if nexon bought ea?
Nexon said to make offfer for Electronic Arts, Bloomberg reports - Yahoo! Finance

04-26-2012   #17 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Devilit
Class: Raven lt_explorer
Level: 60
Guild: Majestic
Xfire: riolu

Sounds like Voldemort just bought Mordor.

04-26-2012   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

It'd probably be an improvement for EA.

04-26-2012   #19 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake
isn't monsanto far worse?
Monsanto....... >(

04-26-2012   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

ForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the rough

Well I think most people are just hating EA right now because their games aren't delivering. Isn't that true? They aren't meeting the consumers standards and thats why the consumers are saying they suck.

What's Monsanto?