ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   Kritika (Lunia 2.0) CBT soon (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/109642-kritika-lunia-2-0-cbt-soon.html)

Griever 03-18-2012 10:07 PM

Kritika (Lunia 2.0) CBT soon

CBT is coming out soon for the KR version of KRitika. Don't think there's a topic here about it yet.

As an ARPG emphasizing 3D extreme actions, Kritika has been developed by Lunia Online's developer Allm since 2008, and was once codenamed "Project Apple". The game received a big award from the Korea Creative Content Agency in April, 2010, and selected GameOn as its publisher in Japan when still under development. From this, we can easily see Kritika's great charm.

The only action-based MMO in Hangame eX 2011, much of the attention had been on this game as it apparently won a design award during its development phase. Why did the post title stated the term "All in the name"? Well, Kritika is actually the supposed combination of 2 English words, "Critical" and "Attack". In this short interview the Korean media had with the development studio, ALLM (see: Lunia,) we find out more about the game's systems.

Quote:

Kritika (KR) is a new MMORPG that aims to wow players with it’s stunning and detailed graphic system. Kritika is developed and published by South Korean Allm and NHN and features 10-minute short instances and a detailed combat system that is sure to catch player’s attention. The launch for Kritika is still undetermined, however, the Closed Beta testing phase is set for launch within the first half of 2012.

The development team behind the new Action MMORPG Kritika has made a huge effort to satisfy their players with stunning graphics, smooth controls, and top of the line combat effects. The Kritika team stated that they were unsure if ordinary graphic cards would be able to handle what they have been working on, so they have adopted a cartoon graphic system for the most enhanced in-game experience (nobody wants to play a glitchy MMORPG). In an effort to give Kritika a unique feel, developers have made a battle system where the weapons (based off of which type they are) will react differently upon attack. For example, blunt weapons will cause a character to pause for a moment after attacking and sword attacks will slow down before the moment of impact and allow players to see it pierce their enemy’s hide. This feature is to enhance and captivate players by focusing on the minor details and allowing the attack to seem more vivid.

Along with these features, Kritika will also feature a quest mode similar to other MMORPGs (ie. Boss battles, quests, and goodies), however, the development team is putting a huge emphasis on the dungeon game-play. Players can expect this MMORPG to be action packed and will have to learn to master the art of evasion to deal with the constant foes. The boss battles seem very exciting, however, the dev team recommends that players observe their boss fights closely to figure out the best plan of attack.

Currently, the development team is working on cleaning up this action packed MMORPG by deleting any unnecessary processes and aims to bring players a short and thrilling MMORPG. The Closed Beta should be approaching soon, and we can’t wait to check it out! If you’re interested in Kritika or simply want to let us know what you think, please feel free to leave us a comment in the box below. We’d love to hear it!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QCFjXILivZ...00/kritika.jpg
http://img5.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/20...a/kritika3.jpg

Quote:

Q: When Lunia was in development, the target was to "conquer the universe". Is the same concept used for Kritika as well?

The development team for Lunia was really called "Conquer the Universe". Thinking back, it was kind of immature on our part, but it was really our aim. Through developing Lunia, we learn invaluable lessons and used the experience we had as the foundation for developing Kritika into a better game.

Q: Kritika's main selling point will be its over the edge and stylish action. Will it be a problem if players see the exaggerated combat as being childish?

We thought about what the players really want during the development process. Rather than complicated systems, what players want is actually quick and fast combat within a short period of time. In order to boost the action combat sequence, a more cartoony approach was taken for Kritika. However, we did not use the same concept for the whole game as it will really look very childish!

Q: Kritika adopts the auto-target system for combat. Although convenient, it does have its own problems which will worry players.

In a fast paced game, it will be a torture for players having to aim at the targets accurately before a blow can be struck. Hence, the auto target system was utilized. Basically, it will choose the nearest mob within the character's view, while the range of attacks will depend on the skills.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fHuFb39PKU...0/kritika2.jpg
http://img5.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/20...a/kritika4.jpg

Q: There are currently 2 character classes introduced which are both melee oriented. Will there be ranged classes such as a magician?

There will be, but it will most probably just a plain magician class. It might be a magician class wielding a gun, a combination within one character. As an action game, players will be curious to find out how the experience differs between ranged and melee characters. We are using the Gears of War series' combat experience as a reference for our ranged classes. In our development team, there are those who used to be professional MMOFPS players as well which will impart their experiences into developing the classes.

Q: Other than the action combat, what other features does Kritika has to offer?

Through developing Lunia, we picked up various lessons and experience which will be implemented on Kritika. At every character level, there will be a different target for players to hit. There will be a heavy RPG element found as well, with us taking in suggestions and feedback from players once testing starts to improve the game.

Q: From the trailer, it seems that some attacks are not chained properly together. Is this the same in the actual game?

No, that will not be the case. The trailer was actually made in a rush, hence some areas which are not polished.

Q: Now that the game has been revealed, how are you feeling right now?

It actually feels like marrying a daughter away! A bit of happiness, a bit of excitement and we will like to thank Hangame for this opportunity. Please stay tuned for more information about Kritika!

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uAOz94A430k/TdP_KBTSxiI/AAAAAAAACr8/xPtZKAQzCZ0/s640/kritika1.jpg/img]
-------------------------------------------

NHN cancels Hangame eX 2012 ~ MMO ☆ Culture

If you remembered, Korean MMO NHN hold its games festival on an annual basis, showcasing upcoming games and ones which are early in development. Hangame eX 2011 (link) was a blast, with Project R1 hogging most of the spotlight as it was developed by Mr Hakkyu Kim, also known as the "founding father" of Ragnarok Online during his Gravity days. Most would feel the games will be more polished for an even better show this year.

But that is not the case, as NHN claimed that the event will be canceled this year due to several titles not being able to meet the schedule. This, of course, includes Project R1. Even the CryEngine 3 "Asian WoW", Asta (link), is not ready despite being playable at G*Star 2010.

Hangame stated the company will instead focus on operating Pro Evolution Soccer Online and Metro Conflict (link). BlizzCon gone, and now this. Hope it doesn't evolve into a trend. Can you imagine not having ChinaJoy or G*Star due to lack of participants?

http://blogallm.files.wordpress.com/...1_0913_111.png
http://blogallm.files.wordpress.com/...1_0913_121.png
http://img3.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/20...a/kritika5.jpg
[img]http://img2.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2012/02/29/kritika/kritika6.jpg/img]
http://img0.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/20...a/kritika7.jpg

Kritika is a very aggressive game . So far, most of the action MMORPG me to escape the pressure focused on the situation .

For example, if you see jeontuman with bosses attack patterns to identify and avoid a gap in the moment is the way by going out on counter . around the pitfalls to avoid pouring them out, or flock treatment, if the monster is even . of course, the priority is a monster .

Whereas Kritika Battle of the monster's attack with skill levels is a way for tat . Kritika Skills for the opponent's attack because of a variety of properties to suit it, ' chewable ' skills have been sealed off while you attack, the source drive can be attached .

For example, if you use a monster super armor, super armor, destroying property, crush them using the skills and inability to attack a strong defense is used. I've never fainted before attacking skill or turns away . so exciting battle will mainly flows player .

' hitting the beaten ' to emphasize the feeling of the ball in the graphics and rendering deulyeotda . mediocre graphics and it looks like there might be limits to include exaggerated cartoon rendering chosen a weapon of the enemy, depending on the material differed scraping feeling . especially Monster noted that the reaction of a non-character .

Whenever you hit an enemy attack with a blunt instrument jeokjunghal stop character slightly . dull feeling alive is a kind of direct adversity . the other hand, if you attack the enemy sword momentarily slows down while passing through . enemy Ben stand to revive the feeling of escaping the knife .

WHILE WHILE selected cartoon rendering effect is to create a more colorful and larger . later fly to Andromeda, your goal is to create a level of skill .

Also significantly reduced the length of dungeons . < Creative Mathematica > the time it takes to finish a dungeon in the 5 to 10 minutes . inconvenient process when you start the game, it threw a party recruitment and entry process, the stage was also minimized . any kontencheudeun hours without feeling the burden of short and sweet to enjoy, to make " creative Mathematica > 's goal .

Forward from 30 to 40 minutes it takes a long dungeon not make idea . Kim Young Directors think the best play time , 'she Creative ( Suddenly she arrived at) in progress when dungeon, breaking the game when you exit get fit enough not to be long ' because . " Rooney Ah Electric > If the total drama < Creative Mathematica > Dame come out of the action movie star Jason being a Kim Young is director of the description .

" I do not stimulate the kind of upside-down . extreme irritation that the users do not see a slow or boring. " Kim Young is director of the agnostic . short time, through the stimulation of the extreme " Creative Mathematica > getdaneun own charm and determination to show the essence choaeksyeonui all.

■ " < Lunia > I'll raise all learned from experience "

ALLM's first game < Lunia > has undergone many changes . service because of the initial action planning enthusiasts who focus on the difficulty in acquiring popularity suffered, MMORPG style is too focused on the content and then ok, was boring . I changed the parts are name < Lunia Z> I changed to jeongdoda . the process as much as in the users' communication director, said Kim Young certainly had learned .

"Users to express their likes and varies . A word now, if A , rather than applying the why A had gone out saying that it seems to need to worry. "

For example, the importance of story haetdaganeun about to add comments report Cutscenes keotsinman frustrating because the game is apt to listen to the story. The user just told me the story thing, but actually stood ' game 'to get the world belong to feel something ' because : As users are currently playing the game is not funny that the lack of objective means .

" Every case , every user is different, but not mean " Lunia > In the seven years I have seen and know-how in the ' Action ' is concerned, you can certainly understand user feedback. "

So < Lunia > showcasing the game before inviting external personnel are prepared from the test phase. Last year, five Mon Hangame EX 2011 debut showing at approximately 9 months 5-6 times the alpha test was conducted . Test target too < Lunia > From the user's relatives around , such as passing high school students vary .

I hear so many opinions " Lunia > when the ' stubbornness of the Kim Young 'was the nickname ' Kim Young palranggwi as' jeongdoda changed .

As a result, dropped further action, such as smoothly changing the characters enhance scored several achievements . still ' comments never see inside ' as a lot of open beta testing to continue until an external force is thought to have been invited to repeat the tests .

■ "second action's really fun, I'll show you "

Upcoming "Kritika>'s primary closed beta test is full of confidence ahead of director Kim Young.

" So we'll talk when we talk about in-house . you can afford pride . " Lunia > an action RPG game is one of our biggest markets opened, a lot of experience behind it than the game was out . so also increased visibility . < Kritika > The game will be the culmination of that experience ragoyo. "olemyi < Kritika > Expectations for a glimpse of confidence and is a part .

Auto targeting was adopted . advantages, but disadvantages in action can be more.

Kim Young twenty-four : fast action, was chosen for the auto-targeting . fast-moving action, the TPS as a user to align precisely targeted manner sustain. For fast and accurate targeting is an automatic selection of .

By default, the target will grip in the direction of the character's visual field , depending on the range of different skills . siwonseureoun a wide range of action if , in the direction you want the user must use the Auto-targeting skills to reduce weight and so forth .

Team is also motivated by overflowing confidence . action represented an important facilitator of programmers and other developers who live and breathe well planner's imagination into reality is perfectly willing to implement .

Now the " Kritika > to proceed with your character is inspiring castle . boss before blowing ' Hoot ~ ' flying the ridicule or after the battle and so forth variety show victory pose .

http://file.thisisgame.com/upload/bo...52657_4750.jpg

In the story " background " characters that have a more emotional character is actually alive is to make a goal. " King of Fighters> or < Tekken "series, like the character said.

Kim Young, full of confidence and motivation to twenty-four asked goals . " It's a flawless ttwieonande That's where the game rather than eopne eopne want to hear the word . and " Creative Mathematica > own fun show that, end users choaeksyeonyiraneun totally sympathetic and action to satisfy such a game? . "

< Kritika > the first half during a secondary closed beta test is expected to proceed . olemui confidence from experience if I can shine and watch.

http://file.thisisgame.com/upload/bo...52654_1197.JPG
(Kim Young, Kritika Developer)

http://file.thisisgame.com/board/fil...0_3a45e9a0.jpg<- trollface

:py32:

WhatThePho 03-18-2012 10:24 PM

Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, Blade & Soul, rumors of Baldr's Gate, and Hart of the Swarm to spend my time on.

Kiritika? zzzzzzzzz

buta 03-18-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatThePho (Post 1693711)
Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, Blade & Soul, rumors of Baldr's Gate, and Hart of the Swarm to spend my time on.

Kiritika? zzzzzzzzz

My thoughts exactly.

Griever 03-18-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatThePho (Post 1693711)

Kiritika? zzzzzzzzz

Kritika is the poor man's GW2.

Blizt 03-18-2012 11:17 PM

If this was actually released like 2 years ago then I could imagine myself excited and wanting to play this -- it's like Lunia's early days, you got awesome chained combo, bosses/stages that actually look hard!

...But now? Nah...I'm too busy hugging Guild Wars 2 :py17:

Beside I think it's very possible that this great game will eventually walk the same path as Lunia...

They said they used their experiences and lessons learned from Lunia to make their second game better? Why can't they just fix the first one instead of just giving up and moving to a new one...I mean it seemed to me that they hardly even tried:py61:

Harlequin 03-19-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BliztForever (Post 1693730)
If this was actually released like 2 years ago then I could imagine myself excited and wanting to play this -- it's like Lunia's early days, you got awesome chained combo, bosses/stages that actually look hard!

Beside I think it's very possible that this great game will eventually walk the same path as Lunia...

They said they used their experiences and lessons learned from Lunia to make their second game better? Why can't they just fix the first one instead of just giving up and moving to a new one...I mean it seemed to me that they hardly even tried:py61:

Technology gets better man, simple and plain.

Blizt 03-19-2012 12:55 AM

What they did wrong were not really the technology issue, but the whole concept they later brought into the game, such as every new characters' combo were getting shorter and shorter yet more powerful than the previous ones, or rb, or bonus stage with buncha easily-flinched-mob, etc,.

Some of them are so obvious that anyone with a clear mind could foresee those "updates" produced over the time can make a great game crumble.

If they really could not improve Lunia back then, could they at least not make it worse?

Griever 03-19-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BliztForever (Post 1693730)

Same for me. Lunia was revolutionary for it's time and a frontier for the ARPG genre, but now there's plenty of various ARPG MMOs and so far, Kritika doesn't seem to offer much more than Lunia. It seems pretty much the same as Lunia except a different camera angle and graphics. Maybe allm will release some info that will show us how, if at all, Kritika establishes itself as different from Lunia.

Of course, I'm not going to sit here and pretend I won't download it and try it out, if only because allm made it and I want to see if they're incompetent or if Lunia just took a wrong turn at some point.

Blizt 03-19-2012 01:45 AM

It's real sad...although I had quit Lunia long ago, I still love the charm it first showed me.

It had cons, but still a lot of potential, yet they screwed themselves over...

Had I not found Lunia back then, my Maple life would've extended = =
And I might never found this awesome community I'm in right now...

P.S. Well back on topic, regardless of how I feel about Lunia now, this new game still looks pretty nice, but THIS TIME, with GW2's release just around the corner, and the fact that I really don't have that much time like I used to, I think I really will pass on this game :/

Kenzor 03-19-2012 11:40 AM

Looks flashy but we all know the game is probably like this:

To perform flashy air combo press the following buttons:
1 then
2 then
3 then
4 then
5 then
6 then

INSANELY COMPLEX /sarcasm combo complete.
This game looks too simple and outdated compared to other next gen MMOs

Griever 03-19-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzor (Post 1693928)

1 then
2 then
3 then
4 then
5 then
6 then

Lunia isn't like that (if you play it right), so I'm not sure if allm would do that to Kritika.

Although...at Hangame 2011 they had this silly powerpoint presentation where they said "Easy to play + Appealing character + Extreme Action = Kritika."

I don't think ALLM realizes that the Easy to Play part isn't a good thing lol.:py39:

RoflKnife 03-19-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzor (Post 1693928)

1 then
2 then
3 then
4 then
5 then
6 then

This game looks too simple and outdated compared to other next gen MMOs

If you put it that way, there aren't really any games that have difficult to execute combos. It's the timing, spacing, situation, and execution needed to pull it off under pressure that makes combos in any game difficult.

Kenzor 03-19-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 1693940)
If you put it that way, there aren't really any games that have difficult to execute combos. It's the timing, spacing, situation, and execution needed to pull it off under pressure that makes combos in any game difficult.

Exactly my point, very few games can pull off combo systems correctly.
Dragon Nest, Elsword, Grand Chase are examples of games where you can combo properly and actually feel satisfied, rather than lazily pressing 1234567 to pull off a 7 hit combo.

RoflKnife 03-19-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzor (Post 1693985)
Exactly my point, very few games can pull off combo systems correctly.
Dragon Nest, Elsword, Grand Chase are examples of games where you can combo properly and actually feel satisfied, rather than lazily pressing 1234567 to pull off a 7 hit combo.

That's essentially what all games do though. You just "lazily" press them in order.

Metty 03-20-2012 02:17 AM

>Lunia 2.0
Except it looks like Rusty Hearts with a more open and detailed environment. And the name sounds like a horrible ebonics version of the word critical.

Kenzor 03-20-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 1694004)
That's essentially what all games do though. You just "lazily" press them in order.

Examples of command inputs:

Dragon Nest:
Press 123 etc kills to execute hotkey skills or
Jump + Left click.
Dash + left click.

There are others but I haven't played the game in ages.

Elsword:
Slash once: Z
Twice: ZZ
Thrice: ZZZ
or, perform a different combo branch with different inputs:
ZZZX
ZZXX
XXZ
Dash Z
Dash ZZ
Dash, Jump Z
etc.

Grand Chase:
ZZZ
up Z
forward Z
back Z
dash Z
Dash, back Z
etc.

Street Fighter:
Down+Forward attack

Now let's take Street Fighter as an example, if you want to perform Hadoken, you would simply press 1 instead of Down+Forward attack.
When games become so simple that you can perform 10 overexaggerated slashes and explode your screen by pressing 1, it becomes boring and dissatisfying.
There's also the case of being overcomplicated too but that's a different story.

WhatThePho 03-20-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzor (Post 1694261)
zzzzzzzz

sounds like a sorry ass excuse for improving your ego. oh look, I PLAY XXXXXX; I PLAY A BETTER GAME. :psyduck:

RoflKnife 03-20-2012 09:38 AM

There's no problem with doing crazy things with one button. You just seem to favour the games that make you do only one simple action with one press, or think they take more skill. Like I said, it's all in the spacing, timing, nuances, and such.

Dungeon Fighter Online is a great example. You have plenty of one button press skills that do amazing and flashy things! But the intermediate-advanced combos are very difficult. Why? Because of the things I mentioned.

Spacing is very, VERY important in DFO, you need to adjust your combo for pretty much every instance you get a hit.

Different classes fall faster or slower, so you you need to adjust your timing in air combos, or even do different combos.

Some classes have options to break out of being comboed or something, so you have to keep it in mind and predict when or where they'll use it.

Some classes can leave lingering projectiles and the like on the stage, so you need to adjust your combo yet again.

Just a few of the examples, but it's stuff like this that makes combos satisfying and difficult. The fact that you press buttons in order regardless of what they do to combo is irrelevant, that's not where the satisfaction or difficulty comes from. Every game will have you pressing buttons in order to combo!

Griever 03-20-2012 10:32 AM

The only way to fix action MMOs is to spread the attack keys/skill buttons around the keyboard/controller. I've come up with a system I think will satisfy everyone and provide variety in combos:

A: Right Punch
G: Right Kick
, : Parry
M: Left Kick
N: Rotate left arm
B: Left Punch
H: Hold hands parallel from torso
7: Gather Ki
]: Rotate left rotator cuff
NumLock: Bring arms towards torso
Space: Bend right knee

So a Kamehameh using this new revolutionary non-lazy system would be something like NHSpace7Space]NumLockNH

RoflKnife 03-20-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griever (Post 1694355)
The only way to fix action MMOs is to spread the attack keys/skill buttons around the keyboard/controller. I've come up with a system I think will satisfy everyone and provide variety in combos:

A: Right Punch
G: Right Kick
, : Parry
M: Left Kick
N: Rotate left arm
B: Left Punch
H: Hold hands parallel from torso
7: Gather Ki
]: Rotate left rotator cuff
NumLock: Bring arms towards torso
Space: Bend right knee

So a Kamehameh using this new revolutionary non-lazy system would be something like NHSpace7Space]NumLockNH

But that's called Toribash.