ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

8.7

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-12-2013   #61 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)
xLyra is on a distinguished road
Default

Are there any English guilds? It does get really depressing when you play alone D:
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-12-2013   #62 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,453
iTrader: (0)
Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Not that such superstition is real, but when you think about it in the marketing sense it's just another inevitability.
Rebirth = $$$

There's no denying that they made money off the rebirth books and materials when things started to get slow.
I'm hoping they would realize that rebirth books are part of the reason why things started to get slow in the first place.

Not every pay-to-win item helps sustain the life of a MMO. For example, Dungeon & Fighter in Korea had an event cash item called Kiri's Promise that protected your equipment from downgrading, breaking, or any other penalty when an upgrade fails, allowing people to overupgrade their equipment to ridiculous levels normally not possible even with RNG odds.
There is no doubt players took advantage of it and Nexon got their money, but it also lowered the game's popularity with many players quitting.
 
04-12-2013   #63 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)
xLyra is on a distinguished road
Default

Here's the Asuka doppelganger:

 
04-13-2013   #64 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)
xLyra is on a distinguished road
Default

I made a guild in 페루마고 called Sacrifice. My ign is SoulTear if you're interested.
 
04-13-2013   #65 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Light's Avatar
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CanadaLand
Posts: 6,419
Blog Entries: 4
iTrader: (0)
Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
I'm hoping they would realize that rebirth books are part of the reason why things started to get slow in the first place.

Not every pay-to-win item helps sustain the life of a MMO. For example, Dungeon & Fighter in Korea had an event cash item called Kiri's Promise that protected your equipment from downgrading, breaking, or any other penalty when an upgrade fails, allowing people to overupgrade their equipment to ridiculous levels normally not possible even with RNG odds.
There is no doubt players took advantage of it and Nexon got their money, but it also lowered the game's popularity with many players quitting.
Uh, what are you going on about? That's complete apples and oranges my friend.

Rebirth was never broken, mandatory for purchase, or the primary root of the problem.
The 1 month books were optional to speed up the process, it never broke the balance of the game being ahead a rebirth or two.
It appealed to those who like to be ahead in the game or lack patience but it was fine.

It's only because myth was the only thing worth doing that made the game suck so hard, once you came to realize you'll be rebirthing every month or two just to rinse and repeat, you'd quit of boredom.

The only reason why rebirth is part of the backlash is because it's entwined with myth and has no clear limit on how many rebirths you can perform.
Rebirth done right can expand the involvement in the game, but Allm did it all wrong.

Allm will have to realize that the way they handle rebirth is similar to drinking a cup of poisoned tea every so often, it's a slow and painful death.
However it's Myth that was the cyanide pill for their game, and I ate that pill when it seemed they didn't care about anything else.
__________________

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!
 
04-16-2013   #66 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,453
iTrader: (0)
Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Uh, what are you going on about? That's complete apples and oranges my friend.

Rebirth was never broken, mandatory for purchase, or the primary root of the problem.
The 1 month books were optional to speed up the process, it never broke the balance of the game being ahead a rebirth or two.
It appealed to those who like to be ahead in the game or lack patience but it was fine.
And what about newer players who join the game later on, or decide to take a break? With no limit on the number of rebirths you can do, the SP and stat gap between older players and newer players can never be closed.

A successful MMO is not designed around only the veterans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
It's only because myth was the only thing worth doing that made the game suck so hard, once you came to realize you'll be rebirthing every month or two just to rinse and repeat, you'd quit of boredom.

The only reason why rebirth is part of the backlash is because it's entwined with myth and has no clear limit on how many rebirths you can perform.
Rebirth done right can expand the involvement in the game, but Allm did it all wrong.

Allm will have to realize that the way they handle rebirth is similar to drinking a cup of poisoned tea every so often, it's a slow and painful death.
However it's Myth that was the cyanide pill for their game, and I ate that pill when it seemed they didn't care about anything else.
What are you going on about then? Because this definitely does not look like you're disagreeing with me. All I said was that both rebirth and myth broke the game.

All you seem to be stating is that myth is even more broken than rebirth. However, that does not change the fact that both mechanics implemented by AllM still broke the game.
 
04-16-2013   #67 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Light's Avatar
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CanadaLand
Posts: 6,419
Blog Entries: 4
iTrader: (0)
Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
What are you going on about then? Because this definitely does not look like you're disagreeing with me. All I said was that both rebirth and myth broke the game.

All you seem to be stating is that myth is even more broken than rebirth. However, that does not change the fact that both mechanics implemented by AllM still broke the game.
You wrote about a temporary event only item that caused a massive power gap between cash only players and those who don't, and that opportunity is lost when the event ends.

However as I was saying, the rebirth books are not pay to win for giving people that 1 month edge for a few skill points and +2 stats.

That is why it's apples and oranges with what you were going on about.

After that I expanded on how rebirth itself wasn't the real problem and it was primarily myth that slaughtered the game.
There's no excusing that rebirth can help the game, because it did make you go back to the old content and relive the fun of being the newbie with some added perks, the only problem was that had no visible limit which is why it was it tedious busywork, but it's not broken.
__________________

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!
 

Bookmarks

Tags
allm, hangame, kritika, tencent, wind blade

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Pockie Ninja
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Pockie Ninja

Rating:  

8.3
Hide this banner by registering for our community.