Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-20-2012   #21 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever
The only way to fix action MMOs is to spread the attack keys/skill buttons around the keyboard/controller. I've come up with a system I think will satisfy everyone and provide variety in combos:

A: Right Punch
G: Right Kick
, : Parry
M: Left Kick
N: Rotate left arm
B: Left Punch
H: Hold hands parallel from torso
7: Gather Ki
]: Rotate left rotator cuff
NumLock: Bring arms towards torso
Space: Bend right knee

So a Kamehameh using this new revolutionary non-lazy system would be something like NHSpace7Space]NumLockNH
Yeah, while we are at it, why don't we just throw in QWOP into the mix when we try to move at all.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-20-2012   #22 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho
sounds like a sorry ass excuse for improving your ego. oh look, I PLAY XXXXXX; I PLAY A BETTER GAME.
Not sure how 'playing a better game' influences my own ego but ok.
Though the thing is I don't play any of the above games I named any more, nice trolling.

@RoflKnight, never played DFO so I won't comment.

Anyway what I'm trying to get at is this:

Obviously I haven't played Kritika, but if games get too simplistic yet overly flashy you get things like Cabal Online, where you press the 1 key, spend 10 seconds staring at your character do awesome flashy slashes, then you press the 2 key, more awesome flashy slashes, 3, 4, 5 etc.

It's just makes the game effortless and dull.

03-20-2012   #23 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

That's a pseudo-combo system/action game. It's just usual tab targeting fare. They just slapped on a "combo system" for using your skills normally.

03-20-2012   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
But that's called Toribash.

I was actually inspired by QWOP

03-27-2012   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of

Updated video with 3rd character/new gameplay footage.

Combo system is pretty much how I imagined it would be.

05-06-2012   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Grand ChaseLa TaleTrickster OnlineMapleStory

Hykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hykari Send a message via AIM to Hykari Send a message via Yahoo to Hykari Send a message via Skype™ to Hykari
IGN: NeoConcept
Class: Elite to_dragon
Level: 113
Guild: Reignbow
Default Kritika

Spoiler!

Official Korean Website: Insert title here
Official Chinese Website [currently down]: jf.qq.com (alternative article: 腾讯游戏签约Kritika公布中文名“疾风之刃”_游戏_腾 锻)
Background Info: Kritika -- chinagame.178.com

Found this while searching around. Seems it's aiming for the same demographic of the likes which frequent Elsword.

06-10-2012   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Tried signing up for Hangame, but pretty sure you need KSSN and I don't remember the KSSN I stole from some random Korean online.

10-09-2012   #28 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

New Trailer~

10-12-2012   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
There's no problem with doing crazy things with one button. You just seem to favour the games that make you do only one simple action with one press, or think they take more skill. Like I said, it's all in the spacing, timing, nuances, and such.

Dungeon Fighter Online is a great example. You have plenty of one button press skills that do amazing and flashy things! But the intermediate-advanced combos are very difficult. Why? Because of the things I mentioned.

Spacing is very, VERY important in DFO, you need to adjust your combo for pretty much every instance you get a hit.

Different classes fall faster or slower, so you you need to adjust your timing in air combos, or even do different combos.

Some classes have options to break out of being comboed or something, so you have to keep it in mind and predict when or where they'll use it.

Some classes can leave lingering projectiles and the like on the stage, so you need to adjust your combo yet again.

Just a few of the examples, but it's stuff like this that makes combos satisfying and difficult. The fact that you press buttons in order regardless of what they do to combo is irrelevant, that's not where the satisfaction or difficulty comes from. Every game will have you pressing buttons in order to combo!
I wouldn't DFO as an example of a good, satisfying PvP system considering many classes have skills with gigantic hitboxes, auto targeting, or summons that will zone for you with no effort. Even with Fair Arena scaling HP, gear, and damage more fairly, there are some classes that can approach, zone, and deal damage with little effort to where other classes have little to no answer.

I would consider Lunia in its early years to have more satisfying and execution heavy than DFO ever could. Sieg's Whirling Sword - Sidestep cancel and shifting along with Dainn's autostepping took quite a bit of execution.
However, the problem with current Lunia and DFO's combat systems is that both eventually became guilty of resets that bypass whatever anti-infinite system mechanic they used to have and therefore have classes become able to do combos that can kill from full or nearly full HP.
Touting the need to be conscious of the opponent's height and falling speed because of the game's increasing falling speed for longer combos becomes irrelevant when multiple classes can just reset with status effects like Stun or Freeze (with Fire damage or weapons to break the freeze).
With Lunia you have a similar problem. With the ability to skill cancel after a Space/Down Attack, every class short of Dacy and Lime can relaunch enemies ad infinitium and perform killing infinites.

Right now, considering this is from the makers of Lunia, I'm less worried about whether skills have reasonably sized hitboxes for a good spacing game and more about whether they have designed the appropriate game mechanics to prevent infinites from happening.

10-14-2012   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
I wouldn't DFO as an example of a good, satisfying PvP system considering many classes have skills with gigantic hitboxes, auto targeting, or summons that will zone for you with no effort. Even with Fair Arena scaling HP, gear, and damage more fairly, there are some classes that can approach, zone, and deal damage with little effort to where other classes have little to no answer.

I would consider Lunia in its early years to have more satisfying and execution heavy than DFO ever could. Sieg's Whirling Sword - Sidestep cancel and shifting along with Dainn's autostepping took quite a bit of execution.
However, the problem with current Lunia and DFO's combat systems is that both eventually became guilty of resets that bypass whatever anti-infinite system mechanic they used to have and therefore have classes become able to do combos that can kill from full or nearly full HP.
Touting the need to be conscious of the opponent's height and falling speed because of the game's increasing falling speed for longer combos becomes irrelevant when multiple classes can just reset with status effects like Stun or Freeze (with Fire damage or weapons to break the freeze).
With Lunia you have a similar problem. With the ability to skill cancel after a Space/Down Attack, every class short of Dacy and Lime can relaunch enemies ad infinitium and perform killing infinites.

Right now, considering this is from the makers of Lunia, I'm less worried about whether skills have reasonably sized hitboxes for a good spacing game and more about whether they have designed the appropriate game mechanics to prevent infinites from happening.
I'm an optimistic masochist, so I'm probably wrongly assuming ALLM will have learned from their mistakes in Lunia.

10-22-2012   #31 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

10-22-2012   #32 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

is there any real point in making a video of this games character creation? xD
but too bad its only in beta for korea =( i want to play it

12-09-2012   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

It's entered CBT 2 and it's being picked up by Korean, Japanese and Chinese publishers. No word of US release lol.

12-09-2012   #34 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

inb4 2015 release.

12-09-2012   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Dumb class names. Burst Breaker.

Lunia Cobolts.

12-09-2012   #36 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Oh. They actually added a mage?! I thought we were going to be stuck with the guy and girl like when Vindictus first opened

12-10-2012   #37 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

cat acrobats.....what a stupid name xD

i saw a video with all of the classes a while ago, all of the mage classes seem fun to me and cat acrobats does as well, if only would release in US =(

12-10-2012   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gunner-Mage, huh? Looks interesting at the very least, even if there's no telling how long it'll be worth playing.

12-12-2012   #39 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Dumb names but the mage has such fancy artwork.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-17-2012   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Some low level Rogue gameplay:

and some high level Shadow Mage (+Demon Blade party member) gameplay:

from Steparu's channel.