Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-23-2012   #1 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tribes: Ascend

So, recently rather hyped game is Tribes: Ascend. Free to play. FPS. Jet packs. Skiing. Super fast flag capturing. Snipers, rocket launchers, technicians, fat guys.

Very fast paced. If you're not going fast, you're doing it wrong.

Sign-up for a free account here:
https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/

It just got out of closed beta.

(SUCKY) Trailer:

Gameplay Trailer:

WTF IS TRIBES???

Shazbot.
Shazbot.
Shazbot.

Dinky IGN list:
buta :: buta
VonTrappFamily :: iFarted
mikecxz :: Sidt
RoflKnife :: LOLBRIEFCASE
WhatThePho :: WhatThePho

Last edited by buta; 03-20-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-23-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

looks great, installing it now.

edit: wow the open beta patch is HUGE.

edit2: also, patcher is acting really weird, if i bring it up in front of anything everything except the download bar disappears. hope they fix that.

Last edited by mikecxz; 02-23-2012 at 06:26 AM.

02-23-2012   #3 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

GOTTA GO FAST!

Pretty fun, but definitely one of the harder games/FPSs to play, very high skill ceiling.

Get those filthy sandrakers off your planet.

02-23-2012   #4 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

VGTG
VGS

VGRD

Oh, and buta's ign is buta and my ign is vontrappfamily if anybody wants to play with us.

We are bad though :|

Last edited by iFarted; 02-23-2012 at 10:32 AM.

02-23-2012   #5 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

LLAMA GRABS. LLAMA GRABS EVERYWHERE.

Basically, if you aren't going 200km/h or whatever speed measurement they use, don't grab enemy flag. You can instead be like iFarted and ski around and practice getting faster.

If you can rocket jump in TF2, you're pretty good for speeding up.

02-23-2012   #6 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Oh, I don't know about that.

GOTTA.
GO.
EVEN.
FASTER!

02-23-2012   #7 (permalink)
and more came out
Games

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of

I think the one exception for llama grabs are e-grabs [Grabbing enemy flag before enemy flag carrier caps your flag]

But I like to llama grab anyways. VGTG

02-23-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Pervert Award

items so expensive. they should considering lowering the price a bit.

pathfinder so fun, but trying to hit with them primary weapons is astoundingly hard. anyone have some tips?

IGN is Sidt by the way.

Last edited by mikecxz; 02-25-2012 at 10:53 AM.

02-23-2012   #9 (permalink)
and more came out
Games

Unless you are pro, don't aim at the body, but instead try to lead your shot. Try to predict where the enemy is going to land and shoot at that spot when they touch the ground.

Also, projectiles get inheritance. So the faster you are traveling, the more speed your projectile will have.

02-23-2012   #10 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Secondary weapons and stuff are expensive. Which is kind of understandable considering upgrades are pretty cheap. A few games can net you an upgrade pretty easily, especially with first win of the day. The classes are all pretty cheap in comparison. So it's probably more towards pushing you to try out all the classes before you specialize in one.

But yeah, Pathfinder is pretty fun. Sniping with the Sentinal definitely needs the second primary weapon. Requiring a chargeup time for the first one makes it not as good IMO.

Also, I hate all heavy classes. >_>

02-23-2012   #11 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Add me.

WhatThePho.

02-24-2012   #12 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

I think all heavy classes tick me off.

Good thing most people gotta go fast and pick Pathfinder.

Including me. >_>

02-24-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
I think all heavy classes tick me off.

Good thing most people gotta go fast and pick Pathfinder.

Including me. >_>
I know how you feel, i always end up having to go for the generator because the enemy base turrets start to hurt bad, and there is ALWAYS one or two guarding it, and they take forever to kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarted
Unless you are pro, don't aim at the body, but instead try to lead your shot. Try to predict where the enemy is going to land and shoot at that spot when they touch the ground.

Also, projectiles get inheritance. So the faster you are traveling, the more speed your projectile will have.
Hmm, i didn't know that. i thought they went the same spend regardless if you were standing still or going 200. Well then, i guess.... Gotta go fast?

02-24-2012   #14 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecxz
I know how you feel, i always end up having to go for the generator because the enemy base turrets start to hurt bad, and there is ALWAYS one or two guarding it, and they take forever to kill.

Hmm, i didn't know that. i thought they went the same spend regardless if you were standing still or going 200. Well then, i guess.... Gotta go fast?
Well, not necessarily go full speed. But you would need to know how quickly your shot will travel to the location you pre-fired.

02-24-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Pervert Award

anyone else think Sentinels are great? I was able to keep an entire team from capping a single time. Or maybe it was just because they weren't very smart and never noticed me on top of the tower....but that's besides the point.

Heavys still take forever to die though . Pathfinders usually die in a single shot though

02-25-2012   #16 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Wait, I never one hit Pathfinders, watafreak is this. I gave up on Sentinel cause it felt so weak. X_x

02-25-2012   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Wait, I never one hit Pathfinders, watafreak is this. I gave up on Sentinel cause it felt so weak. X_x
If you were aiming at people with full health, you were doing it wrong. the only one you should EVER consider doing that against is someone with the flag. or an enemy that's pole blocking

a fully charged rifle shot does 500 damage, which is more then enough to kill injured pathfinders.

edit: also, it's probably the best hitscan in the game, considering its MASSIVE range.

edit: one more thing, most people don't know about it but there's actually a second level of zoom which really helps for people far away. hold your zoom button and use the mouse roller to go in and out of it.

Last edited by mikecxz; 02-25-2012 at 05:07 AM.

02-25-2012   #18 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Is there a way to strafe during skiing in this game at all? I see most people just dodge my Juggernaut's wep1 by flying upwards, but it seems like a massive waste of energy and it's asking for getting SMG'ed.

02-25-2012   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho
Is there a way to strafe during skiing in this game at all? I see most people just dodge my Juggernaut's wep1 by flying upwards, but it seems like a massive waste of energy and it's asking for getting SMG'ed.
The pathfinder grenade and spinfuser variants can be shot at your feet to propel you in whatever direction. that's about it thought, considering how skiing works.

02-25-2012   #20 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecxz
The pathfinder grenade and spinfuser variants can be shot at your feet to propel you in whatever direction. that's about it thought, considering how skiing works.
Seems like an awful waste of a shot in a 1v1 duel.