ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   "The Last of Us" revealed. (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/105985-last-us-revealed.html)

Jon 12-11-2011 02:57 AM

"The Last of Us" revealed.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/834h472kmfs8/

Quote:

There's been a ton of speculation in the video gaming community over the past week about a couple of videos that were released and also housed on the LastofUs.com website. We're very excited to confirm that The Last of Us is developed by Naughty Dog Inc, the creators behind the UNCHARTED, Jak and Daxter, and Crash Bandicoot series.

Neil Druckmann, Creative Director, and Bruce Straley, Game Director, gave us all a very, very brief snippet on what to expect in The Last of Us:
The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

All of us at Naughty Dog are very much looking forward to sharing much more with you in the coming months.

I love Naughty Dog, and this is a game I'll eventually end up buying. Thoughts?

Mums 12-11-2011 05:06 AM

This looks quite interesting, too bad that it's PS3 exclusive.

Blizt 12-11-2011 03:06 PM

This seems interesting...

But damn, I wonder if I'd have the gut to play it, I always can't stand the horror or such scary monster thing whether they're in a game or movie >_<
(I dropped Uncharted 1 for a month when I only "read" that there were gonna be zombie appearing later on, before I even played to that chapter Orz)

Anyway, I like how Naughty Dog is making a game with another pair of duo, also happens to be a young and an elder =]

Jon 12-12-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mums (Post 1652772)
This looks quite interesting, too bad that it's PS3 exclusive.

Yeah, it is pretty unfortunate for people who don't have a PS3 or hate the PS3. Thank God for Long Plays/Let's Plays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BliztForever (Post 1652968)
This seems interesting...

But damn, I wonder if I'd have the gut to play it, I always can't stand the horror or such scary monster thing whether they're in a game or movie >_<

(I dropped Uncharted 1 for a month when I only "read" that there were gonna be zombie appearing later on, before I even played to that chapter Orz)

Anyway, I like how Naughty Dog is making a game with another pair of duo, also happens to be a young and an elder =]

Yeah, it seems like to be a game that of Silent Hill; the atmosphere will probably be haunting as well as some really creepy ambient tracks. If you do end up getting it, I hope you'll be able to enjoy it without being too nervous (but maybe that is half the fun :py04:).

Paul 06-05-2012 07:24 PM

I think we should just make a E3 thread but since I'd rather not post every single thing I see...

Blizt 06-05-2012 08:47 PM

Man...in youtube's description it said "Joel, a ruthless survivor", they totally aren't joking...

I mean, bloody hell, the atmosphere in this game is totally different than Uncharted, even though they both got monster-thingy in them.

Somehow I felt that Joel's way of "dealing with stuff" seems more scary than zombie or whatever monster out there.

Mega 12-08-2012 11:12 AM

The Last of Us Release Date - IGN

I know what I'm asking for, for my birthday~ :)

Jon 12-09-2012 11:12 AM

Heck yeah, really looking forward to it!

Mega 12-09-2012 08:51 PM

Pre order bonus revealed! (And a multiplayer mode?!)

The Last of Us On PS3 May 7th, 2013: Pre-order Bonuses, New Trailer Revealed – PlayStation Blog

Jon 12-10-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega (Post 1789603)

I'm curious Mega, do you play Uncharted 3's multiplayer? I love the multiplayer there, but I'm hoping if they include a competitive multiplayer mode in TLOU, that it is a little different from U3 (I'm assuming it will).

Mega 12-10-2012 10:30 PM

No, I've only played some of the first one. Though once I get some money I'll probably get 2 & 3 ~

Mega 02-13-2013 11:49 AM

Ughhhh noooooo :(

The Last of Us is Coming in June – PlayStation Blog

Mega 04-02-2013 12:54 AM

Newest trailer:

Jon 04-02-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega (Post 1811687)
Newest trailer:

Awesome trailer, man. Thanks for sharing!

Pshfrk 04-03-2013 12:37 PM

Almost there ! So many nice games being ( finally ) released ~

Paul 06-06-2013 10:38 AM

Oh man, look at these reviews. So many perfects.

Mega 06-06-2013 04:14 PM

Watched Smosh Games review it and the only bad thing they said about it was the random invisible walls. Other than that it looks perfect :)

Jon 06-09-2013 12:39 PM

So excite.

Mega 06-23-2013 07:07 PM

http://kotaku.com/famous-actor-sound...ium=Socialflow

=/ What a .....

Quote:

There's no getting around it. Even after a slight redesign, anyone who plays The Last Of Us will know that the character of Ellie has a lot in common with the actor Ellen Page, from her appearance to her voice.

It's not her, of course. Page had no involvement in The Last Of Us whatsoever. The character of Ellie was played by Ashley Johnson.

You'd think the resemblance would be cause for flattery, but weirdly, during an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit, Page seems the opposite of flattered when the likeness is pointed out by a user.

"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness", she says, "but I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."

Page is the face and star of Quantic Dream's Beyond Two Souls, and yeah, it is a little weird there are two PS3 games coming in the same year that both star a girl who many will think is the same person.

Not sure whether that's grounds to get so huffy about it though!

Genji 06-23-2013 07:53 PM

I played through it with a friend and meh...
It's more of a poor cover shooter with a competent story.

The ending can go screw itself, though.
It damn near made me break the controller!