Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-06-2011   #1 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Final Fantasy VII (Fan) Remake

This would be pretty awesome if they did finish it

Of course square enix should be getting to it by now after doing the first few back on the DS

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-06-2011   #2 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

squeenix shot down the chrono trigger fan remake. They'll shoot this one too.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-06-2011   #3 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I hope Square shoots it down, this is just awful.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

12-06-2011   #4 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... this is, like... WHY THE HECK IS TIFA THERE? WHERE'S THE AERIS BEGINNING? WHY WASN'T THE TRAIN MOVING? etc.etc. My OCD side is cringing at the little details. :x

I guess they haven't figured out how to use third person view as well. The FPS seemed not so good either.

12-06-2011   #5 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Well this is impressive I guess...at first glance at least.
The graphic are not bad, but the movement and the character models are awfully weird...

But this is probably going to get shot down for sure, SE may not be planning for a remake yet for now, but there's no way they'd give this chance to other, they still need it in the future to milk us :3

12-06-2011   #6 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Yeah... this is, like... WHY THE HECK IS TIFA THERE? WHERE'S THE AERIS BEGINNING? WHY WASN'T THE TRAIN MOVING? etc.etc. My OCD side is cringing at the little details. :x
Indeed, but the thing that got me most was how Sephiroth was on a wanted sign when he's considered long dead at that point in the game and wasn't considered any form of criminal in the time he was alive.

This is most likely a technical show meant to showcase how these guys have progressed with the software over the years and in no way is meant to be taken seriously as an actual remake.

Last edited by Light; 12-06-2011 at 01:48 PM.

12-06-2011   #7 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

This is from a Final Fantasy Things (a Tumblr blog) and along with another post that I couldn't find, basically explains why there will probably never be a FFVII.2 (or any Pre-X game for that matter). The other one was a quote from developers but I can't find it. So derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Fantasy Things
ANONYMOUS: WHY DOESN'T FF8 HAVE A REMAKE YET?

Fully remaking anything before X, especially to XIII or XIII-2’s caliber, would be a tremendous undertaking. In X’s case, it’s easy because everything is already fully rendered in three dimensions.
For something like VIII, you’re talking about fully rendering all the prerendered backdrops, reanimating all the FMV scenes, recreating the character models main and NPC from scratch including motion capture and voice acting, orchestrating the entire soundtrack, and reprogramming parts of the game that include branching points for all the party combination and dialogue possibilities. VII through IX especially have so much more content in terms of gameplay compared to XIII, and developing that alone took five years. Versus is already taking six years and counting. If Square announced an HD remake for a pre-X game today, we wouldn’t see it for another console generation at least.
While technically it’s not impossible, financially and practically, it just isn’t feasible.

12-06-2011   #8 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

FF8 sucked anyway.

I'd not want to see any remake of any game I love simply because it may be the same game with a more updated look, but it won't ever have the same charm as the game it's remade from.

12-06-2011   #9 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Fully remaking anything before X, especially to XIII or XIII-2’s caliber, would be a tremendous undertaking. In X’s case, it’s easy because everything is already fully rendered in three dimensions.
For something like VIII, you’re talking about fully rendering all the prerendered backdrops, reanimating all the FMV scenes, recreating the character models main and NPC from scratch including motion capture and voice acting, orchestrating the entire soundtrack, and reprogramming parts of the game that include branching points for all the party combination and dialogue possibilities. VII through IX especially have so much more content in terms of gameplay compared to XIII, and developing that alone took five years. Versus is already taking six years and counting. If Square announced an HD remake for a pre-X game today, we wouldn’t see it for another console generation at least.
While technically it’s not impossible, financially and practically, it just isn’t feasible.
They make it out to be a much more arduous task than it is, unless they want a complete total rehaul that would result in a game that is only a shadow of the original. The game concepts are there, the concept art is there, the models and everything representing how the game looks is there. The only part to remake is to redo the graphics, rewrite the code for current gen hardware and software, orchestrate the soundtrack (Actually, don't they already have orchestrated versions..?), and possibly add some extra content. Voice acting is a possibility, and it's not like they can't do it alongside development of everything else.

Doing an almost completely aesthetic remake of a game can't be compared to making a game from scratch, at all.

Quote:
reprogramming parts of the game that include branching points for all the party combination and dialogue possibilities
And that, what? Are we talking about the same game here?

I'd give it 1-3 years.

12-06-2011   #10 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

No voice acting shaves most of the time down; reading isn't that tedious and remains true to the charm of the original dialogue scenes.

By the way, a lot of the model work is already done. That stupid Advant movie contained all of the main party, the Turks, as well as generic people to roam the roads.
They reused them to make the tech demo.

The only real time consuming work would be recreating a few minor characters, animating everything and redeveloping all of the environments.

Last edited by Light; 12-06-2011 at 06:36 PM.

12-06-2011   #11 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

No Light, Advent children never existed and is merely a horrible fabrication of all our imaginations.

I don't know how I would react to a FF7 remake any ways if it did happen.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 12-06-2011 at 06:46 PM.

12-06-2011   #12 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
squeenix shot down the chrono trigger fan remake. They'll shoot this one too.
And CT Resurrection was good. Unnecessary, but good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
charm
But VII was ugly. There was literally no excuse for how god awful it looked. There were other PS1 games at the time that looked tons better, and VII was rushed out so they could get it to the PS1 in fast enough time.

You know things are bad when you take a graphical step backwards for no real reason other than "Look! Shiny new tech that we're not quite sure how to use." VI was ****ing gorgeous, VII was a damn eyesore.

12-06-2011   #13 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
But VII was ugly. There was literally no excuse for how god awful it looked. There were other PS1 games at the time that looked tons better, and VII was rushed out so they could get it to the PS1 in fast enough time.
This. No matter how much I loved playing FF7, I must admit it was, frankly, ugly.

12-06-2011   #14 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

It is the reason people want a remake so badly. I've never really heard much in the way of people wanting remakes of VIII or IX, but VII....*shudder*

and the remake of IV was pretty bad too. Why the hell did they have to make it 3d based when the sprites were perfectly fine?

12-06-2011   #15 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

My attention is more on the environment than the character sprites which are pretty bad; though after playing long enough it becomes less noticeable as you get used to it... until it's zoomed in vastly.

But I wasn't talking about the graphics when I said charm, I was referring directly towards the text boxes instead of listening to potential bad dubs. Text boxes are the staple for old games and that should be preserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
No Light, Advent children never existed and is merely a horrible fabrication of all our imaginations.
During a school day we had planned to just have fun, one student suggested watching Advant for the film to be watched... Yeah I shit you not. I yelled out NO so loud my throat hurt.

Last edited by Light; 12-06-2011 at 07:58 PM.

12-06-2011   #16 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
During a school day we had planned to just have fun, one student suggested watching Advant for the film to be watched... Yeah I shit you not. I yelled out NO so loud my throat hurt.
I would have paid to see that.

And as far as bad voiceovers go, I know it's a different series but I hear that the Zelda developers have no plans to ever include full voice work in the games.

But I've had too many run ins with bad dubbing (this includes the original languages too) to really enjoy it that much. After all, they can't all be Atlus level.

12-06-2011   #17 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

what the hell is up with the rainbow colored title

12-06-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
FF8 sucked anyway.

I'd not want to see any remake of any game I love simply because it may be the same game with a more updated look, but it won't ever have the same charm as the game it's remade from.

12-06-2011   #19 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

The only thing ugly about 7 was the character models outside of battle. Block people, my god. Everything else looked great.

12-07-2011   #20 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

What is wrong with FFVII? Well.. I'm not a total fanatic or anything (I still have my random Vincent keychain w/ me on my keys. Oh and AC is nice in 3D graphics...).. So yea. Also.. Not bad for a performance and a a lot of 3D work with a limit number of dedicated workers. (I took a beginner's 3D class before... And I can't deal with the numbers and functions...) So I gave props for that.

But it's kind of an eyesore that there are bits that are still incomplete (rough model animations, 1st-person function, the effects are very little..).. And I think they can't do a whole story like the actual game yet. (Especially the Aerith opening.)

Oh and I like those PS1 games, uryuu... Especially IX. :<