ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Gaia Online

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-10-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Ragnarok OnlineIris OnlineTrickster OnlineFlyFF

HopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Hope~Sama
Class: Sheep to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx
Guild: Mweeternia
Default Most Beloved Item

Everyone has one of these, whether or not it was something they quested for, just liked it, a gift from someone, or whatever reason. It could be a rare item or even a common whatever it is doesnt matter at all, since the reason for it being your favorite isnt because of its value right? At least not its cost value i hope @.@;

I always like to find out the origins of why people like certain items of theirs so much, on gaia theres alot to choose from too ^^
So, out of your inventories which of the items in there surpass them all? Which is your most beloved item?

For me i would have to say its the Angelic Minis, for a few reasons.
I always wanted that item since it was the month i joined and i wanted it as a memory of when i joined.
It was cute and the first wing like donation item that had came out at the time.
I was questing it but it always seemed so out of my reach, like when i quested the sash i believe i bought it for 20k but at the time it seemed still hard.
Lastly the best reason of all, my best friend let me borrow the item long ago and after time went by i think it was evident he didnt mean it for borrow but infact he Gave them to me. I'll never forget that really, during the time when i was questing them i asked if i could try them on he said it looked nice on me so he let me keep them. Orignally i thought it was just borrowing but the past times he came around he would always ask if i was taking care of them. ^^ My quest for that cute little item was shortened and even though i never fully was able to obtain it on my own, i am still grateful that happened since if he didnt i probably would never have had that item to begin with.

Anyways, what are your stories? ^^

Psst Rydia, joo luff your chickies right? >>

<3 thank you rydia for the cute chibi emote xD ~

/l、
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ`
  じしf_,)ノ

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-11-2008   #2 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rydia Send a message via MSN to Rydia
IGN: *Rydia*
Class: Cat. I'm a kitty cat. And I meow meow meow and I meow meow meow. to_cat
Level: DEAD
Guild: Révolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeSama

Psst Rydia, joo luff your chickies right? >>
YES MY BABIES! ;O;

I quested for like...half a year? And I didn't wear shoes the whole time as a stupid gimmick lol. Made a lot of friends and got nice donations. Good times. ._.

But I love my minis set too, I wear them more...they go with everything! SO CUTE. AND MINI.

Last edited by Rydia; 07-11-2008 at 01:31 AM.

07-11-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlineEther Saga OdysseyLa TaleFlyFF

LUNAtik is on a distinguished road
IGN: Oyomesan
Class: Charm to_model
Level: 250
Guild: Virtue

My most beloved item is the Devil Tail. It holds most memories to me, aswell.
When I joined and discovered all about the available items, the Devil Tail was a must-have for me. However, being new, the near 50k that it was worth was rather a challenge to make.
Later on, I had a friend to help me, even though he didn't have a lot of gold either. I reached 48k, and luckily found a seller willing to part with it for that much. ^^

07-11-2008   #4 (permalink)
Dusty Corner Lurker
Special

Raja has a spectacular aura aboutRaja has a spectacular aura about

Dee Jays.

I love my headphones. Worth doesn't matter so much as the fact I enjoy wearing them. I generally like how they look and work outfits around them more often than not. I do believe that part of the reason I enjoy them so is my general love for music to begin with. I couldn't imagine going through my days without my usual string of songs playing in the background. I'll admit I don't have an epic quest stories, hard work, or anything like that to back it. I'm older than gambino so how I got things can most be said as 'bought it that month.'

I think the only real thing I dislike about my DJ's is the annoying attention they can draw. Pixels shouldn't get that sort of attention.

07-11-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Ragnarok OnlineIris OnlineTrickster OnlineFlyFF

HopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to beholdHopeSama is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Hope~Sama
Class: Sheep to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx
Guild: Mweeternia

yeah i understand that, most of the older items draw way too much attention, especially that angelic halo and most of the 03 items, but its nice to hear the stories behind why people wear the items they do ^^ we all grow attached to something just a little.

Yeah Rydia i remember lol, i was surprised when i saw you with the chickies and pretty much all your outfits look nice in them. I actually regret not questing for bunnies but right now its like Waaayyy too hard to even try since the price for the damn things went up to impossible reaches for me >>; just like the red rose corsage. And yes the minis <3

thats nice you and a friend worked together to get it Luna, im sure the end result of being able to obtain it was nice ^^

lol its all good Raja, even if you dont have a big epic story doesnt mean you cant like something just because you like it xD

<3 thank you rydia for the cute chibi emote xD ~

/l、
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ`
  じしf_,)ノ

07-11-2008   #6 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeSama
yeah

Yeah Rydia i remember lol, i was surprised when i saw you with the chickies and pretty much all your outfits look nice in them. I actually regret not questing for bunnies but right now its like Waaayyy too hard to even try since the price for the damn things went up to impossible reaches for me >>; just like the red rose corsage. And yes the minis <3

Ahaha I hear you. I had a Grizzly hat quest in early 04, I forget why I didn't stick with it... but I really should have. If only we knew what we know now. ._.;

And yeah, its weird when people like you just because of the items you have. It makes it hard for you to know who's genuinely interested in your friendship and who is just hoping for a free item. In my experiences most turn out to be the latter... -_-

07-11-2008   #7 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I pretty much am fond of all my Vash the Stampede cosplay stuff. :O

If only Gaia would add a silver revolver item, I'd be set.

07-11-2008   #8 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarbage

If only Gaia would add a silver revolver item, I'd be set.
There is one at Prize and Joy? x_x;

07-12-2008   #9 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

T_T

I need to pay more attention.

07-13-2008   #10 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

My sister has like nothing really good from before '06, even though she was with it from the start.

I had a look, got it, got bored, quit, gave my account to my sister.

07-13-2008   #11 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

It's really alot more than just forums though... The fishing system is a huge part of the game now, and they're coming out with a battle arena... :O

07-23-2008   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand Chase

Rippedshadow is on a distinguished road
IGN: Rippedshadow/Colm(134)
Class: I play too many games to name them all. to_raccoon
Level: 0/1-4X

Erm, first MC was a flame sword. You'd rarely see me (If you've ever seen me) without it on. I got it for 12k when I first started, and it was my first quested item.

08-20-2008   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Anasurae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Anasurae
IGN: Anasurae
Class: Hot Babe to_schoolgirl

My Kiki.

It was a gift from a very special friend.

08-20-2008   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLa Tale

Aspio is on a distinguished road

My Fire and Ice Gauntlets.

I worked damn hard to get them. (though I don't really equip them often )

09-07-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
League of LegendsTrickster Online

MireilleNu is on a distinguished road

I have a few...

My Kitty ears- My first quested item. Everyone told me it would take a few weeks, but with a little bit of luck on my first day (like a NM headband I sold to Ian... ::faceplant:: . _.;; ) I got them, doll ears, snowboard pants, a complex jacket, and some shoes all within 3 days of joining.

OMG Hat- Got another NM headband in a box like... 2 weeks later. I sold it for 25, the highest one had sold for at the time to nab me an OMG at 30k.

Angelic Sash- I wasn't as luck with this one. It started out as a Fairy wings quest, but then I decided to go for a sash before they inflated. At the begining of my quest they where selling for 150-200k. At the END of my quest, they where 3 mill. I had tons of help from my friends, but I'm happy I didn't know how long it would actually take to finish.

Fairy Wings- As I mentioned in the sash section, I was originally questing for fairy wings. Well as a Christmas surprise, my boyfriend bought me a pair of wings by fishing his little heart out for like a month. ; _ ; He's never been very good at getting gold, so I was extremely proud of him.

09-13-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road

I'd probably say...Golden Laurels.

Perfect golden item for your head.

I'm fond of black/gold looks, but theres not many good golden items, and its hard to work them in with black clothing and other such stuff.

Coming up with a good avatar is hard.

I'm also fond of expensive items.

Penguin slippers, Ninja Headband, nitemare scarf, anything expensive that I've once had.

I remember getting a NiteMare Scarf when they were like, 15k or something.

Someone gave me nitemare headband for free too, when they were like 20k.

Then I got hacked.

.: tektek.org > Calculate Your Worth :.

Quote:
I am worth: 13,236,198 Gold
Estimated with known marketplace values on 14 September 2008
(Including current gold amount of 229,053)
Quote:
Angelic Pendant 2,660,810
Golden Laurels 2,096,000
Steel-plated Ninja Band 1,734,572
Fuzzy Penguin Slippers 1,068,000
Winged Anklets 1,059,722
KiKi Kitty Plushie 547,064
Ancient Katana 364,255
Angelic Bracelet 274,832
CoCo Kitty Plushie 245,859
Chyaku Norisu Scarf 236,854
Goti Clips 222,553
Guitar of Angellus 203,468
OMFG 202,944
Guitar of Demona 200,460
Pandy Pack 100,186
Everything else is under 100,000 that I have.

So, being that expensive, I would have to say those are my most beloved items. 8D

12-10-2008   #17 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

I know it's cheap, but i love my Lunar Scythe

It fits in with most of my outfits, and is my RP char's weapon of choice
you never see me without it unless Abyssal is going casual

12-10-2008   #18 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAbyssal
I know it's cheap, but i love my Lunar Scythe

It fits in with most of my outfits, and is my RP char's weapon of choice
you never see me without it unless Abyssal is going casual
i call necro

and ya i love my lunar scythe it was the first collectable i got and like the second item i bought xD never regretted getting it =P

12-11-2008   #19 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

Orindae (OH SWEET MOTHER OF-)

I love eet, I'M A HUGE FROG FTW

12-12-2008   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Strikey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Strikey
IGN: Strikey
Class: SUPPORT
Guild: no need guild i am gud playr

Gray Torque Pants. The first item i bought when i started and i havent taken them off since