ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   FrenchBread Guild (http://ggftw.com/forum/frenchbread-guild/)
-   -   The Secret World (http://ggftw.com/forum/frenchbread-guild/60670-secret-world.html)

Moar 10-15-2009 09:12 PM

The Secret World

darkdaysarecoming.com
The Secret World Official Forums
The Secret World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

• There will be neither levels, nor classes in the game; instead, the character building will be skill-based.
  • The player characters will be customizable to a large degree, particularly in their choice of clothing, weapons (which range from shotguns to swords and can be customized and upgraded), and the supernatural powers they acquire.
  • Combat against computer-controlled monsters will be one of the game's central points and will require more of player's attention than contemporary MMORPGs.
  • The players will be able to form teams to fight together but the game can also be played in single-player mode.
  • the game is story-driven and there will be an overarching linear plot, as well as numerous side-quests, ranging from investigation to sabotage and hunting
  • playable factions ("secret societies") will be available in the game. These are: the London-based Templars, pious zealots "who would burn an entire village down to get their hands on one demon"; the New York City-based Illuminati, Machiavellian pragmatists who "believe that it's a tough world where only the strongest will survive"; and the Seoul-based "Dragon", who take a neutral stance between the other two and are "all about deceiving, orchestrating chaos, and waiting patiently for its time".
  • Additionally, players will be able to create own guilds, known as "cabals" in-game, affiliated with one of the main factions. All players' actions in the game will contribute to their ranking in their respective guilds and factions.
  • PvP areas of the game will be located in the region called Agartha inside the hollow Earth, where the players will fight for the invaluable resource known as "anima".

I need to play this sexy game NOW. But if its point and click then it can suck itself. :py61:

BoredomKillz 10-15-2009 10:15 PM

look interesting, but cant really tell much without actual gameplay footage xD

TraderJoe 10-15-2009 10:53 PM

If I can make a hobo that shoots lightning from his fingers, I'm definitely trying this game out.

Lenono 10-16-2009 12:12 AM

Hello Nvidia 9800+ or Ati Radeon 4300+ =D to play that game *_* but looks awesome

ZeR 10-16-2009 12:21 AM

BoredomKillz 10-16-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakFree (Post 1015475)

bish go burn

Moar 10-16-2009 09:51 AM

yeah yeah no gameplay footage but the game sounds so awesome id actually pay for it.

http://www.crygaia.com/wiki/images/t...erConcepts.jpg

one of you rich people invest millions into the company so they can release it earlier.

BoredomKillz 10-16-2009 09:53 AM

the question is not would you pay for it its DO you have to pay for it?

Note 10-16-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenono (Post 1015469)
Hello Nvidia 9800+ or Ati Radeon 4300+ =D to play that game *_* but looks awesome

I must say the graphics won't be that great as AION since if it's an AION-like graphics then this game must be pretty much advertised all over the world..xD

Anyways, lets just hope this mmorpg will turn out great since the cinematics is quite tempting if the cinematics and gameplay graphics would be the same I must say this is a big launch and for the gameplay I must say they are trying something new so pretty much a BIG BIG RISK..

Moar 10-17-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 1015765)
the question is not would you pay for it its DO you have to pay for it?

i would be surprised if it wasn't.

anyways you can signup for beta keys now hopefully that means early 2010 for closed beta.