ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > General MMO Community > Universal Guilds > FrenchBread Guild

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-29-2008   #1 (permalink)
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Solemn is on a distinguished road
Default The Trouble with Astros

Wow. Trying to get $10 of Astros is a freaking pain.

I thought I might try to get some on Friday, since I would get a 10% bonus, meaning 220 Astros. Didn't work out, since I went to bed before my mom came home from work.

Saturday morning! I wake up before my mom goes to work and ask her if she would use her credit card to buy me this $10 gift online. She agreed, but then she felt uncomfortable about buying something online when she could go to a store and not give out her information, so I ask her to purchase me a $10 OGPlanet game card at Blockbuster on the way home from work, since I could still get a bonus if I AFK'ed over the weekend. She happily agreed.

About an hour ago, she called, saying that there were only $25 cards, but there were $10 Ultimate Game Cards. I naively told her to go ahead and buy the UGCs.

Ten minutes later, it finally hit me that UGCs had to be $20 or more in value to be used for Astros. I called her on her cell phone, and although she was probably a minute or so from home and tired and hungry, she chuckled and said she would go and make the return and come home to buy online.

She arrived home, and I filled in all the information for the MasterCard/Visa purchase. It came up with an error message saying that it wasn't verified by MasterCard SecureCode or Visa, even though it was plain to see that the card was, indeed, a MasterCard. She told me that she would head to another Blockbuster tomorrow, and maybe that one would have $10 cards.

SO, I not only did not get the Astros, but I made my overworked mom and I go to no trouble for nothing. Unbelievable. I really hope things work out.

I decided to share this with my LaTale guildies instead of posting in the Rant Forum. I'm not angry, but I am slightly irked. I'm beginning to wonder if all this gas-wasting and stuff is really necessary. 200 Astros isn't worth this much trouble, is it? D;

tl;dr Version: I wanted $10 worth of Astros and went through too many troubles to buy them. In the end, I didn't even get the Astros, and I only troubled my mom and me.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-30-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

xTakayama will become famous soon enoughxTakayama will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to xTakayama
IGN: xTakayama
Class: Buffalo <3 to_warrior
Level: Under 100!

I dunno what to say... But dang you OGP for making our Solemn and her mom troubled XD

Pixel is , Trickster is , FrenchBread is

Last edited by xTakayama; 11-30-2008 at 10:57 AM.

11-30-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Luciane will become famous soon enoughLuciane will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Luciane Send a message via AIM to Luciane Send a message via Yahoo to Luciane Send a message via Skype™ to Luciane

Poor you *hugs*

Thank you so much k0n <3

12-04-2008   #4 (permalink)
Posting once a year.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineMapleStoryDungeon Fighter OnlineLa Tale
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Yoruhime has a spectacular aura aboutYoruhime has a spectacular aura about
Level: - ∞
Guild: FrenchBread

Argh. I hate when things don't work out like that. And then you will feel guilty for making someone going all over the place. ><

But lol, life is like that. Life can be really tiring but we just have to get over it. Sorry for such a late reply but hope you get the Astros (did you already..?).