ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Food (http://ggftw.com/forum/food/)
-   -   So Coke is poison to me. (http://ggftw.com/forum/food/88856-so-coke-poison-me.html)

Riolu 01-04-2011 02:42 AM

So Coke is poison to me.

When i drink it in any amount i usually feel it coming back out, when it does i feel terrible for two days and can't crap, i get gassy and on the third day or more depending on how much of it i drank i get instant diarea.

Does it happen to anyone else?

Millas 01-04-2011 03:01 AM

dododo,Well you do know soda carry's a toxin also damages the immune system, or that's what I've heard anyways.

Bolter 01-04-2011 03:55 AM

not sure if thats an allergy, but anyway coke shouldn't be drank too much, especially when you're full if not you will feel very bloated

Riolu 01-04-2011 04:04 AM

I've never thought of it as an allergy before, strange is that i get somewhat like that from most coke-like drinks, Sprite being the second worst (instant diarea) whereas Pepsi has more mild side effects.

Bolter 01-05-2011 07:17 AM

well until you find out whats the cause, just try to refrain from drinking anything that is gassy

Riolu 01-05-2011 08:43 AM

I always try to refrain from it but it sucks when most my friends basically live on coke and go ewww when they see me drinking water, especially hard when we're going to a cabin in the mountains and they buy like 3 6-packs of 2 litres coke and one 8 litre water for me.

SOC 01-05-2011 11:29 AM

So they'd rather see your nasty crap/vomit/ect. and suffer in pain than see you drink water? Some friends they are.

Riolu 01-05-2011 11:39 AM

It's more like they react badly when someone's different, but they're really nice people (and my revenge is always far worse:py35:).

SOC 01-05-2011 11:46 AM

Because someone drinking water is extremely different and should be reacted badly to... lol

But uh, how much coke do you normally consume? If you just drink an average of one can a day, just try drinking water for one whole month straight and see if you still have these symptoms at all. I mean I'm no doctor and I have no idea what's going on, but could be diabetes issues, could be pancreas not processing sugar well, could be liver not processing coke well, who knows? A good flush with just water through your system might do it a world of good.

Riolu 01-05-2011 12:10 PM

They'd really prefer me drinking wine instead of water but i decline usually because even though i can hold my drinks i get carried away easily.

As to the sugar thing, i can eat whole chocolates and feel just fine, or drink tea with a ton of sugar in it.

Sandrie 01-05-2011 12:44 PM

I'm no doctor, and I suggest you do talk to one at some point in time about it, but how are you when it comes to artificial sugars? It could be that your body has trouble processing that. (I doubt it though, I think it's some rare genetic disease)

It's probably something in the ingredients that is making you feel unwell, I'd avoid soft drinks until you figure out what it is.

Riolu 01-05-2011 12:53 PM

I usually drink beer, natural drinks, ice/tea and i'm ok, just gassy drinks are assy towards me. (couldn't resist)

Henreh 01-05-2011 02:20 PM

wut why would they go ewww at water? your body is 75% water so do they go ewww at their bodies? weird ass friends but I see how it happens. You should go eww at coke because kidney stones, obesity, and diabetes are eww, I had an addiction to vitamin water at school and my friends were like HENRY REALLY...MORE VITAMIN WATER? U FEG.

Bolter 01-06-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riolu (Post 1439521)
I always try to refrain from it but it sucks when most my friends basically live on coke and go ewww when they see me drinking water, especially hard when we're going to a cabin in the mountains and they buy like 3 6-packs of 2 litres coke and one 8 litre water for me.

well you can just drink something like ice lemon tea or whatever non-gassy can drink, and if they still go ewww, then you have to tell them...

Nakigahara 03-09-2011 06:42 AM

This happens to my friend but only when he drinks V8 Fruit Fusions.

Takaichou 03-09-2011 08:13 AM

I remember I felt it(coke) coming back after I drank 1+ litre of it. Strange feeling in neck, disguisting to be more exact.
Living without coke for few years now and I'm lovin' it. Hell, I don't drink ANY carbonated drinks(unless I have no other choice). Water for the win!
Still laugh at people who eat chips and drink coke daily.

Mitchi 11-29-2011 04:48 AM

You could be having a reaction to the acids in soda, or even the corn syrup. Have you tried drinking mexican coke to see if it does the same thing?

In any case, it might not be any one ingredient causing it...incidentally, it might just be...soda. Sounds weird but when you put that many chemicals together, then something's gonna happen. No food allergy surprises me anymore, my sister's friend almost bit the bullet after kissing her husband, who drank some beer (because she is that allergic to barley).

And if your friends get grossed out by water, simply raise your glass, toast to them with a nice cold f*** you, and continue to enjoy your delicious, clear, nectar of the earth.

Also, don't depend on them to bring your drinks. Bring them yourself. If you keep drinking something that gives you that bad of a reaction, you're only destroying your body little by little...acid reflux, poor nutrient absorption, etc etc.

Riolu 11-29-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchi (Post 1646877)
And if your friends get grossed out by water, simply raise your glass, toast to them with a nice cold f*** you, and continue to enjoy your delicious, clear, nectar of the earth.

I like this.

Old thread is old though, anything carbonated (light coke surprisingly doesn't affect me as much) has that effect on me .. qq had to find it out the hard way.

And we don't have mexican coke here, at least not the drinkable kind....maybe.