Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-18-2010   #1 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur
Default Apples.

Does it cool down your body like how watermelon does? o_o

And speaking of apples, do you guys wash your apples before you eat it? Or more specific wash it with salt first?

I often see on the tv that most of them doesn't wash it, they just grab, wipe on their clothes then eat it. :/
Do you guys do that irl?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-18-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Mello will become famous soon enoughMello will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mello

I rarely eat apples nowadays, But no i don't feel it cooling down my body
I wash them, peel off the skin & put it in a bowl [ filled with water ]
Who would not want to wash they're fruits before eating it? >->

07-18-2010   #3 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold

^
The tv people. LOL
Idk.. I eat em with the skin on. <3 Crispy.

07-18-2010   #4 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

I only wash my fruits if I see that they need to be washed (I always was strawberries, grapes etc tho). If the apple has this gross glossy thing on it, I wash it. Otherwise I usually eat them without washing.

07-18-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Mello will become famous soon enoughMello will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mello

I hate how the skin gets stuck in ur teeth tho
OMGTUTPIKPLZ. >_<;

07-20-2010   #6 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

I like to chop up my apple and eat it with honey :>

But I rarely wash it first, depends on how it looks.

07-20-2010   #7 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

All apples should be washed regardless of how they look, to be 100% sure. You don't want that crap in your system. As far as cooling down, they probably cool you down a little bit as apples hold a lot of water, but no where near as much as watermelon so it won't cool you down as much as watermelon. That's just my guess though. :P

07-20-2010   #8 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games

Hmm.. Idk.. I watched too many tv i guess. Lol.. coz even in some commercials they just pick right from the store and eat it. :/

07-20-2010   #9 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
Hmm.. Idk.. I watched too many tv i guess. Lol.. coz even in some commercials they just pick right from the store and eat it. :/
You realize TV and commercials are planned, staged, scripted... not real life/actually how things are right? XD

07-20-2010   #10 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

The reason why the soak the apple in the water is because so it want change colour.
I usualy do wash my apple before I eat it since there might be some insecticides or spray left on it...
I don't know if they would cool you down or not...But I know they do help with cleaning your teeth 8D!

07-21-2010   #11 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

A little bit of chemicals is always good for the stomach 8D

07-21-2010   #12 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

for red apples, the skin is usually soft enough to be edible, but the green ones on the other hand sometimes have hard skin, so its not always the case for the green ones to have their skins edible(but there might be some of those with soft skin though). I'm pretty sure all red apple skins are edible though, if you want to be safe then just wash it.

but I would prefer the red ones though(although I rarely eat apples myself as I prefer oranges) cos they are sweeter, green ones tend to be a bit more sourish.

and no they don't cool you down as much as watermelon does as they are not so juicy, but what they have is more fibres and vitamins I think.

Last edited by Bolter; 07-21-2010 at 03:11 AM.

07-21-2010   #13 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Wait, are there people out there who are cooled by apples?
Anyway, I usually don't eat apples, but when I do, I only take like 3 bits after washing it.

--Frenchbread is

07-21-2010   #14 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

I dislike apples. When I eat then, the skin gets stuck to my teeth.
But yeah, always wash fruits and vegetables you'll eat with skin-on. The only reason why they do it in TV is because it's probably already pre-washed.

Also, I don't think anime has to worry about insecticides and bacterias found on the surfaces of fruit.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

07-21-2010   #15 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Watermelons can cool you down? I never experienced that feeling....

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

07-21-2010   #16 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

You guys do know that all/most of the nutrients in an Apple is in the skin right?

OP: I haven't been cooled down much when eating apples.
Anyways, I wash mine a bit. I haven't had many recently because of braces though. qq

07-21-2010   #17 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

I'm not a fan of apples. I only ever eat Granny smith and Fuji (fuji for the thinner skin). Sometimes I eat Braeburn because they're thin skinned.

I pretty much wash all my fruits for various reason. I wash store bought ones to get rid of pesticides and I wash ones from the farmer's market to get rid of extra dirt.

07-21-2010   #18 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
DC Universe OnlineWorld of WarcraftVindictusElsword
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future
Guild: Nuclear Family

I wash and clean anything I eat raw (with some minor exceptions perhaps), including apples.

But it might be just me as I'm especially cautious about dirt, since if I get pneumonia I could die.

Last edited by Kongro; 07-21-2010 at 05:13 PM.

07-21-2010   #19 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Most likely apples are pre-washed and fresh in TV shows. I eat apples when they are available I love all fruit.

07-21-2010   #20 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games

So many apple haters in this forum q_q
And Idk, apples DOES give me some cooling but watermelon is just pure goddess of coolingness. `-`