ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Beauty, Fashion, Fitness & Health > Food

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

View Poll Results: Does chocolate make you happy?
Yes! 22 75.86%
No... 4 13.79%
chocolate is ebil I can't eat it QQ 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-24-2010   #1 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21
Default Do chocolate make YOU happy?

Well there was some research about chocolate releasing some chemical in the brain which is suppose to make you feel happy (I vaguely remember the facts). All I know is that dark chocolate is my 2nd love in this world and a bar of it makes me happy.

So what about you guys?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-24-2010   #2 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

well, for me I don't know, but I always have joy eating chocolates because of their sweetness.

06-25-2010   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

oXdacyXo will become famous soon enough
IGN: oXdacyXo
Class: Idiotic Puppeteer lu_dacy
Level: 9
Guild: MMOKami

I dislike milk chocolate, dark chocolate is better :3

06-25-2010   #4 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
Well there was some research about chocolate releasing some chemical in the brain which is suppose to make you feel happy (I vaguely remember the facts). All I know is that dark chocolate is my 2nd love in this world and a bar of it makes me happy.

So what about you guys?
Chocolate contains lots of tryptophan (an essential amino acid) and our body uses it to make serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that makes you feel good.

It definitely does make me feel good..when I'm having a really bad day that bar of chocolate or mug of hot chocolate gives me temporary relief.

I hear dark chocolate is an acquired taste... I find it bitter .-.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

Last edited by Javier; 06-25-2010 at 12:57 AM.

06-25-2010   #5 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro

Goldie is on a distinguished road
Guild: SOS Brigade

Chocolate is evil but if I do decide to eat chocolate... Dark chocolate is the way to go, I find milk chocolate too sweet now after being on a healthy diet for so long.

06-25-2010   #6 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

It has no effect on me.
I also get a lot of shit for saying "I don't like chocolate" but it's true.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

06-25-2010   #7 (permalink)
My heart is spoken for ❤
Games
MapleStoryLa TaleTrickster OnlineDragon Saga

Advenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud of
IGN: see sig
Class: Pyromancer || Angela || Void Princess || Sorcerer to_bard
Guild: EcksxRated || n/a || Apotheosis || n/a

Chocolate that is creamy and not too sweet is the best chocolate for me, I find. If it's got nuts in it, it's better (especially if it's got hazelnuts or macadamias in it. Mmmm.).

"Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're thinking..." ~Tifa Lockhart, "Final Fantasy VII"
IGN List:
DN: Advenna|| RH: Cellanta || Elsword: Cippria || ST: Advenna

06-25-2010   #8 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

Oooh yes! I love chocolate! But of course there's good chocolate, and there's bad chocolate. Bad chocolate doesn't make me happy >:

06-25-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event Winner

DOLLFACE is just really niceDOLLFACE is just really niceDOLLFACE is just really niceDOLLFACE is just really niceDOLLFACE is just really nice

I hate chocolate. I only can eat a finite amount of milk chocolate, if I had to.

@Topic, no, it doesn't affect me.

06-25-2010   #10 (permalink)
ohi
Games
World of Warcraft
Awards Facebook Fan

crazyhealer is on a distinguished road
IGN: crazyhealer
Class: Eir lu_eir
Level: no idea...

I still don't believe chocs does make people happy. It always doesn't have any effect on me other than making me thirsty.

06-25-2010   #11 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

There are other sweet treats i prefer over chocolate.

But yes, temporary happiness while having hot choco or a bar of chocolate sure.

06-25-2010   #12 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

The only reason why some people do not eat chocolates is because most of the chocolates we have nowadays usually contain sugar. Well, not everyone likes sweetness like me.

But thats usually the milk chocolates, the dark chocolates should be fine, cos they usually contain less sugar and a bit more bitter and from what I've heard, can help against cancer.

Last edited by Bolter; 06-25-2010 at 09:28 PM.

07-17-2010   #13 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate gives me a headache if I eat it on hot days.

I don't eat it that much either to begin with, although I love it with nuts (almonds, peanuts) because of the added texture~

07-17-2010   #14 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

I like chocolate milk, and normal chocolate when it's not too sweet, but I preffer white chocolate, it's good to eat it with some ice cream. Once I had white chocolate milk, that was SWEET, loved it~
Cold chocolate milk <3 or hot when it's cold weather.
I didn't see any changes on mood, never paid attention, and I'm always with a straigh face even when I'm all excited and happy about something

Last edited by NiBo; 07-17-2010 at 08:00 PM.

07-18-2010   #15 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Always have dark chocolate. And guess what. It has no effect on me. No matter how many time I eat chocolates.
And I'm a chocolate person. 'o'

07-18-2010   #16 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

I have a whole bag of chocolates, I currently ate more than half of it today. DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It gives me sugar rush, and pretty hyper if you ask me! DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

07-18-2010   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

Mello will become famous soon enoughMello will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mello

Yes, it makes me very happy :>

07-18-2010   #18 (permalink)
案山子
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseLa TaleMapleStory

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Virus
IGN: Takkuri
Class: Cyber Hunter to_lion
Level: 27x
Guild: Style

Chocolate is just another candy to me, it doesn't change my mood at all.

07-18-2010   #19 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

When I eat chocolate, I feel a little bit happier.

Maybe because its sweet.

07-19-2010   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Michiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to beholdMichiko is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Gumball / =Michiko=
Class: Arme / Bunny to_bunny
Level: 73 / 162
Guild: Pwnography

I love chocolate. But my favorite is white chocolate, and to be honest, it makes me happy already just to see it. I guess its sweetness makes me happy. I think I'm kinda addicted, even though I barely eat some, so I guess it's okay. :3

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!!