ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Food (http://ggftw.com/forum/food/)
-   -   Do chocolate make YOU happy? (http://ggftw.com/forum/food/78071-do-chocolate-make-you-happy.html)

Henreh 06-24-2010 10:04 PM

Do chocolate make YOU happy?

Well there was some research about chocolate releasing some chemical in the brain which is suppose to make you feel happy (I vaguely remember the facts). All I know is that dark chocolate is my 2nd love in this world and a bar of it makes me happy.

So what about you guys?

Bolter 06-24-2010 10:16 PM

well, for me I don't know, but I always have joy eating chocolates because of their sweetness.

oXdacyXo 06-24-2010 11:36 PM

I dislike milk chocolate, dark chocolate is better :3

Javier 06-24-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henreh (Post 1274830)
Well there was some research about chocolate releasing some chemical in the brain which is suppose to make you feel happy (I vaguely remember the facts). All I know is that dark chocolate is my 2nd love in this world and a bar of it makes me happy.

So what about you guys?

Chocolate contains lots of tryptophan (an essential amino acid) and our body uses it to make serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that makes you feel good.

It definitely does make me feel good..when I'm having a really bad day that bar of chocolate or mug of hot chocolate gives me temporary relief. :py53:

I hear dark chocolate is an acquired taste... I find it bitter .-.

Goldie 06-25-2010 12:41 AM

Chocolate is evil :) but if I do decide to eat chocolate... Dark chocolate is the way to go, I find milk chocolate too sweet now after being on a healthy diet for so long.

Light 06-25-2010 12:46 AM

It has no effect on me.
I also get a lot of shit for saying "I don't like chocolate" but it's true.

Advenna 06-25-2010 12:56 AM

Chocolate that is creamy and not too sweet is the best chocolate for me, I find. If it's got nuts in it, it's better (especially if it's got hazelnuts or macadamias in it. Mmmm.).

Mums 06-25-2010 01:23 AM

Oooh yes! I love chocolate! But of course there's good chocolate, and there's bad chocolate. Bad chocolate doesn't make me happy >:

DOLLFACE 06-25-2010 04:01 AM

I hate chocolate. I only can eat a finite amount of milk chocolate, if I had to.

@Topic, no, it doesn't affect me.

crazyhealer 06-25-2010 07:49 AM

I still don't believe chocs does make people happy. It always doesn't have any effect on me other than making me thirsty.

Aimee 06-25-2010 08:21 AM

There are other sweet treats i prefer over chocolate.

But yes, temporary happiness while having hot choco or a bar of chocolate sure.

Bolter 06-25-2010 08:25 PM

The only reason why some people do not eat chocolates is because most of the chocolates we have nowadays usually contain sugar. Well, not everyone likes sweetness like me.

But thats usually the milk chocolates, the dark chocolates should be fine, cos they usually contain less sugar and a bit more bitter and from what I've heard, can help against cancer.

Shnao 07-17-2010 06:55 PM

Chocolate gives me a headache if I eat it on hot days.

I don't eat it that much either to begin with, although I love it with nuts (almonds, peanuts) because of the added texture~

NiBo 07-17-2010 06:57 PM

I like chocolate milk, and normal chocolate when it's not too sweet, but I preffer white chocolate, it's good to eat it with some ice cream. Once I had white chocolate milk, that was SWEET, loved it~
Cold chocolate milk <3 or hot when it's cold weather.
I didn't see any changes on mood, never paid attention, and I'm always with a straigh face even when I'm all excited and happy about something http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs14/f/20...vaderZaeon.gif

1stsim144 07-18-2010 12:48 AM

Always have dark chocolate. And guess what. It has no effect on me. No matter how many time I eat chocolates.
And I'm a chocolate person. 'o'

Milkshakes 07-18-2010 01:59 AM

I have a whole bag of chocolates, I currently ate more than half of it today. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It gives me sugar rush, and pretty hyper if you ask me! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mello 07-18-2010 03:08 PM

Yes, it makes me very happy :>

Virus 07-18-2010 03:20 PM

Chocolate is just another candy to me, it doesn't change my mood at all.

Kotarou 07-18-2010 04:24 PM

When I eat chocolate, I feel a little bit happier.

Maybe because its sweet.

Michiko 07-19-2010 03:38 PM

I love chocolate. But my favorite is white chocolate, and to be honest, it makes me happy already just to see it. I guess its sweetness makes me happy. I think I'm kinda addicted, even though I barely eat some, so I guess it's okay. :3