Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-04-2010   #1 (permalink)
Where is MetalGarurumon?
Games
La TaleLegend of EddaElswordLeague of Legends

WarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really nice
Default Soda addiction

I have a terrible soda addiction, like today I think I gouched down like 5-6 cans of Dr. Pepper in like the span of 3-4 hours. I know it's not healthy but it's like the only thing we have to drink in the house and my mom keeps buying the stuff. Anyway to control my habit of drinking it? Because i'm pretty sure I'd like lose 10 lbs. if I stopped drinking soda.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-04-2010   #2 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Think before you take more. There's always the water option, and you can ask your mom to buy something other than soda too.

04-04-2010   #3 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Honestly, just go for a cold bottle of water or something instead. It's just as refreshing. Or if it's the sweetness that's making you go back, go for juice.

Or be crafty if you like the fizzy-ness of the soda. Get carbonated water and mix it with juice or something.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

04-04-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Pico is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Pico
IGN: Mewwz

Tell your mom to buy water bottles. Only reason why you drink it is because it is readily available. I find myself drinking water a lot more because I quit buying soda all together.

04-04-2010   #5 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Think before you pick up a can, by thinking of the health risks you face when consuming lots of Soft Drinks.

That alone would prevent me from touching it as frequently.

Quote:
Many soft drinks contain ingredients that are themselves sources of concern: caffeine is linked to anxiety and sleep disruption, when consumed in excess, and the health effects of high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners remain controversial. Sodium benzoate has been investigated as a possible cause of DNA damage and hyperactivity. Other substances have negative health effects, but are present in such small quantities that they are unlikely to pose any substantial health risk. Benzene belongs to this category: the amount of benzene in soft drinks is small enough that it is unlikely to pose a health risk.
Soft drink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

04-04-2010   #6 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

soda is reaaaaaaaaaally bad stuff.

extreeeemely high in sugar content, and leads to a looot of problems like diabetes. i stopped drinking soda last year, and whenever i try to drink it, i cant. mt body stopped "accepting" it, and i feel weird if i do drink it. i think people have just conditioned themselves so much that they cant tell their own body doesnt want all the ingredients contained in soda.

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

04-04-2010   #7 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

I switched to drinking water or Sprite (which is kind of bad still, but at least there's no caffeine). I used to be like this, but with Pepsi instead. Just one day, I stopped. The worst effects you'll get from withdrawal is that you'll feel more sleepy then usual. The way I counter this effect is buy exercising. Exercise can also regulate your need for water since it'll drive you to drinking more water than dehydrated sodas.

04-04-2010   #8 (permalink)
Where is MetalGarurumon?
Games
La TaleLegend of EddaElswordLeague of Legends

WarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really nice

Ewwww water. but it has no taste to it >: and juice is like out of the question. Looks like water hear I come. Told my mother not to buy anymore sodas only for like special occasions and I guess I'll get water when i go out, saves $$$.

OOOOOO I love reading wiki articles. Crap, I feel like a fat ass now.

04-04-2010   #9 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Weight should be the least of your worries.
I know a guy in the family who drinks Coca Cola regularly, and he has very thin/translucent teeth and some of his teeth have chipped off or came out altogether + very bad gum health.

Let's just say it's not beautiful.
---

He also has many stomach problems, considering all the acid I wouldn't be surprised if he burned off many layers of his stomach wall and that may have contributed to his stomach ulcers.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

04-04-2010   #10 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigade
and juice is like out of the question.
But why? Fruit juices are definitely the healthier alternative, especially if you go for the ones with no added preservatives or sugar.

Or you could just make yourself a jug of fresh lemonade... works wonders

It's the nature of my circuitry.

04-04-2010   #11 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Make lemonade/orange juice. I don't drink soda that often because I like making my own drinks. :>

04-04-2010   #12 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

Redz will become famous soon enough
IGN: GrimLuck
Class: Maestro/Ministrel lt_bard
Level: 194/193
Guild: SolarBreak
Xfire: Grimmy

^what they said but if you can't completely cut your craving on soda try diet it's not 'as bad'. Soda will pack on the pounds if you drink to many to fast, a soda every once in awhile is alright but I try never to drink it.

Credit: Noperative

04-04-2010   #13 (permalink)
Pokemangz Masta 1-10umad?
Special Games
La Tale
Awards Twitter Fan

LolJaen will become famous soon enoughLolJaen will become famous soon enough
Guild: ShiningRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiyu
soda is reaaaaaaaaaally bad stuff.

extreeeemely high in sugar content, and leads to a looot of problems like diabetes. i stopped drinking soda last year, and whenever i try to drink it, i cant. mt body stopped "accepting" it, and i feel weird if i do drink it. i think people have just conditioned themselves so much that they cant tell their own body doesnt want all the ingredients contained in soda.

It's the same with me, I quit drinking soda about 1 1/2 years ago and traded it for Water and the occasional Ginger Ale. Every time i try to drink a soda ( which is not often ) my body refuses it, It taste's bad and i get nauseous. The only liquid intake my body accepts is water now. Getting off the soda is very health beneficial and you can easily lose a few pounds.

How am i supposed to be who i'll be if i am who i am?"

04-04-2010   #14 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaezu

It's the same with me, I quit drinking soda about 1 1/2 years ago and traded it for Water and the occasional Ginger Ale. Every time i try to drink a soda ( which is not often ) my body refuses it, It taste's bad and i get nauseous. The only liquid intake my body accepts is water now. Getting off the soda is very health beneficial and you can easily lose a few pounds.
Yaya!
Best friend <3 ~~

And I drink tea / water / juice only

I don't know what's wrong with juice O.O;
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEE juice!!!

Much sweeter than soda, healthier, AND you taste fruits!

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

04-05-2010   #15 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Just be prepared for lots of aches, headaches, irritability ect. when you stop drinking Dr. Pepper. Your body is gonna' hate you for a few days, but as k0n suggested, exercising will really help that out. I know it seems like water sucks but after a few days, you will absolutely love it. XD

04-05-2010   #16 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Water is the best solution if you're worried about your addiction.
It hydrates the body, is good for the skin and will make you feel a whole lot better in the long run.

04-05-2010   #17 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

My parents never buys soda, so I rarely drink it. When I'm with out with friends I use to buy soda but that doesn't really affect me. I've stopped to buy soda for my breakfast in school too and I've noticed that it really affects my weight. We have a ''Soda Stream'' at home so that we can carbonize the tap water and it's so much better for the economy AND the environment than buying water on bottle. If I want something sodalike I just add some squash.

04-05-2010   #18 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony

Put a bottle of water beside you- When you need a drink, you'll grab the bottle instinctively. Or at least,that's what I did,and it became a habit for me to have a bottle of plain water beside my computer.

05-20-2010   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineRose Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Hineko / LadySephira
Level: 400

^ I agree & think that soda leaches your bones. <--- x_x that's why I only drink 1-3 can of sodas a year.

05-22-2010   #20 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

Flavored sparkling water.

FERREALZ

these swimming gays ruined my life