League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-15-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ashie Send a message via MSN to Ashie Send a message via Yahoo to Ashie Send a message via Skype™ to Ashie
IGN: Lynxz,LynChan,MeekaBearz
Class: Fat Emu Sheep / Fat Emu Kittehs to_schoolgirl
Level: 15x,20x,6x
Guild: Midnight
Default Cake & Dinner Ideas

Hey Guyz 8D Well Erm.. My Husband's Birthday is coming up and I really want to make him a awesome cake that says I love you and shows how much time I put into it. I also want to make him a fancy dinner and I even plan to go buy some wine. So can you guys please help? He told me he wanted a Dirt Cake..Which when I looked at it..isnt a very good cake for his birthday...I want him to remember this day..Not think "Lyn made me Dirt YUmmy!!!"

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-15-2010   #2 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Well, if that's the kind of cake he likes, then maybe you could try it. Nothing says you can't make two cakes. Guys are weird, and remember things differently than us girls, so what seems wrong and not special to you might be something important to him *shrug*

That being said, make him whatever his favorite meal is. When I wanted to make a special dinner for my husband, I was planning on some elaborate stuff, but it turns out all he wanted was a simple casserole dish O_o

Heck, most of the time he just wants pizza and stuff like that.

Also, box cake mix is your friend. While making one from scratch can sometimes be more special, they have the tendency to not come out right if you're not experienced with it x-x

02-16-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ashie Send a message via MSN to Ashie Send a message via Yahoo to Ashie Send a message via Skype™ to Ashie
IGN: Lynxz,LynChan,MeekaBearz
Class: Fat Emu Sheep / Fat Emu Kittehs to_schoolgirl
Level: 15x,20x,6x
Guild: Midnight

He told me his fav dishes and I would make him a dairt cake but all it is is crumbles up oreo cookies and whipped topping..And if I were to make that his mom would eat it all..So I've planned to make him a Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cake. o_o Since well I wanna combine what we like together. Cept Imma do it a tad be odd...Tell me if this sounds good...

Take 2 Boxes of Chocolate cake..Either One box of Strawberry cake mix, Or a white cake mix and add strawberry Jello ( To make it taste stronger) ..Mix the Choco cake mix and then the strawberry Place about half into a cake pan the the other half with strawberry and use a toothpick to marbleize it.

The Icing..I'm not sure of yet.. ( HELP!!!)

The On top Imma take fresh Strawberry's Dip them into Dark Milk Chocolate..let them harden then tip them with white...Or should I swirl the white around the dark?

02-16-2010   #4 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

I eat cream cheese frosting with any kind of cake, heh. Just get creamed cheese and some powdered/confectioner's sugar and mix 'em together with an electric mixer until it's nice and smooth/workable. I can't give exact measurements 'cause whenever I make some, I just put enough to taste. Get enough cream cheese (or more, that way you have extras) that you think you'll need for the area your working with, then have plenty of sugar on hand to make it taste sweet(er).

If you want a little flavoring, sometimes I put in a bit of *enter desired flavor* extract in. A few drops should be enough, but that also depends on how you want it to taste and how much you're working with. Dyes work well, too, to make it a nice shade of whatever color you're going for. Confuse people and make "chocolate"-colored frosting that tastes like vanilla. 8D

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

02-16-2010   #5 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

That chocolate and strawberry cake sounds like a good idea (i've done it before with devils food and red velvet). Using white cake with jello won't work, since it will change the consistency of the cake. If you want to go with a really strong flavor though, use a box of strawberry cake mix and add a can (12 oz, or 1 and 1/2 cup) of strawberry soda. This sounds odd, but it does work, and I do this very often (my husband prefers soda cakes to normal cakes -_-), though using a fruit soda may make it too sweet (I always use sprite or diet rite, though sometimes i'll use Dr. Pepper).

As for the Frosting, I second the cream cheese idea. How I make mine is one 8oz pack of cream cheese, one small tub of cool whip, a teaspoon of vanilla and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of sugar. Mix it all together until it's mixed (it will be a little runny), then turn up your beater and whip it until it's stiff and fluffy. When you refrigerate the frosting, it'll firm up a lot, and tastes like a really light cheesecake.