LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-01-2010   #1 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn
Default Healthy ways to get caffeine?

Well, I don't like coffee or tea, so the only way I can really wake up in the morning and do good at school/work is to drink a soda (pop if you're northern XD). They're so unhealthy though, I don't really want to drink a soda once a day just to "wake up." That'd kill my already bad kidneys!

I know there's like pills and stuff but that just seems really unhealthy as well.. Are there any other ways to get your caffeine fix?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-01-2010   #2 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

I use to go the soda way too. But then I found another alternative. I set my alarm an hour earlier than normal. It rings. I set it to ring in 40 minutes. I fall back asleep. It rings. I press snooze. Go back to sleep. It rings again. I get too annoyed to fall back to sleep. Worked for me better than any caffeine did~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

02-01-2010   #3 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

I'll say not to get dependant on coffee.

For me, I set my alarm way earlier, then take a piping hot bath to get my blood circulated and wake myself up.

My morning showers are the longest, cause I stone under the shower until I am fully awake.

02-01-2010   #4 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of

Thanks for the tip guys, I started getting up 20 minutes earlier about a month ago and it really does help. I could try another 20 minues and try showering, that would probably do it! Usually if I keep snoozing, I get more and more sleepy each time it goes off. XD I tried that once and ended up missing work because I turned off my alarm when I was half-asleep instead of pressing snooze and then I didn't wake up until my day was already done LOL.

02-01-2010   #5 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am quite thankful I have the self-discipline to wake up after the alarm has sounded, and that my body clock is quite punctual. However, my eyelids are usually heavy.

Hope that hot shower helps. ;o

I never believe in using caffeine to keep one awake cause I'm afraid of addiction. =/

02-01-2010   #6 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

It helps if you have one of those really loud annoying digital AM/FM alarm clocks placed at the opposite corner of the room. I even put a chair in the way sometimes to wake me up when I stumble in the dark~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

02-01-2010   #7 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

Thanks zgm, when I was in highschool I always woke up at 6 AM biologically which was hard for me on weekends, but since I started university a year ago, it's completely different. XD I don't mind getting up for work, but getting up for class is pretty hard. <_<

Tori, that's a good idea. I have an alarm at the foot of my bed so maybe I'll start using that. It's just not very loud 'cause it's so far away so I try to use my phone which is next to my head. Maybe if I push my phone further away that'll help~

Thanks for the tips, guys. ^^

02-01-2010   #8 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

5 Hour Energy? I use this sometimes but its limited energy. You can turn a firebell (The ones at a school or firestation) into an alarmclock. But Im sure it takes a long time to do that. Theres videos of it on youtube.

02-01-2010   #9 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I believe bright lights and cold temperatures help you wake up. Of course, if you're not getting enough sleep, it doesn't matter what you do cause you'll still feel tired. So technically getting enough sleep is another point.

02-01-2010   #10 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

Well, even though apples don't have caffeine, I recommend apples, because they energize you with sugars rather than caffeine. (not the best thing, but not the worst either)

Other than that I would simply load my pockets with small spicy peppers that I grow from my backyard.

You should try it. Spicy is uncomfortable to some people, but the more uncomfortable it is, the more it wakes you up (I love this logic)

gg Noperative

02-02-2010   #11 (permalink)

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Milo is an energy drink from what I heard, so maybe you can try that otherwise its Red Bull.

02-02-2010   #12 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltstar
Milo is an energy drink from what I heard, so maybe you can try that otherwise its Red Bull.
Red Bull has caffeine, if you are talking about the Thai gold-can version.

One of my friend's friend is addicted to it, and need his daily fix of 6 cans. That's begging for diabetes to visit you earlier.

02-02-2010   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

try drinking water. buy a jug or clean out an old one and stick some water in there and keep it in the fridge. whenever you have a craving for something go for the water. pretty soon you'll be addicted to cold water. which is the best thing ever for you.

02-02-2010   #14 (permalink)

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Ok well, then there is this other way, you don't take anything, just warm up yourself in the morning with a bit of exercise. It might make you feel a bit more energetic. Wash your face if needed.

02-02-2010   #15 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

For a moment I thought this thread was in random considering the level of sense this thread makes.

Eat a hearty breakfast and a cup of tea in the morning.

02-03-2010   #16 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho
Eat a hearty breakfast and a cup of tea in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
Well, I don't like coffee or tea
Thanks for all the tips guys~ I wanna' stay away from energy drinks though, for health issues. I typically only drink water aside from that soda that wakes me up in the morning~ The peppers thing is a good idea. XD

Also, if I wanted to eat breakfast in the morning, I'd have to wake up at like 5, make it, and get woken up enough so that my stomach can actually handle it, and that would really just have an opposite effect ._. I can only eat breakfast after a few hours after I wake up, otherwise my stomach throws it all up. :(

02-04-2010   #17 (permalink)

Milo should be fine though.

02-04-2010   #18 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

1 apple = 1 cup of coffee

Caffeine in general should be avoided. Apples can wake you up minus the caffeine.

02-08-2010   #19 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
1 apple = 1 cup of coffee

Caffeine in general should be avoided. Apples can wake you up minus the caffeine.
2 ppl said the apple thing. it must be true! i never knew that. i'm gonna put sack of apples on my grocer list!

02-09-2010   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Exercise is a good caffeine replacement. Set your alarm clock an hour early and do exercise type stuff.