ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Food (http://ggftw.com/forum/food/)
-   -   Delicious teas (http://ggftw.com/forum/food/61421-delicious-teas.html)

Mitchi 10-22-2009 07:44 PM

Delicious teas

Are there any other tea lovers out there? I know I can't be the only one (I'm actually a semi-serious tea drinker really).

What type of teas are your favorites? Do you like your tea with sweeteners, or eat sweets with your tea? Do you have a favorite cup?

Personally, I'm very fond of green teas, specifically Genmaicha and Gunpowder, but I love Oolong as well. I never sweeten it unless it's Black tea, in which case I drink it with milk (I make my black tea REALLY strong) and sugar, or if it's iced tea. I sometimes (but very rarely) will sweeten fruit and herb teas, but usually I'll just eat sweets with them (like a few cookies).

And when possible, I try to drink tea with my meals.

JustinBieber 10-22-2009 07:46 PM

I love bubble tea... :py53:

Esper 10-22-2009 07:47 PM

I like Chinese restaurant teas. I can drink probably 30+ cups within an hour?
I drink mint tea at night sometimes. Depends on whether or not I feel like it.

Mitchi 10-22-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirae (Post 1024018)
I like Chinese restaurant teas. I can drink probably 30+ cups within an hour?

I do that too at Vietnamese restaurants. I can never resist the Jasmine tea (which is probably because I can NEVER brew it right at home. It's seriously the only tea I i always fail at making).

And Bubble tea is totally pimp.

Esper 10-22-2009 07:57 PM

You should see my cabinet.
One space is filled up with all these different tea containers. Some are presents from family members while others were ones we bought on vacation to some Asian country [forgot which one...]

Sad thing is we rarely drink those unless we have a party. Tea + desserts anyone?

SkyAngelic 10-22-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirae (Post 1024037)
You should see my cabinet.
One space is filled up with all these different tea containers. Some are presents from family members while others were ones we bought on vacation to some Asian country [forgot which one...]

Sad thing is we rarely drink those unless we have a party. Tea + desserts anyone?

Are some of those tea containers tall tin greenish cylinders with a number like "102" on it? xD

I have a few of those in my kitchen cabinet too... and they're also never used unless we have relatives that come to visit once in a while xD

ooh, and yesh, Tapioca/Boba/Bubble/Pearl Drinks are soooooo good!(Wtf is with all the different names LOL)

Anyways, tea... I don't really like it, but I drink it as much as I eat rice (hey that's what happens when I live through life with tea and rice xD)

However, I do prefer tea over water sometimes if it's something like oolong or jasmine tea (no sweeteners or milk)
Green tea ice cream is sooo good btw :py05:

Mitchi 10-22-2009 08:10 PM

Tea parties are awesome. I'm actually throwing an unborthday party with my friend this halloween :P

I wish my relatives would get me tea. Most Filipinos drink coffee or soda, so my sister and mom never really think of it. I should mention it to my sister, but she would forget (even though I'd be perfectly fine with her even getting me cheap lipton teabags or whatever (good god Lipton green tea is horrible x-x)) My mom did, however, get me this adorable covered mug to use for my tea.

JustinBieber 10-22-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchi (Post 1024054)
Tea parties are awesome.

I hate those idiot gatherings. ]:

Esper 10-22-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyAngelic (Post 1024049)
Are some of those tea containers tall tin greenish cylinders with a number like "102" on it? xD

Nope. They are those traditional Chinese containers [pentagon shape].

Mitchi 10-22-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LolWut (Post 1024070)
I hate those idiot gatherings. ]:

Eh, it honestly depends on who's hosting it. I don't like the stuffy, formal type (normally held by rich snobs or old ladies), but I love the type where you invite a bunch of people to come over and eat snacks with you and hang out -- except you're sitting at a table drinking tea and eating cookies.

Oh, and for the record, my favorite place to get tea is here:

Dragonwater Tea

Their gunpowder is really good, so is their Cherry Green Tea.

Yume 10-22-2009 09:59 PM

Green tea, milk tea, bubble tea, lemon honey tea, :3 yum.

Esper 10-22-2009 10:08 PM

You guys make me want tapioca tea with pearls right now. :[

Mitchi 10-22-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirae (Post 1024180)
You guys make me want tapioca tea with pearls right now. :[

Do it. It's delicious.

Esper 10-22-2009 10:32 PM

It's 10 PM right now. I'm too lazy to drive 5 minutes just to buy it.

Mitchi 10-22-2009 10:45 PM

But...but...Bubble tea :c

I wish I had a way to get to my local Bubble tea place, but they're closed anyways so it doesn't matter :[

FlamesBlader 10-22-2009 11:29 PM

Jasmine Tea <3?

Shiki 10-23-2009 04:50 AM

There's a particular tea I always ask for at Chinese Restaurants : 香片. Like the name says, it's really fragrant and it's very light tasting.

For "English" teas, I always go for the Earl Grey, I love the fruity aroma.

Javier 10-23-2009 08:37 AM

Hmm teas. I drink alot of it.

I usually drink a cup of darjeeling (red/black) tea with milk every morning.

If we're talking iced teas I like almost any fruit teas- lemon, apple, peach, mango...the list goes on.

Iced jasmine/chrysanthemum green tea is also a favourite of mine, especially on a really hot day or after greasy food.

Chinese teas I don't drink all that often, but I like them piping hot and unsweetened.

Mitchi 10-23-2009 11:45 AM

I can't think of any english teas I like off the top of my head (Irish breakfast is alright, but not a fave), and I'm not a big fan of most southern (US) Iced teas. For some reason, Iced tea doesn't taste good if you sweeten it while it's cold...then it just tastes bitter with sugar to me.

I love most Asian teas though...can't say much about Indian teas as I've never tried any good ones. Rooibos I like some of the time, but not often.

It's kinda my goal to try as many different teas as I can...then again, it's also my dream to open my own cafe one day (a tea shop actually...you know, like a coffee shop, but with tea instead).

Also, Loose leaf>tea bags, for me.

FlamesBlader 10-23-2009 11:48 AM

You better give me free tea if you open one.