Serec will become famous soon enoughSerec will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Serec Send a message via MSN to Serec
IGN: Scene
Class: Explorer lt_gunslinger
Level: 80
Guild: FrenchBread
Default Beer, alcohol, the works.

Can anyone tell me why people say beer taste "good?"
I've had a sip of beer when I was younger and it tasted horrible. I also had a sip of wine recently, and I gagged . Is it maybe I'm just not strong enough? lolol

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

you're just not strong enought serec <3

You're asking the same question as why people drink coffee instead of water.

"hey let's go down to the water house for a cuppa water and chat for hours"

People drink this stuff because it makes them feel good, short-term and socially.

Example: coffee keeps you awake. Also makes you look intelligent/professional in your career.
Example2: Beer makes you drunk (tranverse reality). If you don't drink it you're uncool/not a real man (*cough* peson)

Also these drugs , yes drugs!!, are addictive.

edit: you asked if it tastes good. I think coffee tastes good but not beer (i like fruity alc drinks more 8D). It doesn't necessarily have to taste good for people to drink them. It's more for what people want to get from it. You can take medicine (which is also a drug) for its effects, not what it taste like (which is horrible)

Last edited by ZeR; 07-09-2009 at 02:40 AM.

07-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

Beer tastes horrible.
Wine tastes bitter, except for Sangrial wine, I don't like any of them.
Coffee is nasty.
OJ and water ftw.

07-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

HennaIkimono will become famous soon enough

Beer and wine taste horrible (they both have that grainy taste).
Coffee tastes too bitter, even thru I drink strong black teas a lot (Coffee subsiute) without sugar/milk/whatever (irony much).
defiinetly drink a lot of water and anything else avalable (milk, OJ, etc)
Justice, Il 60458
Flat Lick, Ky 40935
Paint Lick Ky 40461
Flower Mound, Tx 75022
Cumming, Ga 30040
King of Prussia, Ga 19406

07-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Well coffee wine and beer are all bitter.
I believe people like them cause they found something more bitter than their own life >.<
(That's what some people told me)

But for coffee it has caffeine and it can cause addiction.
That's why some people are addicted to Red Bull.

You can look for a pro wine person to introduce you to wines that are more fruity. (If you like it buy a few and keep them or you might not be able to find the same one ever again)

Beers are just cheap alcoholic to get you drunk or void your driving license.

Reason why people drink all these is cause.
Water in general is tasteless and you want something that has some taste. (i think)

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

Last edited by kag; 07-09-2009 at 05:22 AM.

07-09-2009   #6 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

I drink tea, water, coffee, beer, whiskey, cola, espressos, lattes you name it. I personally prefer a nice iced tea over water because as its been pointed out water is tasteless. I use powdered iced tea anyway in a 34oz cup so its pretty much mostly water. Coffee I mainly use cold to make an Italian soda. Beer goes straight to my head after two sips and I only drink maybe 2 pints once a year when getting together with friends and family as we relax in the evening. However stronger things such as cognac, whiskey, rum, vodka, gin, kalua, amarula, etc. does not go to my head like beer does so I usually put something like a spoonful in say a milkshake to give it a bit of the flavour or cook with it and usually have a small glass of it once or twice a month on a Friday night to unwind and relax after a meal.

07-09-2009   #7 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
Well coffee wine and beer are all bitter.
I believe people like them cause they found something more bitter than their own life >.<
(That's what some people told me)
Yes. This is exactly it. I drink coffee because there's not nearly enough bitterness in my life, and I see fit to add some with a BEVERAGE.

Hng.

07-09-2009   #8 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

If beer actually tastes good to anyone, it's an aquired taste. People usually just drink it to get drunk, that's it. Wine is definitely an aquired taste, it takes some getting used to, especially if you're younger. If you really want to drink alcohol, go try some coolers. In some places, depending on the alcohol content (usually 0.5%, I think, so you'd be hardpressed to even get a buzz from that), minors are allowed to buy coolers.

07-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

Like what IEatGarbage said, you'll have to get used to beer before you actually like it, I think.
I tried wine and took shots before, and it tasted like medicine to me. But each time you try it, it'll gradually becomes better and better. o-o

07-09-2009   #10 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

It's an acquired taste.

07-09-2009   #11 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

I hate bitter beer and wine as well. I go for sweeter red wines, and occasionally, fruity beers (eg. Timmermans).

The nice thing about a few glasses of wine, is that it won't make you flat out drunk (well, depending on your tolerance); you'll just get to that euphoric state of being perfectly aware of everything, but at the same time slightly light headed, relaxed..and happy (if that makes any sense).

It's the nature of my circuitry.

07-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
It's an acquired taste.
This. I don't know anyone who liked it their first time (myself included). For the first few times you're just doing it to be social - you don't really do it for the taste. Somewhere along the lines, however, you find that you now appreciate the taste of a good brew or glass of wine.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

07-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
Ken
本来无一物,何处惹尘埃,问世间有几多爱 ღ 陈冠希
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCross Fire
Awards Facebook Fan

Ken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Ken
IGN: LoveKen
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: Lay low
Guild: Exorcist
Xfire: Xfire sucks

im underage for wine+beer~:X...liked wine, beer's okay too

07-10-2009   #14 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried wine before, and if I remember right, I didn't care for it at all. Tasted like butter, sort of. >=x
Too underage for beer, and parents don't drink it either... so no.

07-10-2009   #15 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

if you start drinking beer you have to make a choice: the first is "don't care", the second is "beer snob"

there is a sizeable population of people out there who will judge character on the type of beer a person prefers to quaff, and they honestly believe that thier social standing in the human race is proportional to how much money they spend on ales

these people are complete morons btw, I love my Natural Light

07-10-2009   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Sanctus has a spectacular aura aboutSanctus has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Syora

Rum & Coke is pure awsomeness.
On my first drink of it I was like " OMG! Where have you been hiding my entire life? =D"

07-10-2009   #17 (permalink)
Posting once a year.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineMapleStoryDungeon Fighter OnlineLa Tale
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Yoruhime has a spectacular aura aboutYoruhime has a spectacular aura about
Level: - ∞
Guild: FrenchBread

To me, it doesn't taste "good". Instead, I like those beer cans where the alcohol percent is very little.
I'm pretty much the same as you. I don't like red wine. It tastes funny. Never force yourself to drink it fast either (I did that to finish the wine quickly before leaving). If I had to drink, I would choose white wine though; I think it's a bit sweeter.

07-11-2009   #18 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Beer + Zapple [Forgotten the spelling] is nice

Mix beer with other soft drinks so they taste better
since beer is cheap.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

07-11-2009   #19 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
This. I don't know anyone who liked it their first time (myself included). For the first few times you're just doing it to be social - you don't really do it for the taste. Somewhere along the lines, however, you find that you now appreciate the taste of a good brew or glass of wine.
Exactly. Start with something light like Corona...lol

07-11-2009   #20 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

If you want to practice, go to Germany.