Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default Cleaning meat sauce/spaghetti sauce from bowls/plates? @_@

I always have the pain after eating something that has gobs of meat sauce/spaghetti sauce to clean it. Once I start cleaning, the sauce gets all slimey and greasy, along with whatever I cleaned it with to have unsightly meat stains. Usually on rags/my handheld soap scrubber.

Remedy pl0x?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-05-2009   #2 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

if it happens to be white
try bleach?

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/tomatosauce
http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/cloth...iments-stains/

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

Last edited by kag; 06-05-2009 at 04:27 AM.

06-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

A good thing to try is to let it soak for a bit. Fill whatever you're cleaning with water, and maybe put a bit of your cleaning stuff in it (Dawn dish detergent stuff is what I use). Let it sit for a while, then come back to clean it. Pour out some of the water when you do, but not all of it. Then just scrub the stuff, making sure that what you're scrubbing is still under the water. Stuff comes off better in the water, its the same concept as baths/showers. :V

06-10-2009   #4 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerTHE CHAMP

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

yeah i just fill it up with water and let it sit there put like a drop of dawn and come back in a while

06-10-2009   #5 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

My moom puts it through a dishwasher or washing machine/dryer.

SIESTA SISTERS~

06-10-2009   #6 (permalink)
Go Canada!

Zephy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zephy
IGN: Zephy
Guild: My Harem, [JW]

Try scrubbing harder and repeatedly. That usually works for me.

Thanks to Shnao for the siggy and avatar

06-10-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Hypocrisy will become famous soon enoughHypocrisy will become famous soon enough
IGN: Hypocrisy
Class: Knight
Level: 70+70+6x
Guild: Ti$$tans

Tell them to not leave alotta leftover food in their bowls, and to fill it with water+soap after they put it in the sink. I mean, they're gonna wash their hands after they eat anyways, might as well tell them to left the soap and water fall into their bowl.

The sister goes apesh** when I leave leftover food in my bowl, and throws the whole bowl in the trash. xD

06-15-2009   #8 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

What about the stain on the rag/scrubbers afterwards? T.T;

06-15-2009   #9 (permalink)
/OREYA!
Games
MabinogiLeague of LegendsSudden AttackScions of Fate

n00bE is on a distinguished road
IGN: n00bE
Class: Loli
Level: 3.14159265
Guild: Trolls

I just rinse the bowl over hot water then I put some Dawn on it and scrub with a sponge. The sponge can be easily cleaned by soaking and squeezing.

06-15-2009   #10 (permalink)
i dont even...

Azix has a spectacular aura aboutAzix has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Azix
IGN: Azix
Class: Elven Archer lu_arien
Level: 80
Guild: Invasion

Fill your sink with hot soap water.

You could always try buying a scrubber, I use a rectangular green one similar to this one. I hear the metal ones can scratch though.

Then just use your sponge once there is no more sauce on your plate to clean it.

06-19-2009   #11 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
What about the stain on the rag/scrubbers afterwards? T.T;
You have to replace them at some point anyway. Just make sure there's no actual food residue stuck to them when you're finished. Stains on the rag/sponge/etc. aren't going to dirty your other dishes.

07-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

duelz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypocrisy
Tell them to not leave alotta leftover food in their bowls, and to fill it with water+soap after they put it in the sink. I mean, they're gonna wash their hands after they eat anyways, might as well tell them to left the soap and water fall into their bowl.

The sister goes apesh** when I leave leftover food in my bowl, and throws the whole bowl in the trash. xD
That's what I always do haha xD
Or scrub the sauce into a plastic bag or bin before you wash it :x

07-28-2009   #13 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

OOOH, i know great remedies for this..

First of all, never put anything with tomato sauce in a plastic container as the plastic is porous enough to actually absorb some of the oils. Also, never use tomato sauce in anything with scratches in it.. like, a container that you used a steel scrubbie in.

If you must use it in plastic, when you go to clean it, slightly dampen the sponge/rag/whatever and put straight dish soap in the container and scrub vigorously with just the soap and the tiny bit of water. for some reason, this helps to pull out the oils. Also, try to clean the dish immediately after you're done using (as you should with any dish, but we all know that that doesnt always happen *looks at sink and sees a pile of dishes*)