Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-18-2008   #61 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarice
I can't really cook well. I'm 12, 13 tomorrow, so I never really had to cook, but meh. I can cook breakfast foods...that's basically it. And I merge really weird things that don't actually require the stove/oven/microwave.

I can cook...

-Rice w. onions thrown randomly in for no reason.
-Noodles (Spaghetti)
-Instant Noodles durr.
-Scrambled Eggs
-Sunny Side Up Eggs (soft-boiled eggs)
-Hard Boiled Eggs

Since this is a recipe thread, I'll make a recipe consisting of things everyone probably knows how to make.

EPIC BREAKFAST
Spicy Sunny Side Up Eggs, Fruit Salad

Ingredients:

Eggs
Strawberries
Blueberries (optional??)
Grapes
No Apples
Epicness
Pepper
Other Spices

hurr.

1. Get eggs, a stove, and a pan. And PAM spray so the eggs are easier to flip. Set stove to Medium (but my stove is fail so ionno??) wait a short while, crack 2 eggs, wait.

2. When pan starts to sizzle and the bottom solidifies, flip, don't fail, wait.

3. Turn off stove after a minute or so. If you wait too long, it defeats the purpose of a Sunny Side Up egg, because the yolk solidifies and it's weird to eat.

4. ADD PEPPARZ AND SPICEZZ.

5. Collect 3-4 strawberries, 12-15 grapes, and some blueberries. Gather everything but the former into a bowl; the former you will chop into pieces and then add to the bowl.

6. Get Orange Juice.

7. Don't get salmonella.

8. Profit??
As a breakfast standard, some kind of wheat-based item and another protein maybe would be nice. Get some toast or a waffle(really nice with those fruits) and maybe put in sausages.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-18-2008   #62 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Avarice is on a distinguished road
IGN: Ricecake
Class: Temple Knight lt_templar
Level: 5x
Guild: Debaters

Forgot about the toast. I do include toast. But you don't cook toast, so @_@

Avarice, AKA ByakuyaZ.

07-18-2008   #63 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarice
Forgot about the toast. I do include toast. But you don't cook toast, so @_@
Well true, but it's still a component in the meal. Anything small that'd make the dish better should definitely be included.

07-30-2008   #64 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Double-post/Bump?

Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi (serves 4)
Ingredients
2lb 4oz Fresh spinach with the tough stems removed
1 1/2 Cups of Ricotta cheese
1 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
3 eggs, lightly beaten
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
~1 Cup all-purpose flour (extra for dusting)
Salt and Pepper

[for Herb Butter]
1 stick unsalted butter
2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
2 tbsp chopped fresh sage

Directions
1) Wash spinach, then place in a pan with just the water that clings to its leaves. Cover and cook over lo wheat for 6-8 minutes, or until just wilted. Drain well and set aside to cool.
2) Squeeze or press out as much liquid as possible from the spinach, then chop finely or process in a food processor or a blender. Put the spinach in a bowl and add the ricotta cheese, half the Parmesan cheese, the eggs, and nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper. Beat until thoroughly combined. sift in the flour and lightly work it into the mixture, adding more, if necessary, to make a workable mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.

3) With floured hands, break off small pieces of the mixture and roll into walnut-size balls. Handle as little as possible, as they are quite delicate. Lightly dust the gnocchi with flour.

4) Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they rise to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon, then drain well and set aside.

5) Meanwhile, melt the butter for the herb butter in a large, heavy-bottom skillet over low heat. Add the oregano and sage and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the gnocchi and toss gently for 1 minute to coat. Transfer to a warmed serving dish, then sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.

08-01-2008   #65 (permalink)
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Solemn is on a distinguished road

INGREDIENTS

* 8 medium red potatoes, scrubbed
* 1 pound clams in shell, scrubbed
* 1 pound mussels, cleaned and debearded
* 1/2 pound unpeeled large shrimp
* 1 (48 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
* 1/4 cup dry vermouth (optional)
* 3/4 cup butter, divided
* 1 loaf French bread

* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box
My folders:
* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
* add a personal note Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS

1. Place a potatoes in a layer in the bottom of a large pot. Cover with a layer of clams, then mussels, and finally the shrimp. Pour in the vermouth and enough chicken broth to fill the pot halfway. You may not need all of the broth, depending on the size of your pot. Cut half of the butter into cubes and place on top of the seafood. Cover with a lid, and seal tightly with aluminum foil.
2. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium-low heat for 45 minutes. Remove from the heat, and carefully remove the foil and lid. Remove the seafood and potatoes from the liquid to serve. Melt 1/2 remaining butter, and divide into 4 individual dishes for dipping. Serve with the rest of the butter and French bread.

-Taken from AllRecipes

It sounds delicious, doesn't it?

08-19-2008   #66 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

StudyPunkRockism is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to StudyPunkRockism

Easy tequila lime marinade (created by me!):

2 large shallots, peeled & chopped
1 piece of fresh ginger (2"), peeled & chopped
4 garlic cloves, smashed
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lime juice, fresher = better
2 tbsp sugar
1 oz tequila gold
---
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup peanut oil (use canola oil if allergic to nuts)
---
1/4 tsp black pepper, ground coarsely

Combine first group of ingredients (above the first dashed line) in a blender until smooth. Add the second group and blend until combined. Seaon with black pepper to taste. Store in an air-tight jar. (one batch has lasted me over 6 months and was still good)

This marinade works best with chicken, but can go well with most meats, like turkey, duck, pork, shrimp, or other seafood.

08-19-2008   #67 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Freyalise is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Freyalise Send a message via MSN to Freyalise
Class: :V to_fox

So, I dug our old blender out of storage the other day.

Ice + Frozen Yogurt + Fruit (I'd stay away from anything too acidic, though) = delicious smoothies
And know the place for the first time.

BLOG WILL BE UPDATED SOMETIME. MAYBE.

08-19-2008   #68 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Well, sometimes you'll just have to depending on your experiences in cooking. And it won't hurt much if you're trying something interesting, perhaps you might just find the hidden combination 8D

I was making Shepard's Pie once, when I just decided to add in chili powder for the mash potato crust no apparent reason... Apparently I din't try this out before, but it came out all well... .-.

Use your imagination! Use different ingredients! See that can of campbell soup saying USE ONE CAN OF WATER AND MIX WELL? Well don't! Using milk instead would make it taste better anyway 8D

LET YOUR TASTE BUDS LIVE AGAIN

This is Kyuubey

08-21-2008   #69 (permalink)
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Solemn is on a distinguished road

Wow, I just had the strangest "cooking" craving, and it turned out to be delicious. I suddenly wanted sausage and melted cheese. Yum. :] It's actually pretty filling and tasty if you have some decent meat and cheese in your refrigerator.

There's always Italian sausage or raw hot dogs in my fridge and a whole load of cheese near the front that we never use, so whenever I'm hungry, this is a nice snack. Just take out the meat you have and chop it up however you'd like (i.e. thin slices, thick cubes, etc. unless it is already chopped up). Put that meat in an appropriately-sized bowl, and set it aside.

Next, it's time to shred some cheese. If you don't have a shredder at home, cutting the cheese (pardon the pun) is fine as well. (Pre-shredded/sliced cheese is even better!) Throw that in with the meat.

Pop the bowl in the microwave for about a minute, and voila! You've got yourself a warm, cheesy, meaty snack that's bursting with flavor.

08-25-2008   #70 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

o: Cheesy Sausage... I do that with tortilla chips. :3 Yummy but the cheese produces oil... stuff. x.o;

Hm... a few days ago I made some cracker spread.

Cream cheese
a little bit of dill pickle dip (very little)
green onion

^ blend or whatever together

spread on crackers

09-02-2008   #71 (permalink)
♥本鄉奏多♥

Lintu is on a distinguished road

=O What a nice thread!

Okie; here is one very very simple recipe.

Apple Soup

Is good for: If you have old apples left that no one wants to eat, you could make apple soup of them.
Or, if the apple is too sour, you could also use this recipe to eat them. =>

I tend to make it myself at later night, when I become hungry but doesnt want to eat any snacks or cookies since they arn't too healthy.

You heat up water and then you take an apple, and take off the fruit skin.
The you slice the apple in smaller pieces. Then boil them in the water in about 6-8 min.

And then it's done! =>

10-20-2008   #72 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

nightdecay is on a distinguished road
IGN: IEuni
Class: Soul Master to_soulmaster
Level: 16X
Guild: PaperWings

oh cool.. i can cook some of these at home.. thanks.

10-21-2008   #73 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

this is a bit of a streach from a recipe and more for those that stick to basics.... AND, its but only a tip..

If you ever buy the frozen chicken cheese steaks from the rocery store, and you find that its too dry.. heres a tip to help add some moisture back into it.

Cook steak-um (yes, i use steak-um's brand at home, but started doing this at a sub shop i worked at for 9 years kekeke) until almost finished, then add del sliced turkey or chicken to it, and hop up better while it finishes cooking. If done correctly, your chicken steak will be fully cooked and your deli meat will be only cooked enough to heat up but still retain the moisture..

Yum yum yum.....

10-23-2008   #74 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Lilica's cheap and quick beef curry stir fry
Ingredients:
Cubed beef
Diced Garlic
Diced Onions
Curry Powder
Fish Sauce
Siracha Hot Sauce

First pour some oil into the pan
Then Add in the garlic
Once the garlic are brown we add the onions
Then add in the beef and add Fish Sauce
Then after the beef is rare add curry powder
then add the hot sauce and stir until done

Time to make it 15 mins

01-03-2009   #75 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

This thread needs moar.
Quote:
butternut squash soup
ingredients:
  1. 2t butter
  2. 1 small onion, chopped
  3. 1 stalk of celery, chopped
  4. 1 med. Carrot, chopped
  5. 2 med. Potatoes, cubed
  6. 1 med. Butternut squash; peeled, seeded, cubed
  7. 32oz chicken stock
  8. salt + pepper
  9. optional: Sour cream and bacon
(might also want to add ground ground cinnamon and nutmeg, minced garlic, or curry powder depending on taste.)

directions:
melt butter in a large pot, and cook the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, and squash for 5 minutes or until brown. Pour in enough stock to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until tender.

Transfer to blender and blend until smooth. Return to pot and add stock to desired consistency. Follow by seasoning with salt and pepper.

Enjoy this warm, creamy soup for the cold winter nights!
Quote:
easy morning burrito (super-easy)
ingredients:
  1. chorizo
  2. your favorite hot sauce
  3. some potatoes, into small pieces*
  4. red bell peppers (green can be substituted, but red has a sweeter taste; or use both!), into small pieces *
  5. eggs, beated
  6. salt and pepper
  7. optional: warm tortillas
*it's the morning! You shouldn't be worrying about how you cut your vegetables.

directions:
in an frying pan, heat up chorizo until broken down and you can see some of the fats melted out (it'll look like oil). Add the potatoes, bell peppers, and hot sauce (to taste).
*[at the same time, have a second pan ready for scrambling eggs.] beat eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper. Scramble eggs in the pan. Once done, add the eggs to the chorizo mixture and incorporate the eggs until everything turns a nice reddish color. Serve on warm tortillas and wrap into a burrito if desired.

*i like keeping them separate. If you don't like dishes, feel free to cook the eggs in the chorizo and vegetables.

Last edited by kuyaBaka; 01-03-2009 at 09:55 PM.

01-07-2009   #76 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

I ish taking culinary classes in school?

01-07-2009   #77 (permalink)
Banned

gabriel03758 is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm I can make cereal xD
Jkjk, I like to cook, I might put up a recipe for some Spanish food.... Right now, I g2g xD

01-07-2009   #78 (permalink)
LolWut?

TehAwesomo is on a distinguished road

I really gotta learn how to cook *reads everything*.

01-07-2009   #79 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehAwesomo
I really gotta learn how to cook *reads everything*.
Bake a cookie.
Simple and sweet.

Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe : Food Network Kitchens : Food Network
Quote:
Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
* 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips, or chunks
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon fine salt

Directions:
Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. (on convection setting if you have it.) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)

Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. (Alternatively melt in a small saucepan.) Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.

Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.

Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.

Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.

01-09-2009   #80 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Jokerz has a spectacular aura aboutJokerz has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Dare
Class: Xbowman, DK, combat alch.

Er... Does anyone want my Jollof Rice recipe? *twiddles thumbs*