Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-11-2011   #1 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of
Default Fried Bugs

well, in some countries of the world, they do serve things like fried tarantula, fried scorpions and as well as many types of fried insects like crickets, beetles etc and even things like fried starfishes and seahorses.

I've not tried any of them yet, but how many here have? what does it taste like and do you like it?

and oh yeah there were also chocolate covered ones too if I'm not wrong.

Last edited by Bolter; 11-11-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-12-2011   #2 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I'm extremely terrified of insects and spiders, so I don't think I'd ever eat something like that. As for starfishes, seahorses and scorpions, I haven't tried either. >:

11-12-2011   #3 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Back in the countryside before I became a vegetarian, we ate cooked snakes, beetles and other insects~

Can't remember how they taste like though. All I remember are very hairy legs getting stuck between your teeth >_> The older guys seem to love it though.

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

11-12-2011   #4 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
Back in the countryside before I became a vegetarian, we ate cooked snakes, beetles and other insects~.
You forgot about snails and cats, dood!

11-12-2011   #5 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven
You forgot about snails and cats, dood!
Oh yeah! Snails~ And centipedes, and lizards~

I never ate cats >_>

11-12-2011   #6 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

I've been wondering this too. If I ever get the opportunity I'll try some. If you're curious you can get some edible insects here.

11-12-2011   #7 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

There's this place that I pass by on my way up and down from college to home every break that sells beetles, crickets, and scorpions inside caramel, chocolate, and lollipops. I remember having a school trip up to San Jose one time in the 7th grade and we stopped by this place to get some gas and everyone bought those candies, me included.

It didn't taste bad. I mean, it was coated in heavy layers of sugar. Biting into it, there's a nice crunch. The thing is that you chew it and all the pieces and stuff go everywhere in your mouth. Then you start grinding all the stuff down and it feels like you're eating sugary sawdust.

On the topic of eating bugs, I've always fancied the thought of eating beetles and grubs and stuff after watching Lion King for the first time. Those damn bugs Timon and Pumba ate looked so yummy-- hell, I watched the 3D one when it came out like 2 months ago and still wanted to eat bugs after watch that.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

11-12-2011   #8 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

well I heard that fried tarantula tasted like soft-shelled crab and fried beetles tasted like fried scallops though

and yea, I've heard of people eating pigeons, cats, dogs and snakes yes

I've even heard of people eating roaches...

Last edited by Bolter; 11-12-2011 at 08:40 PM.

11-12-2011   #9 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolter
well I heard that fried tarantula tasted like soft-shelled crab and fried beetles tasted like fried scallops though

and yea, I've heard of people eating pigeons, cats, dogs and snakes yes

I've even heard of people eating roaches...
I've personally had pigeon, its not all that bad. A bit chewy otherwise ok.

11-16-2011   #10 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award

AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots

Oh I had pigeon too, and rabbits.
But as for insects..I don't know if I could bare the thought or the feeling of them in my mouth. instant throw up probably.. But I wonder what they taste like..

11-16-2011   #11 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Quote:
And centipedes
Good god, how do you eat those nasty things? They're poisonous! I stamp those ****ers out whenever I see one. Flattened. With my foot.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

11-16-2011   #12 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
But I wonder what they taste like..
They taste like unseasoned turkey meat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
Good god, how do you eat those nasty things? They're poisonous! I stamp those ****ers out whenever I see one. Flattened. With my foot.
Don't knock it till you try.....on second though, knock away. I didn't like it when I tried it neither. Those damn legs keep getting stuck between your teeth.

11-16-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
AllodsCosmic BreakCTRacerDragon Nest

TheGazettE has a spectacular aura aboutTheGazettE has a spectacular aura about

ive had fried buttered crickets..theyre..crunchy and weird tasting~

11-16-2011   #14 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
why not? after we had fried tarantula and scorpions too which are also toxic

11-16-2011   #15 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
They taste like unseasoned turkey meat...
So.. if they seasoned the bugs they would taste like seasoned turkey meat pretty much right..

11-16-2011   #16 (permalink)
Eat.Sleep.Rave.Repeat.
Games
Grand ChaseLuna OnlineKingdom of LoathingTrickster Online

Lala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant futureLala has a brilliant future
IGN: Étoilée
Level: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaSyami
So.. if they seasoned the bugs they would taste like seasoned turkey meat pretty much right..
I'll stick with actual seasoned turkey, thanks.

I definitely could not eat bugs. Those kinds of things are meant to happen by accident (like a fruit fly flying in your mouth) not on purpose. I think I'd pass out with any kind of giant spider on my plate, regardless of dead or alive.

11-16-2011   #17 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidLatte
I think I'd pass out with any kind of giant spider on my plate, regardless of dead or alive.
I don't think I could handle knowing any of those things are in my mouth, but I think the smaller things/bugs ect. would make me more nauseous because they're like..idk roaches eww.. i'd freakn throw up and probably not eat for some days LOL
Sigh.. now thanks giving is coming up.. Gonna be akward to eat turkey :c

11-16-2011   #18 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I'll eat basically whatever as long as it smells good and you don't tell me what's "really" in it. I'm not really picky :v

11-17-2011   #19 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

silk worm cocoons. yum.