ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   FlyFF (http://ggftw.com/forum/flyff/)
-   -   Flyff (http://ggftw.com/forum/flyff/315-flyff.html)

KuroKoden 06-17-2008 09:42 PM

Flyff

::: Flyff ::: Fly For Fun !!

Storyline - In the beginning, five beings of unlimited power saw fit to create a world. They gathered bits of themselves and, walking amongst the stars, created a world devoid of fear, of hate, and of danger.

They created the land known as Roika.

When they had finished, they looked upon their world and felt that it was somehow incomplete. Until, from amongst the trees, stepped the curiosity-driven Humans and, from high in the mountains and deep underground, came the mighty Dwarpets. The Gods nodded in quiet approval sensing that their world was now seemed perfect.

That land, long since lost, enjoyed the peace and tranquility of a true Utopia.

For generations the five creators of Roika smiled gracefully upon their work. Doting on their creations like proud parents, they watched as Mankind grew into a species of thoughtful philosophers, loving care-givers, and brilliant scholars. The Gods pushed stars across the night sky to illuminate the pearlescent cities of the Dwarpets and danced through the heavens to the thumping rhythms of their songs. Then, without warning, they decided to leave.

Before they left they did two things.

They passed all of their secrets to the Dwarpets, certain that they alone possessed strength enough to protect them.

And they created the Goddess Rhisis, to watch over Roika and all the life on it.

For a time, things were good. But alone on a planet she barely knew, Rhisis felt the need to create life of her own. She created three beings; and put into each of them an aspect of herself.

Bubble was the kindness of Rhisis, her love for the beings that created her and the love of the life that those beings had created. Iblis was the apathy of Rhisis, her indifference towards Roika, and her lack of care for what would happen if she were to leave. Shade was the hate of Rhisis, her shame at being left behind, her fear of being trapped with beings that could never understand her.

The destruction of Roika began with hate.

Shade, in an attempt to destroy all life on Roika, moved everyone to a small corner of the world and, using nearly all the power available to her, separated it and set it adrift in the great sea that covered the world. The Humans ran to the Dwarpets and, with their help, built caves, cities, and mines, to protect themselves. Shade realized that life had not ended as she had hoped and forced her way into the minds of the Dwarpets, stealing the Gods. secrets and destroying most of the Dwarpets in the process.

Shade created the race of creatures known as Masquerpets to destroy anyone who remained in her way.

Bubble, hearing the cries of the humans, struck at the small continent, scattering the Masquerpets and splitting the land into four pieces.

Iblis watched, doing nothing, saying nothing. Her left eye, blue in color, sparkled like a child's, while her right eye, violet as a winter's dusk, gazed into the nothingness beyond the world.

The remaining Humans armed themselves, ready to face the threat of the Masquerpets and to someday stand against the Goddess Shade herself...

Starting out - You start out as the character class Vagrant, everyone in the game starts as one. Then at level 15 you have the choice of getting a new job of which there is the choice of 4.

Mercenary who uses swords or axes for close combat.

Magician who uses magical attacks to kill enemies

Assist who can heal other players or give them abilities to get stronger and faster

Acrobat who has ranged attacks using bows and Yo-yos

Depending on the class that you choose to become at level 15 will change the way you play and fight a lot. But from level 15 you also have to look towards your second class as each of the 4 above splits off in to 2 more classes and everything you do levelling up your character and abilities will effect the final class you choose.

The best feature of your skills is that they doesn't level up with your character level, they level up the more you use them, so spells or skills you use all the time will become very strong where as ones that you never use will stay low level. This means that you can have a very different set of skills to another person in the same class as you.

Now to the flying, straight away you will see people zooming around over head and want to join them, but you must work for it, you can't fly till you are level 20 which is probably a fair few hours of game play. Then depending on your money situation in game you can buy a Broom or a Hoverboard, the more you pay the faster the Broom or Board will be. So get saving straight away as it's at least 3-4 times faster than walking.

There is a lot more to be said about this game. (But I am too lazy to post it all)

Give you loveing support and help make this grow and get its own Sub-Fourm!

kuyaBaka 06-17-2008 09:46 PM

You also have to say that leveling is a horrible grind.
Later on you -must- have an Assist around, and when you party, you're actually not in a party. It's just you and your assist/partner. ,___,
Other than that, it's a cash sink with it's cash shop.

I loved the old skill-leveling method of using the skill to level it up. Now it's just bad with the skill points. ._.

Kudaranai 06-17-2008 09:47 PM

I liked the old skill lvling method too *spams skill*

kuyaBaka 06-17-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudaranai (Post 2692)
I liked the old skill lvling method too *spams skill*

AFKing your cleric in that one city with something holding down your Heal-key. 8D

Torikakae 06-18-2008 12:07 AM

Flyff gave me my patience to grind. I'm an old fashioned high-leveled INT Psykeeper in the PH server (INT Psykeepers are THE SLOWEST levelers in the game).

Too many Bow Jesters in the game~

Toribear 06-18-2008 12:26 AM

i quit as a billposter =]

ahhhhh spam asalraalaikum ajdsfahsdjfahsdjah

Leenalia 06-18-2008 01:35 AM

I got to Psykeeper and I quit. Then the arrival of the Hero outfit came and I cried. 60 more levels to level 120. Still, someday when I'm bored with GC I will go back to FlyFF. I still loved that game and hope that there will be a sub-forum for it.

Kudaranai 06-18-2008 01:37 AM

Oh I got a Ranger ;o

Leenalia 06-18-2008 01:44 AM

Rangers ftw!

Torikakae 06-18-2008 05:50 AM

Rangers are a rare sight since most Acrobats go Bow Jester~

kuyaBaka 06-18-2008 08:27 AM

I ... made a Bow Jester ...
Then I soon quit it because spamming skills is waay more fun.

My main was an Assist. I liked following Billposters around healing them, but it did get pretty boring.

Leenalia 06-18-2008 09:56 AM

I loved the level 90 Ranger set *drools*

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 09:59 AM

Lol, I haven't tried this game @_@;;

Recommend? Lol, I suck at grinding, TO has spoiled me D;

Toribear 06-18-2008 10:00 AM

lulululul assalraalaikum

i don't know how i remember it ;_:

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 10:02 AM

Lolol@ Tori telling me not to play it ^^;;

Toribear 06-18-2008 10:05 AM

im giving him all the bad stuffs that's goign to happen if he starts ;;_;

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 10:16 AM

Tell me the good?

Toribear 06-18-2008 10:22 AM

does flying counts as good? ;_;

Petro 06-18-2008 10:51 AM

I stayed with this game for about a week, then I quit. I was really looking forward to flying at level 15(or was it 20, can't remember), and then when i got my board it was slow as heck, i quit after that. Q_Q

Amanda 06-18-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro (Post 4150)
I stayed with this game for about a week, then I quit. I was really looking forward to flying at level 15(or was it 20, can't remember), and then when i got my board it was slow as heck, i quit after that. Q_Q

Zomg same lulz, except I got to like..4x or something, I leveled fast when sum nerd thought I was gonna cyber with him if he leveled me >.>