ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   «Firefly» (http://ggftw.com/forum/firefly/)
-   -   «Important Announcement» To all new members yet to get a title/VIP status (http://ggftw.com/forum/firefly/120207-important-announcement-all-new-members-yet-get-title-vip-status.html)

Cait 01-12-2013 11:39 AM

«Important Announcement» To all new members yet to get a title/VIP status

It has come to my attention that scammers / potential scammers are working their way into our guilds ingame.

The question is, how do we combat this? Especially when people who get scammed rarely take screenshots...

Unless someone has a better suggestion, we shall combat it the way we did in 2009, when scammers were rampart then as well.

By enforcing the guild rule of "Talk to us".

Our guilds are social guilds. That's it. We talk to each other. We make friends with our guildmates.

If you don't talk or if you WON'T talk, you are NOT allowed.

If you WANT to talk, but are SHY, please get with Cait/Saka/Staff, we can help you.

How to tell if you are considered [P]/VIP AKA "friend":

-Noone is allowed to have a title until they have earned [P] (Potential to be VIP) or [Member] (VIP)

-Everyone new in the past 3 months is going to have their title wiped, and can have it back if you ask for it, and are a [P] or higher. This is not to punish you, but to help weed out the people who got titles and weren't [P] yet.

-Ask for your title back here, in this post, or send a mail to Caiterz.

How to get [P]/VIP
*Talk to us a lot.
*Say Hi when you log in
*Say Hi to others when they log in
*Play regularly

Anyone who is not [P]/VIP by Jan 19th WILL BE BOOTED. (You can come back if you think you can do a better job at being our friend. BUT NO WHINING ABOUT BEING BOOTED!)

DRAMA

Also - Anyone that is found to be STARTING, or CONTRIBUTING to drama or drama-related issues (Such as being mean or talking without TACT) will be given 1 chance to redeem themselves. If they cause drama again, you are booted.

We are keeping track.

Remember it takes 1 person to be mean, but 2 people to make drama. Don't be the person that turns it INTO drama.

When in doubt, Screenshot the mean person, and report then to the GMs and guild staff

SakataKun 01-12-2013 12:02 PM

I totally agree with this. If you don't talk we gonna have to kick you. The less you talk. And te more you ask. Means you are suspicious to me. If you are shy. I get it. But please contact me so i can help you.

amderrsom 01-17-2013 07:03 AM

i dont know what are scammers,but dont forget the fact that my main computer dont have internet D:
also,i miss you guys so much ;-; i sob every time i look at my wallpaper (its a trickster wallpaper)

Cait 01-17-2013 07:12 PM

Scammers = people that steal from others :'(

Grayz 01-17-2013 08:10 PM

*invades*

Watch out guys; a [Danger] is approaching:py35:

Cait 01-18-2013 08:09 PM

A mareep? xD

InfernalGuy 01-19-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cait (Post 1798978)
Scammers = people that swindle stuff from others :'(

Fixed it for you ^^

Cait 01-20-2013 04:55 PM

True! But I guess if you logged onto someones account without their permission, (Ie: hacking w/ keylogger or etc) and took their items it'd be stealing..

but i guess that'd make you a hacker, not a scammer.

*rubs her invisible beard* innnnteresting