Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-24-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 100(rTO) 271(eTO)
Guild: None (rTO) «Firefly»«Serenity» (eTO)
Xfire: Caiternoodle
Exclamation «A Deep Word With Caiterz»

Okay, This topic is for "A deep word with Cait" which here's what you do.

Ask a question... about ANYTHING! The guild, life, Pizza, ANYTHING.. And Caiterz will write a deep word about it.

Since we have no questions so far, I will start.

«A Deep Word With Caiterz» on Firefly/Serenity's Purpose

One of the things I'm most proud of in my life (and it's sad I know) but is having the top guild in Trickster. IRL I am very shy and submissive. I'm afraid to speak up. I'm afraid to even say "HI" to people. You'd never know it from how I am online. :P But it's true.

It's not about the guild points. Some people think it is. To heck with the points! That's just a bonus.

For me.. it's about many things... Like the fact that I can succeed. I'm not a failure at life, despite what my mom screamed at me many times. I can succeed! I can lead! and I'm good at it! I can be dedicated... and love people.. and be loved back. I can contribute to the community, and reap the benefits in happy faces and gratitude.

I actually started counseling for my chest pains a few weeks ago. (They say that because all the tests come back negative that it must be in my head... -_-. I'm going there to appease my doctor.) He asked me what I did with my life now that I'm not working. What did I have look forward to, and what was I most proud of myself of.

I told him about Firefly.

I've had many people come up to me in game and scream "OMG OMG ITS CAITERZ!!! the TOP GUILD LEADER D: I cant believe I'm talking to her!" Whereas.. I find this incredibly funny, it makes me smile... To see people get SO EXCITED. To believe that LITTLE OL WORTHLESS ME can excite someone just by talking to them.. makes me happy. I know in a lot of other games, the top guilds wont talk to anyone, they hate on new people, and are very snooty... I like to break that tradition. I actually prefer the newbies... They are untainted by greed and "ZOMG IT WUZ BETTER IN DA OLD DAEYZ WHEN WE HAED NU QUESTZ AND ALL GRINDINZ"

When i accept people into the guild who are newbies, and we help them and stuff.. they find out we're the top guild, and they just flip out. Which is also heartwarming. I love to let new people have a chance at "being one of the cool kids" I think it helps people stay longer when they think they are special. (And they ARE special!)

However, this does have its downfalls, such as People impersonating me, *COUGH* DanyLucky Kenmat *COUGH* the guild, or etc for scamming others. This makes me sad, but thats why I only talk to others as Caiterz -ON- Caiterz. I don't share my password, and I take care not to get hacked... Also having an incredibly long and complex password helps. I don't want people to get hurt on my accord..

I eagerly awaited the new guild system. Guild storage and emblem? Heck yeaa! I was even hoping for some things, like a "Borrowing" system, Like a timed thing where people could "Check out an item for 24hours, then go back to storage after 24hrs" sort of thing... so I could lend out my uniques... Or even a Guild Alliance system, so I could connect Firefly and Serenity guild chats. The later 2 didn't happen. Oh well. Not a big deal.

So the day finally came. The announcement was leaked a few days before maint. (No idea how, dont ask me!) Excited? CHECK.

Patching went well.. and logged in after a "not too badly extended" maint. No gameguard issues (For once)

Logged in, Tested some stuff with raveny, Got the guild league thing bug-free (for the most part)

There's some vastly game-breaking stuff for me though: (Thoroughly documented in the guild system bug topic) but basically:

-Everyone in the top 3 ranks were defaulted to Submaster. Yes. With the power to buy things with the precious "Guild coins" The power to boot people. The power to make others submasters. Bad move. Serenity guild got all the points used up by a random member. Huge security hole. Still not fixed or addressed.

-The submasters slot is now gone. Now I have to use one of the top 3 ranks for submasters, whereas I used it previously for sorting out people into "Really good friends" and "People we're not sure about yet". Now I cant sort, since they are forcing me to use one of those ranks for Submaster. I do, however, Like the fact I can have more than 4 submasters.

-Any ranks below the 3rd rank are completely and totally 100% useless. You "rank up" by gaining points. But what if you want a title? you have to skip that. Sure this system would work in a guild that rewards you for being active by "giving a title" but for everyone else? It's messed. Everyone is either Title-less, or is in the "VIP" slot, which has access to guild storage.

-Anyone with the guild password (0000) can access the "Setting". I changed mine after this update... But it was still a huge security hole for anyone that hadnt changed it yet. They could make themselves or others submaster this way. (It doesnt help that everyone just about was submaster anyway)

-Guild battle - Doesn't get you coins at all. Or score. Or anything. Unless you go for the 5vs5 Leage Match. And then you only get 1 coin if you loose. It's completely useless right now.

-PVP/GVG in general is useless. All it is, is a "who can hit who first" since everyone OHKOs everyone else.

-Guild score/coins/points is now based upon ONLY GVG. This is what inspired this post in general. Even so, GVGing doesnt increase your points or coins. It's broken, just like so many other aspects of it. Including, while you are IN GVG, you cant change your equips. And when you are in the Guild "Garden" waiting, you cant even see yourself, or access the guild menu. Its horribly cluttered....

At first, when I read the points were reset, i was like OMG! But i took screenshots of the guild scores last night. Why? Because life always pulls this crap on me. Just when I get good at something it's ruined. So I did it as a precaution. But our points were just "Converted" over. Okay, that works. I was really hoping to get to 1,000,000 points, since we were more than 1/2 way there, so that dream ruined. But okay, i guess.

But then i read.. the ONLY way to get more points/coins for Guild STORAGE, increased MEMBERS, guild EMBLEM.. is to GUILD BATTLE.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Why? Because, isn't it obvious? People will just make mule guilds and cheat their way up, rather than being forced to be active.

Why should people that cheat deserve to be "at the top?"

Let's take a look at the rankings, shall we?

How many of the top "Guild battle" guilds are even AROUND anymore? What maybe 2-3? Whereas the ones based upon activity are mostly still active/somewhat around.

We can see from this that GVG isn't popular. There's a reason for this. A couple actually.. "1.) the whole OHKO fest. 2.) CREATES DRAMA"

Now as you prolly know, we like to STAY WAYYY WAYY FAR AWAYYYYYY from drama. No sticks even getting close to it.

and now we are FORCED to battle people, JUST TO GET GUILD STORAGE? We have to go against our peacefull ways and CREATE DRAMA In order just to have basic guild things??? This is absolutely ridiculous. Where is the promotion of peacefull, happy guilds? NOWHERE. This only seems like it's going to promote cheating and bad feelings.

I feel betrayed. I feel a lot like how I felt with Walmart.

Walmart started rewarding people who were lazy. People who literally stood around talking, doing nothing. While the hardworking people get more and more work piled up on them.

Stuff started happening, including management ignoring safety issues. People were getting hurt left and right. The skylights leaked, and they refused to fix them. They actually ANNOUNCED overhead "please watch the floor under the skylights for leaks". I rallyd big time to get those fixed. But they wouldnt.

One day, I was alone in ALL of general merchandise, outside of the fitting room... And i was running around trying to get through my queue of 99 people in 40 different departments, when it WASNT EVEN RAINING and the skylight was leaking. I smoked my knee big time. I limped over to toys to show the guy the piggy banks, and called management. Who didnt come. So i limped around till one walked by, I told them what happened. They didnt care. They didnt ask if i was okay.

they asked me to break company policies over and over, and I was sick of it, and I left. I desperately want to go back though. Back to how it used to be.

I sort of feel like this with Trickster right now. I wasn't even on half of the day.

It feels like the cheaters are going to be rewarded, where the peacekeepers are going to be left in the dust, to only fall to the absolute bottom of the list, just because we wont fight each other.

Again, it's not about the ranking. It's about the people. The tricksters. It's about making newbies feel cool to be apart of something AMAZING in trickster. Now they will just be a part of something that used to be, or be led on by a group of cheaters.

On top of all this, many of my friends still cant even log on because of Gameguard. Again, it feels like innocent, hardworking people are being punished for no reason. We haven't even received an update if they are working on it or not. I'm guessing not.

I'm spoiled by disney movies, being sheltered as a kid, and possibly sailor moon, but I believe in love and justice. Where bad people get their just deserts (Hackers are still everywhere) and people that help out are rewarded. (Even if just in gratitude and recognition)

Feels sort of like the world is falling apart. Online and off.

I'm horrendously bitter right now.

v Bitter Cait.

And I'll prolly get people or a certain someone who seems to love saying irrelivant things anyway... will prolly say for me to shut up and deal with it,

And you know what? That's all I can do. No matter what i say, nothing is going to change.

But y'know what I can do? Complain. It doesn't hurt anything.

I am a woman after all. That's what women do when they aren't in the kitchen making sandwiches.

After the sandwiches are made, we complain. If you dont like it, don't listen. Also, no sandwich4u.

Instead, leave my topic. Cuz there's no benefit from making others feel bad or shooting them down, besides make yourself look like a shaved donkey.

Last edited by Cait; 12-24-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-25-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderland OnlineConquer Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rezenar has disabled reputation

*crais* I want my sammich OnO

*petpet* Don't worry about it, Cait. The world is a huge pile of shit and you shouldn't worry so much about it. If it doesn't care, don't care about it back. Only care for those who, for sure, need the help. That's how I work.

And I know it's not what you really see, but I do have a "trollish-darker" side of me that normally goes off when people think they're all that and a bag of chips and it strongly makes me want to go punch people for being stupid and selfish. It's human nature and it's to be expected.

For the people who would say "shut up and deal with it." NO. Just no. You guys deal with peeps complaining and wanting a better world. Are you guys doing anything about changing the world? Nope. So what gives you the right to tell people to "shut up and deal with it?" If you were helping to change the world, then I'd agree. However, that's not the case. So stop being selfish bastards and if you do have some ****ing BALLS to help change the world, then get your ass off your ****ING chair and HELP. I will REFUSE to hear you guys out UNLESS you have a change of ****ING heart.

Gonna try trolling it up all in my face? Yeah, go ahead. I'll continue coming after your asses cause persistence and karma is surely a *****.

Doll Bases
Dark Lord Rezenar- A Potentate of the Rose

Walk where angels tread.
Dive where demons fled.

Members that tell no lie fascinate people...
To trust people, first you need to doubt them.
(Akiyama Shin'ichi)

12-25-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

amderrsom is on a distinguished road

there's someone in the guild that's missing me?
i'm very lonely because xmas parties...

12-27-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light

:O Whats your IGN? We probably do miss you <3

12-27-2012   #5 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Ah yes, the guild update...

Astro too, was never a GvG/PvP guild. Mainly 'cause everyone (at least most) already knows that I dislike both of them for obvious reasons. Astro is just a place for those to hang out and have fun.

So yeah, new system = all kinds of fudge.

I wish there was a way to keep the guild store (the good part) with keeping with the way of earning of the old (quests, logging on). Or like... earn points and convert them to coins. That would've been a HUGE motivator for me to get off my lazy ass and help earn goodies for Astro. Even at this rate, I'd take a MyShop option of getting Guild coins over the current (really broken) way of earning them. =_=

This is basically a disgrace to the guilds that don't battle and just rather hang out and chat, like the both of us.

But anyway ~ /invadesuninvades

12-27-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

^ *Marries this post*

12-27-2012   #7 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Oh bby 8D~ Let's go somewhere warm for our honeymoon 8D

But yeah. :'D Can we have another Deep Word? :O The topic? FOOD. Any kind of food, darling. <3 (I should get up and fix something, this is why I pointed at food qq;; )

12-31-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

I'll have to elaborate later maybe, but HERE GOES!

Pls note: that I'm not the smartest person in the world, and I may have misinterpreted research that I've done, so take this with a grain of salt plx :3 If you want to correct me, please do so in a constructive and non malicious way, thx <3

Food.. something I've struggled with my entire life, but even more so now that I have a broken stomache.

What is foods purpose?

To nourish the body.

What does that mean? To rip apart the genetic material food we injest... all the cells, all the protons, neutrons, and electrons, the amino acids, etc... of the food... and convert it into usage for our own bodies where our own cells, and amino acids have died or malfunctioned and need replacing.

But Cait! Doesnt this mean that technically we would live forever, if we just replaced what was broken?

Our bodies aren't perfect, you see! Sometimes it messes up..

Let's look at the building blocks of what makes us, us! and helps fix things!

alanine, arginine, asparagine, aspartate, cysteine, glutamate, glutamine, glycine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, proline, serine, threonine, tyrosine, tryptophan, valine

^ all of those are amino acids. Perhaps you are more familiar with these terms:

Thymine Adenine Guanine Cytosine.

Now those 20 amino acids up there, are combined into GROUPS to make these 4 "GROUPS" of amino acids.

These groups are which make up DNA. I'm sure youve all seen DNA.

The groups are held together by a few alternating things. A "five carbon sugar component" and a "phosphate component" (as illustrated)

Well, When we eat our food, It rips apart the food and changes it into those 20 basic acids, groups them together, and helps reform our DNA that needs replaced.

Sometimes, though, it doesnt do it right.. and it will stick a Triangle piece A in a spot B that needs a circle piece.

this is how we die of 'natural causes', our bodies mess up sometimes.

One example in particular I know of is Arsonic. It's a dangerous poison, right?

Well, how does poison work? It kills us? but HOW?

How it works is... Arsonic is VERY similar to another thing we use to replicate. (im not sure off the top of my head what its very similar too, though x_x)

Anyway, so what it does, is it TRICKS our body, sort of. Not intentionally, just how it naturally is.. Since it's so similar to, say, a "Circle", but its an "Oval" that our body goes "OH HEY A CIRCLE, LETS PUT IT WITH A PLACE THAT NEEDS A CIRCLE". whereas, it's an oval.. it doesnt fit.. thus, it causes the issue, it doesnt work anymore, because it doesnt fit 100%.

This is why ALL poisons arent toxic to ALL Creatures.. because if say, a worm doesnt HAVE a "Circle" then being exposed to an "OVAL" isnt going to kill it. (There are worms out there that actually feed off arsenic!)

So when you say something is "Poison" It may only be "Poison" to humans, and not to other things. This is sort of why it's not okay for Dogs/cats to eat chocolate, but okay for humans. Actually, some chocolate has a form of arsenic in it that dogs/cats cant handle, but humans can handle a little bit of it.

and then everything your body has enough of / doesnt want / doesnt care about, you POOP IT OUT

Ok, now as far as foods taste.. I havent done a lot of research on..

But, as animals can see, if it tastes good... Eat it!

But this isn't the case all the time, since you know, some berries may taste or look good, but may be poisonous.

Or like, me trying my "less than 100% of sodium diet".... Ramen tastes good.. sooo ogood.. I could eat like 4 packs of it. But it would have like 9999% of daily sodium in it,and would eventually kill me.

So as far as taste..

I dunno. No deep words here, LOL.

Good food is good *nod*

However, I do notice

that Good food always has loads sodium in it.. and nasty foods dont.

*Cry* :|

Last edited by Cait; 12-31-2012 at 02:56 AM.

12-31-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

[1:30:12 PM] Cait Berry: anyway um
[1:30:16 PM] Cait Berry: I wrote a new "A deep word with cait post"
[1:30:25 PM] Cait Berry: /forum/firefly-seren...d-caiterz.html

Somene give me a new subject to be deep about!
[1:31:31 PM] Darkkety: Mm
[1:31:49 PM] Darkkety: Have you already wrote about relationships?
[1:31:52 PM] Darkkety: *written
[1:33:34 PM] Cait Berry: nope
[1:33:38 PM] Cait Berry: What particular aspect of relationships?
[1:33:59 PM] Darkkety: I' not quite sure.

^ I shall have to do this one eventually.

unles ssomoene has another suggestion

12-31-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderland OnlineConquer Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rezenar has disabled reputation

How to deal with trolls. Or how to deal with people who're horrible at trolling. Cause those kinds of people are irritating and just annoying in general.

...or is that just me? Oh well.

Doll Bases
Dark Lord Rezenar- A Potentate of the Rose

Walk where angels tread.
Dive where demons fled.

Members that tell no lie fascinate people...
To trust people, first you need to doubt them.
(Akiyama Shin'ichi)

01-01-2013   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

I dont have much words on trolls But here goes..

First let's look at why trolls... troll. They want to see a reaction. They want to piss you off.

So.. how to battle them without having admin/mod access to banhammer?
(Since you as a user don't have that option)

And, for mods to ban, we usually communicate together on a private forum about the situation.

So as a user, you can battle them by simply, not appeasing them. Don't call them out on their crap, they will get bored, and eventually leave.

I completely and totally understand your point of view and your issue with trolls and calling themout on thier crap helps you cope... but by calling people things, you gave him what he wanted, something to continue trolling with. So if i were you, I'd just, y'know.. Not do that in the future XD

01-02-2013   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

since i dunno what's ign,i will say that my msn is pedro.pdc@hotmail.com and my facebook profile (which i rarely use) is http://www.facebook.com/anderson.medeiros.3344
waaaaaaaaaaah,i want to play trickster!!!! i will miss the only chance to test fast track ;-;

01-06-2013   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Awards Facebook Fan

SakataKun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to SakataKun Send a message via Skype™ to SakataKun
IGN: MagicianTrunks/SakataKun/
Class: Racoon to_cardmaster
Level: 255
Guild: <<Firefly>>. JOIN US!

How to deal with Saka.
Tips/Secrets and WHO DA HECK IS SAKA?

01-07-2013   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakataKun
How to deal with Saka.
Tips/Secrets and WHO DA HECK IS SAKA?
it's simple,be creepy,happy and random,after that,it will recognize you as the same specie and be your friend!
Saka is a sexy and shiny pokemon that came with a permanent glitch,an ultra sexy missingno ass