ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter Character Types > Fighter Class

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-16-2011   #1 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution
Default PvE

For my new M.Fighter, which class is best suited for PvE? From what Ive gathered, its a toss up between Nen/Brawler. I'd just like a better opinion/view on this.

I'm leaning towards Nen at the moment.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-16-2011   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

If they're similar to Fighters, Nen is the toolbox of PvE.
Though from what I've seen of MFighters, MBrawlers look like disgusting damage in chunks.

12-16-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Nen Master or Brawler. The difference is one is % based damage, while the other is fixed.

Nen Master will be a bit more MP costly because you have to keep Nen Spirals, Tiger Flash, and Stimulating Breath up at all times to maximize your damage output. With Brawler, all you need to do is keep your throwing items in stock, then strengthed net, needle, brick, poison, and things will die.

Nen has a slightly higher damage potential because he does percent based damage. When otherverse monsters and lv70 ancients start screwing you over with high defense, it's easier to gear out a Nen Master to do more damage, because all you have to do is upgrade your weapon (or get a better one) and stack light damage. You have less options to raise a Brawler's fixed damage and status effect damage.

And do you even play this game anymore, dot?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 12-16-2011 at 11:08 PM.

12-16-2011   #4 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

No, I stopped caring after realizing this is a game that caters to kiting and there is zero balance.

12-16-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Funny how you give advice on a game you haven't cared about for years. That's potentially misleading advice...

12-16-2011   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

I was under the assumption no one else played, so under faulty logic I figured having a reply is better than having no reply.

12-17-2011   #7 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Nen Master or Brawler. The difference is one is % based damage, while the other is fixed.
Male Brawler is a mix of fixed damage and percent based damage. Only the throws (net, poison bottle, knives, brick) and explosive hook (initial kick %, explosion fixed) are fixed damage whereas mount, raging vulcan, and venom mine are % based... Oh right, needle spin and ground tackle are also fixed but both give really nasty status effects (moreso needle spin due to the strong bleed). Rather than the damage that the class really dishes out, its the status ailments that really destroy mobs ( my poison does 1k+ damage a tick and lasts a while at lv 45).

Male Brawler is basically a bulldozer up til Aphelia where things get a bit more annoying with more vertical rooms but otherwise is still an easy class to solo as for pve. If you like pvp in the least, they're pretty derpy in pvp as well.

Male Nen on the other hand is also a bulldozer but also pretty poverty in the beginning (brawlers get off better what with poison bottle and explosive hook at the start) but later on basically destroy everything with nen press, tiger feet claw things and other things that I can't remember off the top of my head. My friend plays a male nen and watching him in pve is ridiculous, lol.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-18-2011   #8 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Hi I'm that friend who plays mnen.

With that +12 weapon, it does become pretty ridiculous. I'm 52 and it's been a breeze so far. Nen Cannon -> a few x attacks -> next room.

I tried logging on my necro again, who also has a +12, and even that felt like pve poverty in comparison. `-`

edit: Oh right about MP. It is pretty tight, but I can usually clear most dungeons without using any pots.

Last edited by Fineti; 12-18-2011 at 11:14 AM.

12-18-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

They're both great PvE.
its all really a matter of if you wanna gear your character or not.
MNen for the wealthy, stronger than MBrawler but you need gear to see a big difference in damage cause dat % damage.
MBrawler for the poverty, don't gotta pay much for anything, but endgame(cause dat fixed throws) you arent as strong as the MNen but you're still pretty damn good.

12-20-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Male Brawler is a mix of fixed damage and percent based damage. Only the throws (net, poison bottle, knives, brick) and explosive hook (initial kick %, explosion fixed) are fixed damage whereas mount, raging vulcan, and venom mine are % based... Oh right, needle spin and ground tackle are also fixed but both give really nasty status effects (moreso needle spin due to the strong bleed). Rather than the damage that the class really dishes out, its the status ailments that really destroy mobs ( my poison does 1k+ damage a tick and lasts a while at lv 45).
head. My friend plays a male nen and watching him in pve is ridiculous, lol.
If you want to be technical, no class is purely fixed or percentage. Even FGrappler, the most well known fixed damage class there is, has some % skills like Neck Snap and Suplex. % based classes like Weapon Master and Rogue have some fixed skills like Ashe Fork and Chain Saw Rush.

What matters is what they're more heavily focused on. The skills that matter for MBrawler are all fixed (item throws, needle spin), so they don't need a good weapon.

09-01-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Arika is on a distinguished road

Male brawlers are just... OP