ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Fighter Class (http://ggftw.com/forum/fighter-class/)
-   -   PvE (http://ggftw.com/forum/fighter-class/106231-pve.html)

Zero 12-16-2011 08:47 PM

PvE

For my new M.Fighter, which class is best suited for PvE? From what Ive gathered, its a toss up between Nen/Brawler. I'd just like a better opinion/view on this.

I'm leaning towards Nen at the moment.

Nihil679 12-16-2011 09:52 PM

If they're similar to Fighters, Nen is the toolbox of PvE.
Though from what I've seen of MFighters, MBrawlers look like disgusting damage in chunks.

Shadow5YA 12-16-2011 10:54 PM

Nen Master or Brawler. The difference is one is % based damage, while the other is fixed.

Nen Master will be a bit more MP costly because you have to keep Nen Spirals, Tiger Flash, and Stimulating Breath up at all times to maximize your damage output. With Brawler, all you need to do is keep your throwing items in stock, then strengthed net, needle, brick, poison, and things will die.

Nen has a slightly higher damage potential because he does percent based damage. When otherverse monsters and lv70 ancients start screwing you over with high defense, it's easier to gear out a Nen Master to do more damage, because all you have to do is upgrade your weapon (or get a better one) and stack light damage. You have less options to raise a Brawler's fixed damage and status effect damage.

And do you even play this game anymore, dot?

Nihil679 12-16-2011 10:56 PM

No, I stopped caring after realizing this is a game that caters to kiting and there is zero balance.

Shadow5YA 12-16-2011 11:11 PM

Funny how you give advice on a game you haven't cared about for years. That's potentially misleading advice...

Nihil679 12-16-2011 11:39 PM

I was under the assumption no one else played, so under faulty logic I figured having a reply is better than having no reply.

Dani 12-17-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 1655453)
Nen Master or Brawler. The difference is one is % based damage, while the other is fixed.

Male Brawler is a mix of fixed damage and percent based damage. Only the throws (net, poison bottle, knives, brick) and explosive hook (initial kick %, explosion fixed) are fixed damage whereas mount, raging vulcan, and venom mine are % based... Oh right, needle spin and ground tackle are also fixed but both give really nasty status effects (moreso needle spin due to the strong bleed). Rather than the damage that the class really dishes out, its the status ailments that really destroy mobs ( my poison does 1k+ damage a tick and lasts a while at lv 45).

Male Brawler is basically a bulldozer up til Aphelia where things get a bit more annoying with more vertical rooms but otherwise is still an easy class to solo as for pve. If you like pvp in the least, they're pretty derpy in pvp as well.

Male Nen on the other hand is also a bulldozer but also pretty poverty in the beginning (brawlers get off better what with poison bottle and explosive hook at the start) but later on basically destroy everything with nen press, tiger feet claw things and other things that I can't remember off the top of my head. My friend plays a male nen and watching him in pve is ridiculous, lol.

Fineti 12-18-2011 10:52 AM

Hi I'm that friend who plays mnen.

With that +12 weapon, it does become pretty ridiculous. I'm 52 and it's been a breeze so far. Nen Cannon -> a few x attacks -> next room.

I tried logging on my necro again, who also has a +12, and even that felt like pve poverty in comparison. `-`

edit: Oh right about MP. It is pretty tight, but I can usually clear most dungeons without using any pots.

J0SH2 12-18-2011 03:47 PM

They're both great PvE.
its all really a matter of if you wanna gear your character or not.
MNen for the wealthy, stronger than MBrawler but you need gear to see a big difference in damage cause dat % damage.
MBrawler for the poverty, don't gotta pay much for anything, but endgame(cause dat fixed throws) you arent as strong as the MNen but you're still pretty damn good.

Shadow5YA 12-20-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani (Post 1655840)
Male Brawler is a mix of fixed damage and percent based damage. Only the throws (net, poison bottle, knives, brick) and explosive hook (initial kick %, explosion fixed) are fixed damage whereas mount, raging vulcan, and venom mine are % based... Oh right, needle spin and ground tackle are also fixed but both give really nasty status effects (moreso needle spin due to the strong bleed). Rather than the damage that the class really dishes out, its the status ailments that really destroy mobs ( my poison does 1k+ damage a tick and lasts a while at lv 45).
head. My friend plays a male nen and watching him in pve is ridiculous, lol.

If you want to be technical, no class is purely fixed or percentage. Even FGrappler, the most well known fixed damage class there is, has some % skills like Neck Snap and Suplex. % based classes like Weapon Master and Rogue have some fixed skills like Ashe Fork and Chain Saw Rush.

What matters is what they're more heavily focused on. The skills that matter for MBrawler are all fixed (item throws, needle spin), so they don't need a good weapon.

Arika 09-01-2012 08:18 AM

Male brawlers are just... OP