ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Emil Chronicle Online > Emil Chronicle Online Technical Issues

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-14-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Hitori will become famous soon enoughHitori will become famous soon enough
Default Cant open the file, really confused

Im sorry if this is in the wrong place! And I also checked the other topics, and none of them addressed my problem. Its not just techinical issues with ECO as much as it might be my computer. Or perhaps just my n00b-ish-ness.
I use Windows 7 btw. And Im not very...uh...fluent in detailed computer speak, like file names and such...sorry... >.>; Anywayz, Im gonna be real specific, might find what Im doing wrong...
So, I went onto the ECO site, and downloaded that "flashget" thing. I messed with it a little, to see how it arranges things and stuff, and it seems ok. The thing is, I had to open it via "open as admin". Since it was late, I thought I'd download ECO today. When I switched on my laptop, I went onto the ECO site, chose the folder to save in and everything, using flashget. I let it do that, and tried to open flashget via administator. Didnt work. I allowed the program, still wouldnt open. I cant find a way to open it. But since I saved the ECO in a folder on my computer, it was ok. (Well, it makes a little alert noise when its finished) So, I have the ECO file in my folder. I went to sign up. (Out of interest, why is it only between Malaysia and Singapore? Prolly an obvious question, but just wanted to know.) I expected some email with a confirmation, but I didnt. Is that normal? And then I went to open the file - it says "open with". I clicked on Internet Explorer, it makes sense to me. And it comes up with copying/downloading (I dont know what) again except with what I originally used to download with (Cant name it, its like a windows default thing or something). I did so, and just got a copy of the original file with it doing the same thing when I opened it with internet the first time round. So, how do I open the actual application of ECO? I went back onto the site, and found this "Game client MD5 verification code" and downloaded it. Tried to open it - "Windows cant open this file" and it goes onto how it'll use the internet to find what it needs to download it with. I click that, and windows says its an unknown file. Great help, thanks. I dont even know what that verification code is! Can someone explain it to me? I did try looking up tips and stuff, but I couldnt find much, people just seem to get it. Wah...I really wanna play this game...hope someone can help, thanks!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-14-2009   #2 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

You shouldn't need flashget to download it, I did just fine without it. The MD5 verification is useless too.

Just download it without any flashget. You should get the install file. Open it up, do the yadayada and ECO should be set up within an hour or so (depending on the computer). If you had the wizard put a desktop icon on you can start ECO from there, or else you have to start it from eco_launch.exe from the folder.

12-14-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noperative
You shouldn't need flashget to download it, I did just fine without it. The MD5 verification is useless too.

Just download it without any flashget. You should get the install file. Open it up, do the yadayada and ECO should be set up within an hour or so (depending on the computer). If you had the wizard put a desktop icon on you can start ECO from there, or else you have to start it from eco_launch.exe from the folder.
Thanks for answering~ Um, so, if I am to download it again (I guess I'll delete flashget off meh system for the time being) which download link on the page should I click? Thanks again~

Emil Chronicle IGN: Kasai

12-14-2009   #4 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

I just used Download Link 1 lol. If it's getting slow (under 200kbps) then change.

12-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Quote:
I just used Download Link 1 lol. If it's getting slow (under 200kbps) then change.
But when I download normally, it always goes down to around 20kbps >.>; Im currently trying the mirror site 2 and it seems to be staying around 50kbps or so...But I imagine that'll take awhile to download, right? Im guessing its to do with whatever you use to download, or something... Also, when I saved it this time, I noticed I had to save it as an "application" but I dont recall what I saved it as with flashGet...it just said it was a "file". So, maybe it'll work this time. Also, when I open it, does it give you that "open with?" thing? If so, I do open it via internet...right? ^^; Thanks for your answers tho~ ^^

Edit: Ah, I tried another link, and its staying around 160kbps, it seems

Yet another edit: Ok, so, Ive downloaded it and sucessfully installed it, yay! =D Ive gotten this "ECO Client ver1" up and its asked for my account ID Registration - but I already registered. So, I typed my details again to see if it had registered me, and it had. So...how do I get onto ECO, log in and create my character - I cant wait to get started on this X3

Another edit >.>; : Ok, so, Im clicking update, since I read somewhere that you need to do that for the game start to appear. Its updated to ver.10 alread, and is about to go up to 11...is that right? Will Gamelaunch appear if I update enough? (Or something >.>; )

Last edited by Hitori; 12-15-2009 at 03:41 PM.

12-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Yeah, once it reaches the proper version the Update button becomes Game Start. The register popup is total crap, just close it immediately and continue on with your life.

12-15-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Quote:
Yeah, once it reaches the proper version the Update button becomes Game Start. The register popup is total crap, just close it immediately and continue on with your life.
I just found out XD And thats exactly what I did - Ive got it working now, yes! Thanks for your help!