ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Emil Chronicle Online > Emil Chronicle Online Questions & Answers

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Wildcolt is on a distinguished road
IGN: Wildcolt
Class: Scout - Dominion
Level: 23/23
Default Stat ratios...

Was kind of wondering how certain stats affect each other...
more specifically...

hit vs avoidance...does 1 point of hit cancel 1 point of avoidance? At what point does so much more hit than avoidance give "perfect" hit? and how much more avoidance than hit gives "perfect" avoidance? As well as, is there a certain % amount that it can not go above?(like how in RO, "perfect" avoidance was capped at 95% chance to not be hit) Is avoidance effected by the amount of enemies attacking you?
edit2: one more question, whats the difference between a miss and an avoid?

Defense vs Damage...i saw on the wiki that it looks like its converting 3 defense into 1% damage reduction, but...that doesn't seem right as i've gone between enemies with 60 defense and 28 defense and go from dealing 14(60 defense) to 42(28 defense), is there some other number that effects damage done? I know elements play a part but...I only deal regular physical damage so its a little odd to me...
edit: as i continue to explore i notice some enemies have a defense of 2 that is giving 55%? So now i'm pretty positive there is something else affecting it...

Last edited by Wildcolt; 10-19-2009 at 07:06 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

I'm not positive about this, but there are two types of defense. If you look in your status window, it says something like 6-38 defense. The first number is the % reduction from damage (which comes from vit), and the second number is then subtracted from the damage (this comes from equips/skills). Monsters have the same thing, so if a monster has 2 (55%) that means your damage is reduced by 55% then subtracted by 2.

If I remember correctly, the hit rate is capped at 90% in this game (hence boxes dodging you occasionally). I'm pretty sure avoid is capped too, but I have no idea by how much. I don't know much about how their values interact, sorry. :v

10-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

This is not exactly Trickster Online.

Getting max in AGI isn't going to guarantee you a 95% dodge rate.

This is Kyuubey

10-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Ah, that makes a lil more sense and thanks for the info on hit :x now if we can just find out this avoidance % cap...

10-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
Wonka

Sambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to all
IGN: Sambolade/Sambo/etc...
Class: Scout/Shaman/Vates/Ranger/Miner/Merchant/Farmer
Level: 44/29/27/28/27/28/27
Guild: Loli Brigade/Meido Brigade

DEF, MDEF are maxed at 70
S.AVOID, L.AVOID are maxed at 400

I'm still trying to calculate a rough formula of the hit and avoid % but just need data.

10-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Yea I knew the caps number wise, just not % wise.

Another question is it possible to reduce damage to or below 0? As in say something deals 10 damage normally, i have 6 - 40 defense, so 40% reduction(6) then -6 so 0...would that come up as 1? or 0? or as say a miss? I know in some games its possible to reduce damage so that it comes up as a miss.

edit: found the answer to this, for those wondering, physical damage can not be reduced below 1 and magical damage CAN be reduced to 0. And i did the math above wrong :x using the numbers above...it would have been (10-6)*40%, so 1.6, which is RD'd so 1.

Last edited by Wildcolt; 10-21-2009 at 05:49 AM.

10-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

It goes vit defense - armor defense, with the vit defense being the percent reduction (so for you it would be a 6% reduction and -40 damage). I think the cap Sambo mentioned on DEF is just for vit defense, since you can get over 70 armor defense pretty easily at high levels.