ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Emil Chronicle Online > Emil Chronicle Online Jobs

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-30-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Tiane is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Tiane
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: 2xx
Default Need help with farmer

NEVERMINDSo I'm tryin to make a farmer. I got one of the barley things and now I've spent 2 and a half hours after finding the first to not get another one. The farmer guy says I need to bring two of them. A bear ate me after finding the first, and I'm not sure if it said in the quest log prior to that that I needed 2 of them, but since I've checked after dying there is nothing in my quest log. It only says "incomplete 2" at the bottom. I can't bring those quests up if they're even active still. I'm wondering if I cant find the second because I dont actually have the quest now? I've gone back to the farmer and all he says is to find 2 barleys and doesn't offer the quest again. I'm clearly still new to this game and how it works, so any help is much appreciated. Thanks.NEVERMIND

3 hours later I finally got the second barley. Answered my own question. Second part of this post would still be nice to get an answer to.

Also I'll ask now instead of posting in another thread. How should stats be distributed for farmers? And what the benefit of each stat. I didn't see anything in the tutorials explain that.
Pr 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Pr 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Psa 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Pr 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Last edited by Tiane; 09-30-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-01-2009   #2 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

KawaiiSaka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KawaiiSaka Send a message via Skype™ to KawaiiSaka
IGN: Lisolette
Class: Evie
Level: 70
Guild: SOS Brigade

I think farmers are suppose to run a STR-VIT-DEX. Mainly just STR and VIT. The barley straws took me a while but I found them too =D, though it didn't take me 3 hours in total. Just half an hour or so.

Lunia: Kanairi/RuririSOSBrigade ₒ Mabinogi: Rakusu (Mari) ₒ Vindictus: Lisolette

10-01-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Junior is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Junior
IGN: JinLagun
Class: Mage lt_mage
Level: 2X
Guild: BunnyBrigade

Oh yeah I remember this, that happened to me with my first farm, had to get my buddy to help me farm it because I was going nuts in those woods plus that farmers dont get real skills until later <.<

And I was pretty much raising mine like any melee, STR, VIT and a little dex

10-01-2009   #4 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster Online

NekoVic is a jewel in the roughNekoVic is a jewel in the roughNekoVic is a jewel in the rough
IGN: NekoVic, Mamoru & Aspros
Class: Kitty, Connie & Dragony ~ to_primadonna
Level: 304, 238 and 275 ~
Guild: Retribution <3 and Euphoria ~

I wanna be farmer too but i dont find the item to change.
Where's can i get it easy?

10-01-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Easy? not sure but they drop from the plants i think it was east from the town... cant remember it was like east then north

10-01-2009   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

they drop from Giant Barley Plants (not really sure on the name but it has barley in it xD0) and theres a big patch of em on the map called FarEast Side Road or something along those lines :v sry im bad with names xD

10-01-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Oh its barley STRAW, thats the keyword, the STRAW thingies!

10-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

KawaiiSaka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KawaiiSaka Send a message via Skype™ to KawaiiSaka
IGN: Lisolette
Class: Evie
Level: 70
Guild: SOS Brigade

If anyone needs help I have extra 2 straws. But usually it isn't that hard to get. Just look for Giant Barley like plants and start wacking them. The more common drop is Giant Barley but you don't want that. You want Giant Barley Straw. Keep the Giant Barley though because you can hand them into the Farmer Manager later on (20 of them) to get free access to fields for materials later.

Lunia: Kanairi/RuririSOSBrigade ₒ Mabinogi: Rakusu (Mari) ₒ Vindictus: Lisolette

10-05-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Aerodynamite is on a distinguished road
Default Verification

I spent three hours collecting the Giant Barley Straw, and felt like a fool when I found out it could have taken two minutes!

The best map to search is Fareast Main Street, one more east of the Forest most people search through.

On the map, there are two types of barley plants. There is a Giant Barley Grass plant, and a Giant Barley plant. The Giant Barley Grass plant grows in patches in the farm, and does not drop Giant Barley Grass.
The Giant Barley plant grows around the rest of the map randomly, and drops the Giant Barley Grass Straw frequently.

Good luck to all future farmers ; ) also you do not lose the Giant Barley Straw when you take the farmer job, so you can jump start would-be farmer friend!

Last edited by Aerodynamite; 10-05-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo