ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Emil Chronicle Online Jobs (http://ggftw.com/forum/emil-chronicle-online-jobs/)
-   -   Need help with farmer (http://ggftw.com/forum/emil-chronicle-online-jobs/59337-need-help-farmer.html)

Tiane 09-30-2009 10:29 PM

Need help with farmer

NEVERMINDSo I'm tryin to make a farmer. I got one of the barley things and now I've spent 2 and a half hours after finding the first to not get another one. The farmer guy says I need to bring two of them. A bear ate me after finding the first, and I'm not sure if it said in the quest log prior to that that I needed 2 of them, but since I've checked after dying there is nothing in my quest log. It only says "incomplete 2" at the bottom. I can't bring those quests up if they're even active still. I'm wondering if I cant find the second because I dont actually have the quest now? I've gone back to the farmer and all he says is to find 2 barleys and doesn't offer the quest again. I'm clearly still new to this game and how it works, so any help is much appreciated. Thanks.NEVERMIND

3 hours later I finally got the second barley. Answered my own question. Second part of this post would still be nice to get an answer to.

Also I'll ask now instead of posting in another thread. How should stats be distributed for farmers? And what the benefit of each stat. I didn't see anything in the tutorials explain that.

KawaiiSaka 10-01-2009 08:07 AM

I think farmers are suppose to run a STR-VIT-DEX. Mainly just STR and VIT. The barley straws took me a while but I found them too =D, though it didn't take me 3 hours in total. Just half an hour or so.

Junior 10-01-2009 01:04 PM

Oh yeah I remember this, that happened to me with my first farm, had to get my buddy to help me farm it because I was going nuts in those woods plus that farmers dont get real skills until later <.<

And I was pretty much raising mine like any melee, STR, VIT and a little dex

NekoVic 10-01-2009 06:19 PM

I wanna be farmer too but i dont find the item to change.
Where's can i get it easy?

Junior 10-01-2009 07:13 PM

Easy? not sure but they drop from the plants i think it was east from the town... cant remember it was like east then north

BoredomKillz 10-01-2009 07:49 PM

they drop from Giant Barley Plants (not really sure on the name but it has barley in it xD0) and theres a big patch of em on the map called FarEast Side Road or something along those lines :v sry im bad with names xD

Junior 10-01-2009 09:36 PM

Oh its barley STRAW, thats the keyword, the STRAW thingies!

KawaiiSaka 10-02-2009 07:23 AM

If anyone needs help I have extra 2 straws. But usually it isn't that hard to get. Just look for Giant Barley like plants and start wacking them. The more common drop is Giant Barley but you don't want that. You want Giant Barley Straw. Keep the Giant Barley though because you can hand them into the Farmer Manager later on (20 of them) to get free access to fields for materials later.

Aerodynamite 10-05-2009 01:13 PM

Verification

I spent three hours collecting the Giant Barley Straw, and felt like a fool when I found out it could have taken two minutes!

The best map to search is Fareast Main Street, one more east of the Forest most people search through.

On the map, there are two types of barley plants. There is a Giant Barley Grass plant, and a Giant Barley plant. The Giant Barley Grass plant grows in patches in the farm, and does not drop Giant Barley Grass.
The Giant Barley plant grows around the rest of the map randomly, and drops the Giant Barley Grass Straw frequently.

Good luck to all future farmers ; ) also you do not lose the Giant Barley Straw when you take the farmer job, so you can jump start would-be farmer friend!