ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Emil Chronicle Online > Emil Chronicle Online Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-10-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

BubbleMistress has a spectacular aura aboutBubbleMistress has a spectacular aura about
Default [Partial Guide/Review] Ranger - Explorer - TreasureHunter

I guess this' more a review than a guide, but in any case, it's my little donation to the /ggFTW! ECO forum, 'cus I love you guys. <3

Note-- things I say here are mostly opinions. I am certainly not an expert so I am not saying these are the best/only things to get-- this is just a post of my experience/thoughts. I did not care to get EVERY skill available to each class, so I won't be able to help much with those. Also, I will not be telling you where/how to level nor stat builds, since I spent half of my time leeching off a friend. Plus, you learn more by 'doing' than you do by 'reading', hehe.

Props to /ggftw Wiki, it's editors, the jWiki, and my friend Maxy. (:

>> Ranger <<

Bivouac / To-Learn: jLv1 / Max Level: Lv5
When you job change to a Ranger, you auto-get this skill at Lv1. Basically, it makes you sit and regenerate hp/mp/sp, much like the Sit command, but faster. I raised this skill to Lv5 to save pots and to force myself to take breaks while grinding. Since Bivouac regenerates based on your max hp/mp/sp, the more you have, the more you regenerate per period. Also, raising the level of your Bivouac increases the regeneration amount. There is a [Cave Bivouac] skill for Explorers that acts similarly, but is limited to 'cave'-type areas (Light Tower, Southern Dungeon, etc.) making it undeserving of my Skill Points.
Increase Maximum HP / To-Learn: jLv2 / Max Level: Lv5
I actually havn't bothered to get this yet, seeing as I'm short on 1st job Skill Points for the time being, but more HP is always good (and it helps with your Bivouac regeneration amount!). For builds incorporating VIT, this would add a small chunk of HP to your character, but for AGI builds, this amount is negligible until later.
Increase Maximum SP / To-Learn: jLv4 / Max Level: Lv5
Again, a skill I've yet to learn, and a skill I'm not 100% sure that I will learn. But again, this works right along with Bivouac. More SP, faster SP regeneration...who can complain? I'd say would be worth looking into if you had 'leftover' Skill Points.
Increase HP Regeneration / To-Learn: jLv5 / Max Level: Lv5
A skill I only bothered to get Lv1 of. Increases the amount that HP foods/potions heal. It is useful, to say the least.
Insect Knowledge / To-Learn: jLv6 / Max Level: Lv1
Ranger-exclusive Knowledge. Increases the drop rate of items from Insect-type monsters. Also, allows you to get certain items from the Insects that people without [Insect Knowledge] are unable to get. Yes PLEASE!
Dagger Mastery / To-Learn: jLv7 / Max Level: Lv5
Increases the minimum damage when equipped with a Dagger. I personally did not get this skill, since I'd already planned to use Whips as soon as I changed jobs making this have limited use to me. But, had I needed to solo and had I had enough points, I would have maxed this out.
Item Identification / To-Learn: jLv7 / Max Level: Lv1
Allows you to Identify items, just like the Item Appraiser in town. While you are a Ranger, this skill has little use to you, but once you get to Treasure Hunter and get the [Unlock] and [Treasure Scan] skills, you'll be able to find, open, and identify any boxes you find!
Mace Mastery / To-Learn: jLv9 / Max Level: Lv5
Did not get this skill either. It's pretty much the same as [Dagger Mastery] though. Good to get if you prefer using Maces.
Merciless Blow / To-Learn: jLv10 / Max Level: Lv5
Level 5 is a must-get, in my opinion. This will be your main attack skill-- get it, hug it, love it. The alternative to this skill is [Banishing Blow] at jLv28...but 28 job levels? That's a hard thing to do without any attack skills (unless you've got a Possessing-buddy)! Oh, and if you were wondering: Yes, [Merciless Blow] does work with Whips.
Increase SP Regeneration / To-Learn: jLv10 / Max Level: Lv5
Another 1-level-wonder skill. Once you get to leveling in Light Tower with all the "Tonic Water" drops, this skill will show it's true colors. You'll never have to stop and rest for SP there~
Bird Knowledge / To-Learn: jLv12 / Max Level: Lv1
This is identical to the [Insect Knowledge] skill, except that it is for Birds, making it another worthwhile skill-point investment.
Camp / To-Learn: jLv15 / Max Level: Lv10
I've seen so many people ask about "Tent"s and who can use them. "Tent"s are only usable by Backpackers who've learned this skill. [Camp] creates a small tent where you can rapidly regenerate HP/MP/SP, as if you were in town. The higher the level of the [Camp] skill, the more people you can fit inside (Lv1 is max of 2 people, each level of [Camp] increases the max number of people by 2, so a maximum of 20 people by Lv10) and the less chance of durability loss on the "Tent" (Lv1 is 100% durability loss per use; the percent goes down by 10% each level. Lv10 is 10% chance of durability loss). This is a fairly skill-point intensive skill, though it really doesn't need to be. Though the town-regeneration speed is nice, I would not depend on it while training since the "Tent" closes whenever the Ranger changes maps, logs out, or exits the tent. Other people/party members on the other hand can enter and exit as they please without having the tent close down on them. Note though, if you are in a party, the "Tent" you set up is restricted to party-member use. I've also heard people talking about "Tent"s as instant safe-areas. Though it is true that the "Tent" is like another map, so that monsters can't reach you, it is not easy to run into when you're being chased. You can't just double-click and get in.
Pit Trap / To-Learn: jLv16 / Max Level: 5
Your 1st available trap skill! This skill immobilizes an enemy that touches the set trap. This skill does not do any damage, has a small effective-area, and consumes 1 "Trap Tool" (which can be bought in Downtown, if I remember correctly) each time you use it. At Lv1, you have 12seconds to lure the monster into the trap with a 40% chance to immobilize the monster for 4seconds. In my opinion, this skill isn't worth it-- I didn't even bother trying it out. Even at Lv5, the chance of immobilization never hits 100%, only 80%.
Bonfire / To-Learn: jLv17 / Max Level: 3
Another regeneration skill for Backpackers! This one's mostly for HP though and has limited usage. To use this skill you must have "Firewood" in your inventory. At Lv1, this skill recovers an additional 10hp per period, while Lv3 recovers an additional 30 per period for 1minute, totaling 360hp. This skill works in a small circle around the Bonfire and affects everyone in range. I personally prefer [Camp] to this skill.
[Note for 11/11/09: As of right now, the guide is incomplete. I will work on this later, but right now, I need my sleep!]
Where am I now?
[?]

Last edited by BubbleMistress; 11-11-2009 at 06:04 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-10-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

BubbleMistress has a spectacular aura aboutBubbleMistress has a spectacular aura about

Post reserved for stuff and things~
Where am I now?
[?]

Last edited by BubbleMistress; 11-11-2009 at 05:34 AM.