ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Emil Chronicle Online > Emil Chronicle Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-30-2009   #21 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Rinsha will become famous soon enough
IGN: Rinsha/Shinra
Class: Merchant to_schoolgirl
Level: 25/24
Guild: RareHunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
Still, can't I take any precautions? Is it WRONG?
No need to shout.
It really isn't a matter of right or wrong. (Actually, I talked to my editor and they told me I should cut this part out since it's long and isn't as entertaining in writing as how I described it during our staff meeting. So, for the sake of brevity, snip, snip!)I just wanted to bring up a point that hasn't been brought up yet. I'd like you step back and try to consider the bigger picture.

Now, you probably already know this and have heard it before, but may have not acknowledged it.

Emil Chronicle Online is a game. It's a game in the same way Monopoly™ is a game. Monopoly on Steroids™ if you will.

The gold you acquire; Monopoly money.
The possessions you acquire; Park Place and Central Avenue.
The alliances you make last only as long as the session itself; Frank might be your buddy now, but aside from owning half of the game's railroads you have little in common.

...And the reputation your guild acquires on a day to day basis; inconsequential.

You may argue that people will treat you differently because of your guild, but how you carry yourself affects your experience much more. But then again, why would you want to associate with people who judge you based on guild affiliation in the first place?

So, stop worrying about your guild. Stop investing yourself so heavily into it that it masters you and compels you to do things like this, things that can be handled so much more graciously in private. That's how you build a bad reputation. By allowing yourself to strike the tarbaby that blackens yourself and all that you touch.

The answer is porridge, of course. It's the only one truth in matters of opinion.
Quote:
I don't know why you guys are so worked up over our Ring's name. OMG CLICHE LAME etc. Does it really matter? A brigade, really? Pray tell, why NOT? Can we not do anything without a proper reason?
Because if you care about your Ring's reputation so much maybe you shouldn't use a generic name that'd inevitably be copied. That's just my two cents on the matter. It's actually the first guild I wanted to join, but having been unable to stomach the name(Everything's a brigade and there's one for harems, traps, maids, and other fetish related things? wat?) I decided against it.

Then again, this coincidence could just be one in a million and the guild name more than suitable, so much so in fact, that people couldn't help but plagiarize it.

In any case, if you care about your Ring name and Ring reputation just take these minor criticisms with a grain of salt and keep on trucking. Or not. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturiaPendragon
it's just a GUILD name.
This is easily the most sound thing that's been said thus far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturiaPendragon
Unless they're trying to pose as the guild itself, I don't really see a harm in doing it. Might be just a coincidence, I guess.
And this is the second.

Quote:
@Nagisa - No one's starting a war, I'm just taking precautions to distance our name from theirs. Just imagine, if someone were to act like a jerk in their guild, and people started connecting them to us.
And if someone in ~Loli Brigade~ were to act nice to people, people might start getting the wrong idea about Loli Brigade too.

Quote:
Well, that's probably because you haven't been around long enough. I've been here for over 2-3 years from the MT era up to now. But then again, if you're deeply involved with something, would you not feel pride for it?
Nah, I think it's because I don't really see anything about it that makes it stand out from similar sites. Don't get me wrong. It certainly is well done. But is there anything that I'd go specifically to GGFTW for? Probably not.

Though, I think this is moreso my fault than anything; I'm aware of too many alternatives and methods commonly used in community websites.
(Rinsha, stop going off topic. -Editor.)
Yes, but I draw the line at anything that is either a product, service, or entertainment. For example, it's the difference between using a Mac and saying you're a Mac user. There's a certain amount of ridiculousness inherit in displaying pride for things that exist on the web, and in my case, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't metaphorically drive up on a street corner, roll down my window and exclaim "Who you wit'? Altavista? You best whatchu self fo my holmes run up wit more improved indexing and search runtimes than ever before!"

And you could just as easily replace Altavista with a number of products.

But if we wanna specifically link that example to this thread,

"Who you wit'? ~Loli Brigade~? You best whatchu self fo my holmes run up wit a +9 basterd shank pink parasol."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
we've could have been jackasses and name the ring in FULL Japanese so that it comes out in boxes, but hey.. that isn't our goal, right?
It's not too late. Hey wait a minute...Aren't some of your IGNs in kana?

Quote:
Unlike you, I'm sure that some of us here actually saw whats actually going on behind the scenes. We've been here AGES ago, we've seen particular events happening in front of us, and the particular choices made. In fact, I've even came to make friends and even respect some of the members here.
I'm interested in this and think it's enough to warrant its own topic. :>
(Though, I'm really hoping its more exciting than just a bunch of IRC and message board chats. And that somebody got married along the way and there was a bout of conquest. :3)

Quote:
Sure, the brigade part may be "Uninspired" but hey, at least it's better than doing some weird ring names out there like "Acro POLICE" or perhaps "Pretty Girl Squad". Stuffs like that makes me pretty much prefer to name my ring "Meido Brigade/ Loli Brigade" though I agree about the originality of the name.
If it's all a matter of taste I think I've said enough. You know I try to be civil. I don't think I would have said anything unless I agreed with someone's else sentiment since I kinda felt like they were going to be curb stomped for thinking differently. You know, like Artie's shield.

Quote:
With that, do you think you can think of something better to use for all the ring names without affecting the <xx> <xxxx> status whereas we can identify each other easily as one of the ring members of a particular guild?
I think I can, but certainly not for free. If I do, can I have my original account back? Seems like a pesky, albeit anonymous moderator has held it hostage.

Ah well. This looks pretty much resolved. I think I'm going to get back to cursing Proons.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-30-2009   #22 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

might leave some notices
- it's ok to mention about stuff, but makesure you guys don't causes it to be flames, ok? I mean, all-of-you.

10-30-2009   #23 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

I met someone in ~Loli Brigade~ briefly, and they were nice people. o/

Also, most of the loli/meidos I talked to were, "meh, w/e" over this in the first place.

10-30-2009   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Lucent HeartEmil Chronicle Online

Kudo is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kudo,
Class: Titania Druid, moonflame envoy
Level: 67/30, 55
Guild: loli brigade,

none of us really cared all that much. At least I didn't. It was amusing. Is it wrong to express your opinions on a forum? I didn't see any flaming or trolling. That is, unless taken too seriously.

10-30-2009   #25 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

*rubs hands in glee*

STATEMENT 1: "It's just a GUILD NAME!"
STATEMENT 2: "Easily the most sound thing that has been said."
STATEMENT 3: "Stop making such a big deal about it! Cool down, and go murder some Bawoos!"

I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY. So stop "making a big deal about it!". The matter was already solved several DAYS ago!

@Rinsha - Your criticism was duly noted. Thank you.

This thread is now dead.

Last edited by Kotarou; 10-30-2009 at 11:38 PM.