ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Emil Chronicle Online > Emil Chronicle Online General Chat

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-05-2009   #61 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Most of my organizational work is somewhat taken from our foreign wikis, though somewhat streamlined.
Right now I'm considering changing some of the pages according to what Tea suggested, but we'll have to set a 'limit' on how far it can go (ex: 10+ items and we'll add in a table) as well as the fact we have only experienced the CBT and don't know the true extent of some of the item categories. Since the adjustment in question is rather small, we should be able to perform the change at any point in time.
For now we'll wait until we get more info into the wiki before we think of that.

I'm still organizing everything, so bear with us D:

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-05-2009   #62 (permalink)
Wonka

Sambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to all
IGN: Sambolade/Sambo/etc...
Class: Scout/Shaman/Vates/Ranger/Miner/Merchant/Farmer
Level: 44/29/27/28/27/28/27
Guild: Loli Brigade/Meido Brigade

Found a Japanese site with all the recipes on one page >_> god there's lots X_X Going to take a while to translate it all etc
-Item Purifying Recipes
-Advanced Metal Refining Recipes
-Wood Refining Recipes
-Mechanical Refining Recipes
-Cuisine Recipes
-Chemical Producing Recipes
-Throwing Weapon Making Recipes
-Accessory Making Recipes
-Weapon Making Recipes
-Armor Making Recipes
-Bow Making Recipes
-Sewing Recipes
-Marionette Producing Recipes
-Skill Scroll Making Recipes
-Staff Making Recipes
-Create Repair Kit Recipes
-Horticulture Recipes

08-05-2009   #63 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Basic organization of the Quest section has been more or less done, please give feedback while I sleep.

UPDATE: Work on Map section has begun ( well sorta, I'm planning to get to it today)

Current Agenda:

[65%] Refine current work on the monster and item pages, making it more efficient and accurate.
•This will include small touches such as renaming pages, adding some more links to the navigation and maybe a few new categories if needed.
•Includes categorization of individual monster and item pages, this is very time consuming so I have yet to get to it.

[55%] Changing the navigation interface to look and work better.
•Currently ideas are adding more direct links (ex: If you were to go to search for Earth Type monsters, you would be unable to directly link back to Monsters in general.)
•Linking to other sections
•Pictures and better color scheme.

[40%] Applying the same organization to the Quest, NPC and Map sections.
•Since these are mostly/completely empty it'll be easier than the monster/item sections

[0%] Adding Pet and Synthesis templates.
•I'll get to this eventually but for now I'm leaving it alone.

[15%] Collecting feedback and suggestions
•It takes like, 5 minutes to skim the wiki, people D:

[15%] Gathering as much relevant data as possible
•Currently, I only have myself and Sambo working on this.

There should be a way for people to be able to notice new edits Dx

Currently the world map has been more or less completed. Unfortunately I'm not some all knowing god that knows the name of every dungeon, someone compile a list for me D: Same with certain categories we're missing in the monster/item sections.

UPDATE: New landing page in the works, I'll be taking a few ingenious ideas from the TO wiki but it's mostly an original work.

Last edited by Noperative; 08-07-2009 at 04:51 PM.

08-08-2009   #64 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

*small bump*

A new landing page was made in secret, lol. This should separate our wiki from the various dead wikis on the site, as well as making basic navigation more convenient (@Tea: Is this a good solution to your problem?). Unfortunately this does not uberpro our wiki and I still have a lot of work to on the basic structure and the templates.

EDIT: Since credit should be given when deserved, I'd like to thank the TO wiki, whose ingenious ideas have helped me make our own wiki. Probably 90% of my work was taken in some way from the TO wiki *shot*

As always, feedback is always welcomed.

Last edited by Noperative; 08-08-2009 at 03:55 PM.

08-08-2009   #65 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Open up a server so we can go back to mindlessly putting in tedious info, like items.

08-08-2009   #66 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noperative
*small bump*

A new landing page was made in secret, lol. This should separate our wiki from the various dead wikis on the site, as well as making basic navigation more convenient (@Tea: Is this a good solution to your problem?). Unfortunately this does not uberpro our wiki and I still have a lot of work to on the basic structure and the templates.

EDIT: Since credit should be given when deserved, I'd like to thank the TO wiki, whose ingenious ideas have helped me make our own wiki. Probably 90% of my work was taken in some way from the TO wiki *shot*

As always, feedback is always welcomed.
Hey hey, well done, it's easier to read compared to last time.

08-08-2009   #67 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

i havent checked into anything atm. I'll have to check it later. but yar.. i agree. they should open the servers so i can get back to info gathering. Translations n stuff is fine, but i know they probably reworded a lot of stuff.

EDIT: i just quickly checked it but i think it looks good so far. I can't wait to see how it looks as more things are completed. Some food for thought. When visitors come to any webpage, it should take them 3 clicks or less to get to what they need. I think the way it is now, makes more sense. Before i had to wander a bit.

Last edited by Tea; 08-08-2009 at 05:01 PM.

08-08-2009   #68 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute

We still might want to build a sidebar. Give me a layout and I'll try to get Medi to do it '-'/

08-08-2009   #69 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Does the sidebar use the normal wiki formatting?
I was planning to get some more work done on a few templates and brining a few more sections up to speed, but there should be time to fit making a sidebar in.
Since we can't edit the sidebar normally, I'd like to get everyone's confirmation on the layout once I get to making it.

UPDATE: Unfortunately I don't know what stats are listed for pets, so the pet template will have to be postponed for now. In the meantime I'll work on the sidebar.

UPDATE:
Click!

Rough draft of the sidebar has been completed. Or if everyone's ok with it, it could be a final draft too o.o

UPDATE: Since most of the basic work is done, I'll get started on the Synthesis template. NOTE: 'What this item makes/is made from' sections of the item/EQ templates will be removed and replaced with the synthesis templates.

A basic ItemList template will be used to show what items the specified item can make. The template I'll be making will show what makes the item. This template may be used multiple times if the item is made in different ways. Please wrap these in 'no include' tags when putting them into the item template.

UPDATE: God, making the synthesis template almost made me rip my hair out.

Well, not really but it was still damm hard.

Click!

Once the pet template info has been gathered, our wiki can be considered 'growing' instead of 'under construction'. Of course, during that time you cannot rely on just me, Fineti and Sambo. During that time, I'll need people to gather info as well as miscellaneous people for things just as visual improvements.

UPDATE: Pet template is more or less done, work on the wiki's content will begin. We will now enter ECO Wiki 1.5, a beta test of sorts. Input from our community is very important right now, so please try to give your opinion even if it's just a 'It's great'.

UPDATE:Better menu design has been added for the Monster Section. Once I make a few more improvements to the rest of the monster section, this design will be used in the other sections as well.

UPDATE: New menu design has been passed on to the item and quest sections.

Last edited by Noperative; 08-11-2009 at 03:53 PM.

08-11-2009   #70 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

UPDATE

Currently the wiki is running out a steam due to lack of feedback. I'd like some people to browse through the wiki and tell us which sections need work.

Also, the sidebar is more or less done, but I would like some other members to confirm that the layout is satisfactory.

Click!

Please bear with us as we strive to improve this wiki V:

EDIT: Also make sure to check this page regularly, I tend to just edit my posts rather than double posting on updates.

Last edited by Noperative; 08-11-2009 at 04:02 PM.

08-11-2009   #71 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Synthesis tree looks hax. :v
Are we able to do one of those drop-down subdivision menu things? I mean something like this:

+Fighter

*clicks the +*

-Fighter
Swordsman
Fencer
Scout
Archer

It's only natural that we run out of steam with no news at all from RunUp. If they would just say SOMETHING relevant it would be easier to get motivation.

08-11-2009   #72 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Well I've been using the hide/show menus so far. Not sure how to change the name.

08-12-2009   #73 (permalink)
Wonka

Sambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to all
IGN: Sambolade/Sambo/etc...
Class: Scout/Shaman/Vates/Ranger/Miner/Merchant/Farmer
Level: 44/29/27/28/27/28/27
Guild: Loli Brigade/Meido Brigade

yay the Synthesis Tree is so much better lol

08-12-2009   #74 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Glad you like it, it took forever to figure out how to make it properly V: (I took the design from the chinese wiki but they use a totally different syntax and...bleh....)

08-12-2009   #75 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Oh god... When they're releasing ECO OBT, I'm going to change all those translations and quest dialogues... >.>

This is Kyuubey

08-12-2009   #76 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

I like the sidebar. Any more changes before I submit, lol?

08-12-2009   #77 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Currently I'm wondering about the 'General' section on the sidebar. Not a lot of work has been put in and we might not even put in some of the pages. I'll need some conformation on the design from the rest of our community. Speak up people :<

08-13-2009   #78 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

What sidebar? It disappeared lol. Stick rings, elementals, and stuff like that in general. I'm pretty damn pleased with how the stuff is organized, so...

08-13-2009   #79 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

It's still a work in progress on my user page. I'm posting from my mobile so I can't use copypasta ;_; Currently we have Races, Stats, Ring, Party, Possession, Elements Marionette and Airship on there. Most of the pages are blanks though, So we need some people that will at least consider filling those in.

For now i'm focusing on getting the map pages filled out so I can properly anchor the monster/Npc links. We'll also be taking requests (lol) on the wiki (ex: hard to get to x page using x method or problems with names and stuff.)

UPDATE: Map templates have been added to the map pages. This should remove most of our 'red links' in the wiki. Currently there is some fine tuning work on the pages linking to the maps, but this should be done quickly.
Next I'll screw around with work on the Class sections.

Last edited by Noperative; 08-13-2009 at 10:50 AM.

08-15-2009   #80 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

UPDATE:
Emil Chronicle Online:Fencer - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

The skill list for Fencer has been modified with a different template and each of the skills have been relocated to their separate pages. I'll need some people to do that to every class page using the skill template. Please move the skills to Skill:{{{Name}}} pages.

Also, many thanks to C4ssidy, Sambo and Fineti for their contributions to the wiki. All the item and skill icons have been obtained thanks to C4ssidy as well as a steady source of accurate information thanks to Sambo. I'd also like to give thanks to Fineti for his help in the wiki's 'grunt' work.

Thank you everyone~!

EDIT: I would also like to notify everyone that I'll be on a short vacation the day after tomorrow. I won't be unable to do wiki work, but I won't be able to do as much.

Last edited by Noperative; 08-15-2009 at 04:29 PM.