ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Emil Chronicle Online > Emil Chronicle Online General Chat

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-31-2009   #41 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

For the sake of consistency?

At one point I plan on mass moving everything to proper headers, but for now I'm keeping them all as Emil_Chronicle_Online or ECO so I won't need to search around as much.

UPDATE:
Template:EQlist - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
EQ list done. Read notes on the stat thing.

Well actually, we can begin moving everything now. Most of the pages used for organization can keep the basic header, but sections such as Emil_Chronicle_Online:Pururu can be changed into Monster:Pururu. Same thing with Items: and Equipment: or Class:, Skill: etc.

EDIT: Shouldn't Ropes be whips? I'll leave it at ropes for now but it's kinda weird.

UPDATE: Moving the item section to proper namespaces (lol). Please add new equip and item pages to Equipment: and Item: respectively.

Last edited by Noperative; 07-31-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-31-2009   #42 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

I mean we don't even need headers since the recent wiki update. So wouldn't it be easier if we didn't have any headers at all? Q_Q

07-31-2009   #43 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Emil_Chronicle_Online and ECO_ headers will be removed and replaced at some point.

But I still prefer we keep the Monster, Equipment, Item, etc headers. There is a monster called Crystal, while at the same time there is an item called Crystal. We have to plan for this early because if we found that problem out later, we'd be moving A LOT more pages then just the ones we have now.

UPDATE: Weapon and Armor have been moved to Equipment:[Name] namespaces/headers. Items and Monster sections will be moved to their respective namespace/header after I take a break from all that typing.

Usable Items have been moved successfully.

Update: Misc items have been moved successfully. Oddly it was less painful than I originally thought.

Update: Monster pages have been moved. Thinking about moving the job pages but it's not terribly important.

UPDATE: Currently revamping the monster section and laying out the groundwork. Feel free to check the current status of the work, but please notify me before you make any edits.

N> HALP

I have a few jobs I need some help to finish.

1) N> People who understand 日本語/한국말/中文/ภาษาไทย or whatever other language I missed, you guys got a heck of a job. Scour any forums/fansites, or even post a request, on any fansites/forums unavailable to us english speakers.
You goal: Find a way to get the pictures in the DAT and HED files in our ECO folders. Alternatively a very large pack of clean (no text, background or anything else that isn't supposed to be in the picture) 3D models will work for now.
P.S The chinese wiki HAD all the pictures I was planning to use. Unfortunately all the pictures seemed to have been removed in one way or another and they all had a watermark anyway.
P.P.S If you find any other useful info not relating to your job, record it anyway.

2)Maps. This isn't an incredibly important job but I would like pictures of all the maps in the game, as well as their english names. Most of the images can already be found through various wikis but make sure you get the all names correct. If no one does this I suppose I could find the time to do it myself, but since it's an easy job I hope someone out there is willing to save me some work D:

3)People good at graphics and making stuff look good. If you've looked at the monster section of our wiki, I've added a lot of links between the pages and have attempted to make it easier to view the section or add info. Unfortunately, 1 person can only do so much and the pages are pretty bland.

4) As always, ONE MAN CAN'T DO A WIKI. Even a bit of help is appreciated since It's usually either me or Fineti doing anything. Important sections include:
Fine-tuning the monster sections
Fix the item section
Adding quests and NPCS
Synthesis/Pet templates
Fix the World Map (and it's badly named links)

Anyone willing to do some work either PM me or post here. In the case of my info gatherers I'd like them to PM me the info so we'll have a 1-up on any competitors ( the last thing I need is a rival wiki threatening the growth of ours).

UPDATE: Revamping/structuring the Item and Monster sections, help appreciated!

Last edited by Noperative; 08-03-2009 at 03:02 PM.

08-03-2009   #44 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Well it's been awhile since the last post here, so I think that I should be allowed this double post?

Anyway, The Monster and Item sections of the wiki are undergoing renovations. The amount of manpower needed will probably be more than 1 person (me) can give, so I'm asking for some help.

Currently my agenda looks a bit like this:

Organize pages into categories [25%]
Creating proper navigation in between pages. [60%]
Gathering data on all sections and categories needed [50%]
Making the navigation a little more pleasing to the eye. [1%]
Collecting feedback on changes and suggestions on improvements [0%]

Speak up more, people. Help, too.

08-03-2009   #45 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Where's the "alone" time in your agenda? All work and no play makes Noperative a dull boy =<.

08-03-2009   #46 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Get the work done first, then play.
If I do all the work and get the wiki out of 'Under Construction', then I'll have more time to play ECO when OBT comes out.
Also, at least give some feedback in your post D:
If you haven't checked the recent changes in the wiki, then please give the Monster and Item sections a skim.

REMEMBER PEOPLE! Don't be a RoflKnife and post useless stuff Dx. POST FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS.

Last edited by Noperative; 08-03-2009 at 08:49 PM.

08-04-2009   #47 (permalink)
Wonka

Sambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to all
IGN: Sambolade/Sambo/etc...
Class: Scout/Shaman/Vates/Ranger/Miner/Merchant/Farmer
Level: 44/29/27/28/27/28/27
Guild: Loli Brigade/Meido Brigade

[Useful Info] I like cheese[/Useful Info]

lol anyway I don't really know much about Wiki making/editing pages, however I can always learn. But for now I'll just make guides which can later be transferred into the wiki ;3 Just finished a guide of a List of Chest Accessory

08-04-2009   #48 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Orz
Apparently I'm still stuck at 31 edits V:

[UPDATE]

Basic organization of the Monster and Item sections have been completed. Appropriate pages have been changed into Category pages so you can now categorize items and monsters properly. Navigational tables have been added onto most of the pages, excluding individual monster and item pages.

Current Agenda:

[50%] Refine current work on the monster and item pages, making it more efficient and accurate.
•This will include small touches such as renaming pages, adding some more links to the navigation and maybe a few new categories if needed.
•Includes categorization of individual monster and item pages, this is very time consuming so I have yet to get to it.

[25%] Changing the navigation interface to look and work better.
•Currently ideas are adding more direct links (ex: If you were to go to search for Earth Type monsters, you would be unable to directly link back to Monsters in general.)
•Linking to other sections
•Pictures and better color scheme.

[0%] Applying the same organization to the Quest, NPC and Map sections.
•Since these are mostly/completely empty it'll be easier than the monster/item sections

[0%] Adding Pet and Synthesis templates.
•I'll get to this eventually but for now I'm leaving it alone.

[10%] Collecting feedback and suggestions
•It takes like, 5 minutes to skim the wiki, people D:

[10%] Gathering as much relevant data as possible
•Currently, I only have myself and Sambo working on this.

Last edited by Noperative; 08-04-2009 at 02:24 PM.

08-04-2009   #49 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Sorry, I was busy yesterday.

I love the table on the top of the monster and item pages, but I think it would be a bit better if it always stayed the same, instead of changing shape when you go to certain sub-groups. I'm not sure how it would look with the icons yet, but it might be easier to have horizontal lines between the items on the table. It might make it easier to read once we have a long list.

P.S. If you have some grunt-work you want me to do just shoot me a PM. (or post it here w/e) `-`

[edit:] Yeah, my wiki edit count hasn't gone up either. :v

Last edited by Fineti; 08-04-2009 at 12:05 PM.

08-04-2009   #50 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

The navigation interface has been more or less revised for a more organized look.
Unfortunately adding horizontal lines would also add vertical lines as well (haven't found a way around this). As an alternative I'll probably make the table alternate colors between the rows, is that fine?

As of this post, work on the Quest, Map and NPC sections has begun. This is to keep the wiki 'well rounded' in it's construction.

Current Agenda:

[50%] Refine current work on the monster and item pages, making it more efficient and accurate.
•This will include small touches such as renaming pages, adding some more links to the navigation and maybe a few new categories if needed.
•Includes categorization of individual monster and item pages, this is very time consuming so I have yet to get to it.

[25%] Changing the navigation interface to look and work better.
•Currently ideas are adding more direct links (ex: If you were to go to search for Earth Type monsters, you would be unable to directly link back to Monsters in general.)
•Linking to other sections
•Pictures and better color scheme.

[10%] Applying the same organization to the Quest, NPC and Map sections.
•Since these are mostly/completely empty it'll be easier than the monster/item sections

[0%] Adding Pet and Synthesis templates.
•I'll get to this eventually but for now I'm leaving it alone.

[10%] Collecting feedback and suggestions
•It takes like, 5 minutes to skim the wiki, people D:

[10%] Gathering as much relevant data as possible
•Currently, I only have myself and Sambo working on this.

@Fineti/Sambo

I have a few jobs for you. Since you're the only 2 people that

Fineti:
1) Since you're rather good at wikis, teach Rambo how to add monsters/items using a template. Also teach him basic linking, categorization etc.
2)Go through the individual pages of the monster and item sections. Add what you know and try to categorize each page as fully as possible. (ex: Pururu would be categorized as Monsters|Neutral Monsters|North Monster| etc)
NOTE: To enter something by a certain name (ex: instead of Monster:Pururu you want it entered as Pururu in the category) you put [[Category:{{{Category}}}|{{{Desired Name}}}]]

To start, the old Usable item page has been 'isolated' from the main wiki. Rather than being removed, I have kept it since it has a number of links. Please browse through the pages and properly categorize the items, and remove the old Usable page once you've gotten through all the items.
Good luck!
Adding to the table lists is not needed.

Sambo:
1) Learn basic wiki editing from Fineti, use it to help Fineti in his jobs.
2) Continue compiling data from the foreign wikis, it's pretty useful stuff.
3) If possible, look for categories we've missed in our wiki. I already know of certain things such as books or those merchant weapons that haven't been added. Try to see if there's more we have missed.
NOTE: If there aren't enough items in a category, we might consider putting them into 1 'etc' category.

Don't feel pressure from the work I've given you, this is simply work meant to be done at one's own pace. If you don't want to do a certain part then feel free to refuse, I'm not a particularly spiteful person so you don't need to fear grudges from me. Eventually I'll probably help in the work as well, so your workload might seem a lot smaller after a while.

08-04-2009   #51 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noperative
As an alternative I'll probably make the table alternate colors between the rows, is that fine?
Sounds good!

For all of my wiki editing I just copied how you or someone else did it, so it's not that I'm skilled or something.
I'm actually pretty confused about this category business. I don't think I've ever done it before, so I have no idea how to start. ;_;

08-04-2009   #52 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fineti
Sounds good!

For all of my wiki editing I just copied how you or someone else did it, so it's not that I'm skilled or something.
I'm actually pretty confused about this category business. I don't think I've ever done it before, so I have no idea how to start. ;_;
Well, categorization is just basically adding a link that links back to the category, but this link always shows up at the bottom.

To add some thing to a category, just put [[Category:(Category Name)]].
For example, a Pururu is a Neutral type monster found in all the directions, you would put:
[[Category:Monsters]]
[[Category:Neutral Monsters]]
[[Category:North Monsters]]
etc.

It's best to add categories in no include tags...
<noinclude>
[[Category:Monsters]]
[[Category:Neutral Monsters]]
[[Category:North Monsters]]
</noinclude>

As well as changing the entry's name. The monster pages have Monster: in front of the names, entering the categories the way they are would result in a bunch of pages under the M. [[Category:Monsters|Pururu]] would add it as Pururu and put it under the P.

<noinclude>
[[Category:Monsters|Pururu]]
[[Category:Neutral Monsters|Pururu]]
[[Category:North Monsters|Pururu]]
</noinclude>

That's how categories work U:

Last edited by Noperative; 08-05-2009 at 02:09 PM.

08-04-2009   #53 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Thanks, I think I got it now! I thought it was more complicated than it actually was...

Can you make sure I did it right before I continue? Items:Abori Herb - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Also, the synthesis material category is for items that are ONLY used as synthesis materials right? A lot of healing items are used in synthesis, so I just want to make sure.

08-04-2009   #54 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Yeah, you did it right.
Yeah, synthesis materials are only for the items listed as synthesis materials.

08-04-2009   #55 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

I finished the equips and usable items, but I can't remember what the old misc. page was named. Can you link me? :v

08-05-2009   #56 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Misc items link o:

Wiki work seems so much more hectic with just 3 people on it, but at least we're progressing faster.

UPDATE: Equip template and table have been adjusted according to Sambo's 'report' lol

Short-range/long-range DEX and AGI have been renamed to HIT and AVOID.
Equipment list has been changed to allow up to 40 items, as well as alternating the colors between the rows.

UPDATE: Basic navigation for Quest Section has been completed. Please report any problems and make suggestions on improvements.

UPDATE: I didn't like how big the navigation tables were getting, so the Quest section navigation will be totally revamped.

UPDATE: orz, it's pretty hard to adjust the table to automatically change the link based on which page you're viewing.

Last edited by Noperative; 08-05-2009 at 01:56 PM.

08-05-2009   #57 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

instead of having individual pages.. wouldnt it be best if something like ammunition .. just had the information boxes listed below and a flag link from the top list leading to the section of the page? .. kinda like html coding. I just feel its one too many pages involved for just a single thing. Unless you have something in the works.. but just saying... It will get confusing to be going through tons of pages to find what you are looking for only to back track out and redo it again n again.

08-05-2009   #58 (permalink)
Wonka

Sambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to allSambo is a name known to all
IGN: Sambolade/Sambo/etc...
Class: Scout/Shaman/Vates/Ranger/Miner/Merchant/Farmer
Level: 44/29/27/28/27/28/27
Guild: Loli Brigade/Meido Brigade

hmmm Probably on the main pages of each types of equipment you can make a template of a table with the requirements, stats, level so people can easily compare (or find the corresponding equipments for their race/job/level/requirements) the equipments and if you want further detail (like how to obtain, synthesis, quest etc) you would have to click the name to go to the individual page?

08-05-2009   #59 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
instead of having individual pages.. wouldnt it be best if something like ammunition .. just had the information boxes listed below and a flag link from the top list leading to the section of the page? .. kinda like html coding. I just feel its one too many pages involved for just a single thing. Unless you have something in the works.. but just saying... It will get confusing to be going through tons of pages to find what you are looking for only to back track out and redo it again n again.
Well I've tried to make dropdown menus, but the wiki doesn't support it.
As for your idea, we could probably test it out and see if it works well or not. I'm a bit busy at the moment so it'll have to be postponed though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo
hmmm Probably on the main pages of each types of equipment you can make a template of a table with the requirements, stats, level so people can easily compare (or find the corresponding equipments for their race/job/level/requirements) the equipments and if you want further detail (like how to obtain, synthesis, quest etc) you would have to click the name to go to the individual page?
This has also been noted and will be added to the templates later.

08-05-2009   #60 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Most of the item pages are a work in progress right now, since I just finished categorizing them all. The default category interface is ugly (it's mainly just for organization), so eventually we'll put them all in tables for easy skimming.