ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Emil Chronicle Online > Emil Chronicle Online General Chat

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-21-2009   #21 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Column1-6 are things you can rename.
e.g. Column 1 becomes HP used, column 2 becomes SP used, column 3 becomes cooldown time.
1_1 becomes level 1, and the effect for column 1. So if column 1 has been named cooldown time, 1_1 becomes the cooldown for level 1, 2_1 becomes cooldown for level 2 and so on.

N> What should be included in the quest template.

EDIT:
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chro...Template:Quest

Quest template is done. Quest template was iffy to make, so there might be a bunch of bugs. If you find any, either correct them yourselves or contact someone that can fix it (usually it's me though D: )

EDIT2:
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chronicle/Template:NPC

NPC template is done.

NOTES: As you know, these templates are rough work. Image and link support is currently very low, so please edit the template yourself or call someone that can fix it for you.

EDITEDITEDITEDIT: At some point we should make a link on the main page. I hate the manual typing way.

Last edited by Noperative; 07-22-2009 at 09:02 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-23-2009   #22 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

Added pix for the jobs done. Hm, maybe we should finish the jobs first?

07-23-2009   #23 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
Added pix for the jobs done. Hm, maybe we should finish the jobs first?
Probably a good idea.

FYI, I found all the skill icons on the official Japanese website here: ジョブ「エミル・クロニクル・オンライン」公式サイト

07-23-2009   #24 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

I didn't get any work done today V:

Anyways, my current project list for the wiki is:
1) Finish map template
2) Create lightweight organizational templates to lessen the large amount of info I'm seeing on 1 page.
3) Optimize link and picture support on templates, as well as some visual revamping if needed.
4) Fix any problems cause by the last 3 projects U:

As always, I wouldn't really mind if someone else helped with these....

EDIT: Looks like there won't be help for awhile.... but it's fine since I should be able to do this myself.

On a more important issue, it's about time we decide what the image upload formats should be.
ex: Monster images should be uploaded as Emil_Chronicle_Online:{{{Name}}}.png or .jpg or ECO etc. If we don't decide on definite formats for each picture it'll be hard to make the image support on the templates. The same goes with link support.

Secondly, I need to know what the dimensions are for a minimap image or else the map template gets all weird.

Last edited by Noperative; 07-24-2009 at 11:12 AM.

07-23-2009   #25 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

Okay guys, I've talked to Medoria about a SIDEBAR for our wiki - and since we can't edit it, we'll have to let Medi do it. So yeah, anyone propose a layout?

07-24-2009   #26 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Template:Map - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Map template has been somewhat finished. This particular template is meant to be used with the organizational templates I plan to make next, so it's missing a few key things.
1) Finish map template
2) Create lightweight organizational templates to lessen the large amount of info I'm seeing on 1 page.
3) Optimize link and picture support on templates, as well as some visual revamping if needed.
4) Fix any problems cause by the last 3 projects U:

@Kotarou: I'm a bit busy with the templates right now, but if you really need some help I'll try. Personally you seem better at layouts though

EDIT:
Organization(List) template for monsters has been done. Currently supports 20 monsters in 1 list.
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chro...te:MonsterList

MOAREDIT:
Item list template done U;
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chro...plate:ItemList

/tired
N> Help, srsly

Ediiiiiiiit: Absence of a proper Pet template has been noted, a rehash of the equipment template will be released at some point once I do all the other templates U; Please notify me or anyone else that can edit/make templates on any problems with the templates or the lack of.

UPDATE:
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chro...emplate:EQlist

Equip list is done.

July 28: Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot.
Skill list template is done.
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chro...late:SkillList

I've also noticed people are filling in the parameters right ON the page the monster/item/skill/etc is put on. This will make it harder to link the monster to another page (say, a map page for example,) so a different way should be used. Copypasta the monster template to it's own page (like, a Pururu template to Emil_Chronicle_Online:Pururu) then simply place the template link on the page( in this case it would be {{Emil_Chronicle_Online:Pururu}}).

On another note: I've noticed it's possible to just use a table instead of the list I've made, and it's a lot easier too /facepalm

Update: Even so, I'm too stubborn to stop the templates U: http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chro...late:QuestList

Last edited by Noperative; 07-29-2009 at 08:35 PM.

07-30-2009   #27 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Ok, most of the templates I wanted seem to be done.

Note: Synthesis template is complicated, someone help D:

Now for pictures:

Monster templates currently link to ECO_(name).png. If you plan to upload a monster image, please upload it in that format.

Most of the other templates will use the ECO_(Name).png format.

Skill/Item/Equip templates use the same format, but they are in GIF. Also it is noted that all passive skills have the same icon, but you have to upload it in different names due to the current template limitations.

Please upload images in the listed format. If you do think that there should be a different way to upload images that is more effective, feel free to PM me, edit the template, or post on this thread. If changes are made, be sure to post what changes have been made.

Link support will be added soon. Also, if you've tried to use one of the templates I've made, you'll notice that there's no guide to which parameters are in the template. I'll add those later, I'm lazy V:

EDIT: Currently the links will use the Emil_Chronicle_Online:(Name) format. I plan to change these to easier ones such as Monster:(Name) or Quest:(Name) due to the recent namespace change in the wiki. Once we get a bit more organized I'll see if this is possible.

Last edited by Noperative; 07-30-2009 at 04:32 PM.

07-30-2009   #28 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noperative
EDIT: Currently the links will use the Emil_Chronicle_OnlineName) format. I plan to change these to easier ones such as MonsterName) or QuestName) due to the recent namespace change in the wiki. Once we get a bit more organized I'll see if this is possible.
I've been naming the item pages just their item name (ex: Work_Boots) and it's been working fine, just an occasional redirect that's easy to fix. We already have some duplicate names to deal with *cough*Guild Merchants*cough* so in the rare event of a problem it shouldn't be hard to fix.

I shamelessly stole made a table example for equips. It's not a template, so I'll set up the rest of them once you guys are okay with the color, categories, etc. I will change the DEF stats to whatever is important for the other equip types of course.
Footwear - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

07-30-2009   #29 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Emil Chronicle Online:1-10 monsters - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

This is what I'm doing with the list templates. Also, there should be a number of links on top, sorted in a table (you'll know what I mean if I get to doing it.)
These will use smaller versions of the monster pictures, upload them as ECO_(Name)Icon.png

Also, the naming of the pages seems a bit iffy to me, we might have to move whole pages to better sounding names.
If the changes are positive, then we can proceed with organizing the rest of the pages. If you believe these changes are not needed or they are negative, please explain why they suck and I'll gladly revert back to the old style.

Last edited by Noperative; 07-31-2009 at 02:29 PM.

07-30-2009   #30 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

purin will become famous soon enough

Better ECOJP wiki.

The other wiki is a total text-block. x(

Good luck on the wiki guys~ I can provide some Japanese translations if requested. :3

Last edited by purin; 07-30-2009 at 05:09 PM.

07-30-2009   #31 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by purin
Better ECOJP wiki.

The other wiki is a total text-block. x(

Good luck on the wiki guys~ I can provide some Japanese translations if requested. :3
Thanks for the link! We'll be working you like a dog counting on your translations sometime in the future

Direct link so you didn't need to search through the 10243984 games like me :(

07-30-2009   #32 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Emil Chronicle Online:1-10 monsters - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

This is what I'm doing with the list templates. Also, there should be a number of links on top, sorted in a table (you'll know what I mean if I get to doing it.)
These will use smaller versions of the monster pictures, upload them as ECO_(Name)Icon.png

Also, the naming of the pages seems a bit iffy to me, we might have to move whole pages to better sounding names.
If the changes are positive, then we can proceed with organizing the rest of the pages. If you believe these changes are not needed or they are negative, please explain why they suck and I'll gladly revert back to the old style.
Looks good to me, I just wasn't paying attention earlier. Ahaha...ha...

I think the equip list needs a "Stats" column though. :v

By the way, is there a limit on how long the lists can be with these templates? It was pretty short and easy to copy/pasta a table, and it looks like the armor lists will get pretty long...

07-30-2009   #33 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

I've added up to 20 or 30 for most of them. If we need more adding another 100 won't be a problem.
I've considered adding a stats section but the sheer number of stats sorta defets the purpose of listing.

07-30-2009   #34 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

I mean just have a heading that says, "Stats." Then we can just put "DEF +5 MDEF +3" or whatever stats actually matter for that equip type.

At least that works well enough for the TO wiki. `-`

07-31-2009   #35 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

^I'll implement that then But if it ends up cluttering the page then we'll probably remove it.

I'm considering moving the pages before we get too much info and the moving process ends up taking too long.

If it's fine with everyone I'll start to organize the monster pages this way.

EDIT: It's about time we got some more professional help with our wiki D:

Last edited by Noperative; 07-31-2009 at 10:13 AM.

07-31-2009   #36 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Hime is on a distinguished road

English ECO Wiki

07-31-2009   #37 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

We already know about that one, it's the one we plan to beat xD

New info site found:
http://www.eco.roidv.com/

It's pretty bad but we should use all the info/pictures we can get.

EDIT: Small guide has been added to the monster templates, everyone start editing!
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chro...mplate:Monster
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chro...te:MonsterList

Note: I'll be organizing the item section in a second, which will probably lead to a bunch of broken links for a few minutes. I'll fix them so don't worry.

EDIT: Waaaoooooow. Usable/Misc sections have a lot of info which we should organize eventually

UPDATE:
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chro...Template:Equip
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chronicle/Template:Item

I added the guides for the equip and item templates. I thought up a different format for the item and equip lists so I'll be spending awhile fixing those up.

UPDATE:
http://wiki.mymmogames.net/emil-chro...plate:ItemList
Item list revamped. Equip list will come after my bath and a short break.

Last edited by Noperative; 07-31-2009 at 05:44 PM.

07-31-2009   #38 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
EDIT: Waaaoooooow. Usable/Misc sections have a lot of info which we should organize eventually
Ahahaha... yeah. The last two days of CB I just spammed a bunch of equips and the items that make them (and the items that make those, and the items that make them...). I kept it in alphabetical order at least. `-`

The new item list template needs to make the item names link to the individual item's page. The pages I made should work if you just try to link to the name (It sees spaces and underscores as the same thing apparently).

07-31-2009   #39 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Added linking for the item list template.

Dun hate me but I made them for Emil_Chronicle_Online: so it's about time we start moving item pages v:

07-31-2009   #40 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Added linking for the item list template.

Dun hate me but I made them for Emil_Chronicle_Online: so it's about time we start moving item pages v:
Tell me why we are still using that header. `-`