ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Emil Chronicle Online Fandom (http://ggftw.com/forum/emil-chronicle-online-fandom/)
-   -   3D model rips (http://ggftw.com/forum/emil-chronicle-online-fandom/53823-3d-model-rips.html)

Noperative 08-01-2009 07:55 PM

3D model rips

Found a possible way to rip the 3D models from the DAT files. Unfortunately I have no clue how it works.
Anyone that understands Thai or Japanese is needed.

To keep this information for MMOG Wiki uses only, you'll have to PM me for what I've got so far. (Yes, I'm competitive and don't want to lose to the rival wikis.:py62:)

Fineti 08-02-2009 12:20 AM

Wow, way to pro up the wiki.

RoflKnife 08-02-2009 01:05 AM

Why do we need 3D models?

Fineti 08-02-2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 920601)
Why do we need 3D models?

It would be nice for getting clean monster pictures.

Noperative 08-02-2009 10:55 AM

Got the extractor working, this is what it can do so far.

Fineti 08-02-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noperative (Post 920908)
Got the extractor working, this is what it can do so far.

Hi make a character sim please. `-`

Noperative 08-02-2009 01:11 PM

MOAR LEAKS/TEASERS

RoflKnife 08-02-2009 06:57 PM

ROFL....WTF....That...character...with...an...Eva head....lol......and are those NPCs, or are you able to change what characters wear?

Noperative 08-02-2009 08:10 PM

You can change what the characters wear, though quite a few of the NPCs are normal characters.

Kotarou 08-02-2009 08:22 PM

Wow, these are great! Keep it up~

Noperative 08-02-2009 08:36 PM

Actually I've pretty busy with the wiki. It's either rip all the images from the core files or work on laying groundwork for the wiki, it would be pretty hard to work on both at the same time.

I'll happily PM the program to anyone on our wiki team. You have to promise not to leak it until we have all the pictures and and upload the pictures only when we're ready, however.

EDIT: Lawl, 666th post.

Silver Rook 08-02-2009 09:34 PM

I should have enough space in my photobucket to upload images, and I do believe that I should be helping out.

PM me, I shall take loads of screenshots and flood photobucket with everything!

P.S. I won't be providing to the wiki directly, persay... I would probably be either P.M.ing or posting everything on the forums.

Shinra 08-02-2009 09:34 PM

I was going to ask you where to get this program, but before that, I wanted to see if I could find it on my own.

...And I did. I found the program, associated files, and even a manual on how to use it.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3276/annamillers.jpg

From the screenshots of the ui you posted it looks like you're using the Thai version.

Noperative 08-02-2009 09:46 PM

Well, it seems Shinra's copy is a lot more user friendly then my current rip.

@Shinra/Silver Rook

Don't leak our sources just yet, I'd hate to lose our wiki competition.

Also send me your version, Shinra.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm using the thai version.

Silver Rook 08-02-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinra (Post 921450)
I was going to ask you where to get this program, but before that, I wanted to see if I could find it on my own.

...And I did. I found the program, associated files, and even a manual on how to use it.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3276/annamillers.jpg

From the screenshots of the ui you posted it looks like you're using the Thai version.

I'm interested in which version you're using.

PM me, program and link.

<- Click on my name and select "Send user Private Message".

Shinra 08-02-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noperative (Post 921459)
Don't leak our sources just yet, I'd hate to lose our wiki competition.

Eheheheheheheh. D:

I'm not for or against any kind of wiki war. X.o

I'm just someone who stumbled upon your hints of an ECO model viewer and having been involved in data extraction and mods of other MMOs in the past I just had to get my hands on it.

Anyways, about this software. It looks like it can be modified to display it's entries in English, and of the versions I've used, it looks like the Japanese version is the way to go since it's data tables are more accurate.

This looks like a great tool that I feel all ECO players should have a crack at using, and it bothers me that you'd be secretive about it for the sake of e-rep.

Grrr, and I don't wanna lecture you about it and I'm sure you don't wanna hear about it either! Dx

But I made an account here just so I could PM you because you're being secretive, but ended up not needing to since I found it on my own, so...

I'd really just rather post all the information I found about it here, but don't really want to if you're going to keep treating it like it's black ops cereal business. I don't think you have to worry about the other wiki using it since they've already opted to use official art and I know people like Fineti want to use it as a character sim at least.

Kotarou 08-02-2009 11:53 PM

Information is power. People with more information, and more innovation will win in a race. That is why companies have "company secrets". ;3

RoflKnife 08-03-2009 01:17 AM

Woah, you can check formulas and stat tables with it too? Do want.

Silver Rook 08-03-2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinra (Post 921548)
Eheheheheheheh. D:

I'm not for or against any kind of wiki war. X.o

I'm just someone who stumbled upon your hints of an ECO model viewer and having been involved in data extraction and mods of other MMOs in the past I just had to get my hands on it.

Anyways, about this software. It looks like it can be modified to display it's entries in English, and of the versions I've used, it looks like the Japanese version is the way to go since it's data tables are more accurate.

This looks like a great tool that I feel all ECO players should have a crack at using, and it bothers me that you'd be secretive about it for the sake of e-rep.

Grrr, and I don't wanna lecture you about it and I'm sure you don't wanna hear about it either! Dx

But I made an account here just so I could PM you because you're being secretive, but ended up not needing to since I found it on my own, so...

I'd really just rather post all the information I found about it here, but don't really want to if you're going to keep treating it like it's black ops cereal business. I don't think you have to worry about the other wiki using it since they've already opted to use official art and I know people like Fineti want to use it as a character sim at least.

Can't blame them, ney!
We've been a victim of a bad wiki rip before, a particular forums was ripping MASSIVE chunks of information without even bothering to change it NOR asking us for permission to use it. Eventually everyone just got paranoid and pasted MYMMOGAMES.NET all over everything and stuffs like that.

Secondly, we do want to be ahead of the race. You do realize that if a wiki is ahead, the rest of them would either die out from inactiveness or from the time where no one bothers to use them, yes? A good example of this would be the NA Mabinogi Wikipedia. We, MabiGURU and MabiWORLD has set up 3 different wikipedias about the same game. Eventually ours and MabiGURU's wikipedia died out because MabiWORLD's wiki is way more informed, organized and actively supported than ours. We're not going to let history repeat itself. Having made quite afew of many game's other official wikis, we're not letting this chance to slip.

Last but not least, I doubt you can find enough official game art, and with people like RainStorm about... I guess its better to get your own screenshots than getting off the current screenshots/ other sources (Other wikipedias, presumely either JP/KR/TW/TH... etc.). I guess if we do really well, even those Indonesians may start using our wiki too.

Noperative 08-03-2009 10:43 AM

After we get the images needed for the wiki I'll happily distribute the program. Right now our wiki has less manpower keeping it active, so it needs the advantages like clean images for the time being.

If you truly want to distribute this right away, we can't stop you.
But we're asking you to please wait until at least OBT comes. Can you do this much for us, at least? Also, if you are that much against keeping this for MMOG only, we won't ask you to give us your version.