ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Emil Chronicle Online Announcements (http://ggftw.com/forum/emil-chronicle-online-announcements/)
-   -   [2009-09-24] Pre-OBT Trial (http://ggftw.com/forum/emil-chronicle-online-announcements/58758-2009-09-24-pre-obt-trial.html)

Kotarou 09-24-2009 05:24 AM

[2009-09-24] Pre-OBT Trial

Quote:

All preparations for Emil Chronicle Online release are nearing completion and since so many players are anticipating its release so much, Emil Chronicle Online Operation Team has decided to host a small trial for players who didnít have the chance to participate Close Beta to get a feel of Emil Chronicle Online before the Open Beta comes. The trial period will start at 25th September 2009 at 15:00 until Open Beta.

As this is only a trial, not all features are included and any data during this period will be cleared when Emil Chronicle Online goes live. Do not miss out on this opportunity to get to know the basics of Emil Chronicle Online!

Thank you for your continuous support on Emil Chronicle Online.

Feel free to approach Run Up Customer Service Centre for inquiries.
Customer Service Hotline: 03-90581103
Customer Service Fax: 03-90581104
Emil Chronicle Online Operating Team
tl;dr -
1. YOU CAN PLAY TOMORROW!
2. YOUR DATA WILL GET WIPED ON 30th.
3. YOU CAN HAS NO EXTRA "new" FUNCTIONS.

gg?

Krakas 09-24-2009 05:52 AM

A four day wipe play? Lol wtf, no ty.

/gg >.>

Nihil679 09-24-2009 06:39 AM

Well, it does say it's for people that didn't get CBT and want to try it out before OBT, etc.

BubbleMistress 09-24-2009 07:23 AM

-at the end of the 4 day period-

"Ok, time to wipe the accounts and start up Open Beta!!"

-wipes and gets some horrible error or accidentally takes some of the game data with the wipe, further delaying the release of Open Beta-

~w~
I sure do hope that won't be the case. The 4-day trial's good for those who couldn't get IndoECO running, and want to get their hands dirty before the OB release.

Otherwise...eh. May as well go and see how laggy the server is, or if the GMs will show themselves during the trial.

Noperative 09-24-2009 07:28 AM

Good time to collect quest data??
Also I'll check the new version file to see if we failed anything.

Arbiter 09-24-2009 08:52 AM

Everyone's getting all huffy about this, but I myself am extremely excited.

I never got a chance to play Emil, because I heard about it after CB had ended and I've been waiting about 3 months for this chance.

It also helps that I can try out the Backpacker>Miner class, because no one really has much info on it in NA or MY/SG forums and it's really what I desire to be.

Making money wise, and because I've heard, briefly, that it's possible to be a powerful melee Blacksmith.

GG Run-Up. I mean it :D

Shnao 09-24-2009 04:58 PM

Oh yay, I hope I don't have reDL the client though. >:

Noperative 09-24-2009 07:16 PM

There doesn't seem to be any difference in the game files, but IC has now been renamed Infinite Corridor. I'm still keeping the pages as IC since it's convenient :<. Items seem unchanged so that's good.

Kotarou 09-24-2009 08:32 PM

Well, I guess I'll be joining in on the fun... :x

Even if it is for just a few days. lol.

Time Taken to Single-Handledly Form a Ring: 1 Hour 33 Minutes from start.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...925_163356.jpg

NoumiKudryavka 09-25-2009 06:43 AM

lol xD...
ring already...
well i will prepair for OBT so i will rest as of now...

Kotarou 09-25-2009 06:57 AM

K, I leveled to 11/10 and stopped.

I HAS MY BATTLE PLAN TO POWERLEVEL ALREADY *snickers*

Alkenshel 09-25-2009 08:35 AM

Lulz, oh you and your healbombing.

BubbleMistress 09-25-2009 09:53 AM

Made a Bubblemistress. <: For some reason my other IGN "Euphoria" is a bad word?

Someone come find me, I'm lonely. ;-;

Noperative 09-25-2009 10:10 AM

Lol I made about 16 accounts, are the characters wiped or just the progress from level 1?

Turns out they actually added 1 or 2 more monsters, I've gotta hurry up and finish them.

Faelynn 09-27-2009 07:27 AM

I myself was happy with this chance because I work fulltime and didn't have any free time when the CBT was live. Now I had a free weekend so I could tinker with the game a little. So far I'm enjoying it a lot so I can't wait until OBT although I'd probably level like a snail.

Fulltime job = fail

Oh by the way I'm a little confused, there is so much to do in this game that I don't know what I should be doing. After doing my 5 daily quests there isn't much else to do than grinding, right? Or am I seeing this wrong...

Alkenshel 09-27-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faelynn (Post 995803)
Oh by the way I'm a little confused, there is so much to do in this game that I don't know what I should be doing. After doing my 5 daily quests there isn't much else to do than grinding, right? Or am I seeing this wrong...

You can do what everyone else does: grind the bejeezus out of your character, or boss hunts when you're up to it. OR, if you're crazy like us, you can:
1. Mess around with people in case you feel like it
2. Go crazy with your Ring with some crazy events
3. Turn ECO into a glorified chatroom and drag everyone else into the conversation with you

Those are just some options though. :V

Arbiter 09-27-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkenshel (Post 995869)
You can do what everyone else does: grind the bejeezus out of your character, or boss hunts when you're up to it. OR, if you're crazy like us, you can:
1. Mess around with people in case you feel like it
2. Go crazy with your Ring with some crazy events
3. Turn ECO into a glorified chatroom and drag everyone else into the conversation with you

Those are just some options though. :V

I think this game provides more options than Dragonica. There really wasn't much to do besides grind and PvP in that game.

At least this one has a crafting system to work towards.

Shnao 09-27-2009 03:22 PM

lol Me and Suwa have been lvling and exploring ECO. ;; We're both lvl 17/17 atm. lawl Guess I just like it that much.

Sambo 09-28-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shnao (Post 996188)
lol Me and Suwa have been lvling and exploring ECO. ;; We're both lvl 17/17 atm. lawl Guess I just like it that much.

lol I would tag along but full-time work = a sad sambo :py64:
O and also working on the wiki

Fineti 09-28-2009 05:01 PM

I've been messing around a bit, but no grinding for me. :v

[edit:] /afks