Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
03-15-2011   #261 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Archlord9DragonsAika OnlineAion
Awards Facebook Fan

ThisIsAPen will become famous soon enoughThisIsAPen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ThisIsAPen
IGN: Too many...
Level: 八千に上だ!

Going to stop thinking about Elsword and play something else for the time being, I expect greatness from this game once its out.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-15-2011   #262 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Grand ChaseSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCombat ArmsS4 League

Zeyshiro is on a distinguished road
IGN: Hikoso(Deceased)/Incite
Class: Noob
Guild: Synergy
Xfire: sakoha

Could it be that CBT is on the March 17th? @.@

03-15-2011   #263 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

The CBT will start someday, I know that.

03-15-2011   #264 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseFlyFFDragon Nest

Lycoris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclusive
As you noticed, there was some difficulty with our website and we wanted to make sure that does not happen when we are in the CBT phase.
Right... I don't think it really matters too much in CBT, but frequent hackers in CBT will ruin confidentiality for us. ><

In OBT I expect a stronger website, as you may be developing right now. I definitely do not want to pay with the risk of someone stealing my payment information.

03-15-2011   #265 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoris
Right... I don't think it really matters too much in CBT, but frequent hackers in CBT will ruin confidentiality for us. ><

In OBT I expect a stronger website, as you may be developing right now. I definitely do not want to pay with the risk of someone stealing my payment information.
Most likely people who made it into CBT will use the same account for OBT and the live server. Should hackers find our account information, they will be able to use it during OBT and the official release, regardless of security measures because they can legitimately login to our accounts by then instead of having to hack to open them. That's a problem that I think should definitely be solved even before OBT.

03-15-2011   #266 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Lost SagaRumble FighterMapleStoryLa Tale

HelloAaron is on a distinguished road
IGN: Aarongant
Class: Gunslinger lt_gunslinger
Level: 11x
Guild: Seraph

Not willing to really read 14 pages of posts, but am I the only one worried about how much information they show publicly when one were to login?

Birthday, last name, and e-mail? (well e-mail is a given, but birthday and last name should be used as additional security measures).

03-15-2011   #267 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Most likely people who made it into CBT will use the same account for OBT and the live server. Should hackers find our account information, they will be able to use it during OBT and the official release, regardless of security measures because they can legitimately login to our accounts by then instead of having to hack to open them. That's a problem that I think should definitely be solved even before OBT.
You have a point. If we change our passwords frequently it can solve the problem, but that's our own responsibility. (or nexons LOL)

I think everyone who signed up made it in CBT. Unless told otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloAaron
Not willing to really read 14 pages of posts, but am I the only one worried about how much information they show publicly when one were to login?

Birthday, last name, and e-mail? (well e-mail is a given, but birthday and last name should be used as additional security measures).
I for one, am not worried. Kill3RCombo recently posted about the site maintenance tonight and my guess is the site is being revamped.

Unless using a public computer to log in, showing account information shouldn't be a problem. I mean, even if someone hacks into your account I doubt the information that they seek would be your name and birthday. They would probably steal your credit card or/and password.

Last edited by Lycoris; 03-15-2011 at 10:31 AM.

03-15-2011   #268 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Mashiro is on a distinguished road
IGN: Masheee
Class: qqqqqqq to_schoolgirl
Level: 200
Guild: Infiniti

^^ Elsword Website Maintenance March 15, 2011
"Sorry Guys, but this site will be unavailable tonight between the hours of 9pm to midnight due to maintenance. Actually, I’m not sorry. This is a good thing. For the most part, when we do maintenance on the site or the game, that means we’re either checking on the health of the servers or we’re adding something big. Either way, it means a better experience for you. So make sure you check back here as soon as we’re done. See ya."

03-15-2011   #269 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

No, but it basically sucks in the most personal information from just logging in compared to any online gaming company I've ever seen. I'm just worried because you can do a lot with a first and last name, birthday, and e-mail...

Disregarding that, I've heard bad things about Level Up!, but it's being jointed with another gaming company I've never heard of. Hopefully it'd be better than expected. At least there support is good... so far.

03-15-2011   #270 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloAaron
No, but it basically sucks in the most personal information from just logging in compared to any online gaming company I've ever seen. I'm just worried because you can do a lot with a first and last name, birthday, and e-mail...

Disregarding that, I've heard bad things about Level Up!, but it's being jointed with another gaming company I've never heard of. Hopefully it'd be better than expected. At least there support is good... so far.
Let me enlighten you with information first.
Kill3RCombo is it's own organization created by the joining of KOG and LevelUp!. This doesn't mean that Kill3RCombo is LevelUp!. Please treat Kill3RCombo different than LevelUp!
KOG is the creators of GC and Fighters Club, aswell as Elsword.

I doesn't really understand what's the harm with providing information like last and first name. I mean like... They use that information to address you if they ever have to contact you. It's not like you are forced to give real information anyways(other than your E-mail).

03-15-2011   #271 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

There are thousands of people with the same name and birthday as you, get over it. Besides, you don't even have to put your legal name there anyway, and once again most hackers aren't looking for a name, they are looking for a profit.

03-15-2011   #272 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Elsword

inclusive has a spectacular aura aboutinclusive has a spectacular aura about

Sorry guys :-(. Everything official will be announced on our website or forums.

I have to edit all these posts so there are no confusion to players. The last thing we want is to confuse players with any unofficial announcements or discussions. You can be sure we are working very hard to meet player's expectations. I really enjoyed talking to many of you and some of you played with me during CBT *just didn't notice* ^^.

-Inclusive

Last edited by inclusive; 03-28-2011 at 11:19 AM.

03-15-2011   #273 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoris
Let me enlighten you with information first.
Kill3RCombo is it's own organization created by the joining of KOG and LevelUp!. This doesn't mean that Kill3RCombo is LevelUp!. Please treat Kill3RCombo different than LevelUp!
KOG is the creators of GC and Fighters Club, aswell as Elsword.

I doesn't really understand what's the harm with providing information like last and first name. I mean like... They use that information to address you if they ever have to contact you. It's not like you are forced to give real information anyways(other than your E-mail).
I know they're a joint company (in this aspect) and I've read all their news updates prior to my previous post. It's just I've never heard of the other company. I'm not exactly bashing the company (this is the implications I'm getting from your post. If it isn't excuse me.) but just mentioning the rumors I've heard from other gaming forums I use.

Anyways, keeping my expectations low will be a good thing anyways, since I'd be satisfied with less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dib
There are thousands of people with the same name and birthday as you, get over it. Besides, you don't even have to put your legal name there anyway, and once again most hackers aren't looking for a name, they are looking for a profit.
Then there's your e-mail. I'm just saying, coming from MapleStory's black market (account trading) this is actually quite a huge sum of information given just as you log in. Other things can be tracked with said 3 items as well. You don't have to use personal IDs and such, but I'm saying most people would probably use said IDs and e-mails anyways. I just feel a bit sketchy at this issue, but I have no problems with anything else though.

I've actually been curious about this game since I saw the first 1vs1 PVP.

03-15-2011   #274 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
zOMG!Lost SagaLa TaleDynasty Warriors Online
Awards Facebook Fan

XIIAlexIIX is on a distinguished road
IGN: ThatLazyDevil
Class: Roselle lt_blader
Level: 24
Guild: Looking for one

Is the site down or something?

03-15-2011   #275 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Elsword

inclusive has a spectacular aura aboutinclusive has a spectacular aura about

Sorry guys :-(. Everything official will be announced on our website or forums.

I have to edit all these posts so there are no confusion to players. The last thing we want is to confuse players with any unofficial announcements or discussions. You can be sure we are working very hard to meet player's expectations. I really enjoyed talking to many of you and some of you played with me during CBT *just didn't notice* ^^.

-Inclusive

Last edited by inclusive; 03-28-2011 at 11:19 AM.

03-16-2011   #276 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

XmichaelX is on a distinguished road
IGN: XmichaelX
Class: Certified PedoBear lt_blader
Level: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashiro
^^ Elsword Website Maintenance March 15, 2011
"Sorry Guys, but this site will be unavailable tonight between the hours of 9pm to midnight due to maintenance.
lool I wonder when time will actually be done?
But if its taking 6+ hours should be a good chance of release Orz

03-16-2011   #277 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryElsword

ShoBizz is on a distinguished road
IGN: BIZ [Zanaku01]
Class: Xenosider lt_guardian
Level: Ryan 67
Guild: 2NE1
Xfire: zanaku01

hmmm.. have to wonder whats up with the 6+ hours on the maintenance. i just hope nothing went wrong. i can deal with wating for something, just not waiting for something bad.. =/

03-16-2011   #278 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Hypnos will become famous soon enough

I hope we'll get the CBT in some hours, i want to play.

03-16-2011   #279 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryElsword

ShoBizz is on a distinguished road
IGN: BIZ [Zanaku01]
Class: Xenosider lt_guardian
Level: Ryan 67
Guild: 2NE1
Xfire: zanaku01

Well im checking up on the site as well as the email invitation periodically. So if anything happens or changes, i'll try to post any updates.

03-16-2011   #280 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

XmichaelX is on a distinguished road
IGN: XmichaelX
Class: Certified PedoBear lt_blader
Level: 196

checking site every 30mins orz *goes back to German Elsword where I play guess the quest"