LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
03-12-2011   #221 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseFlyFFDragon Nest

Lycoris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Please don't end up super cash based like gd NA GC. I don't want to slave over god knows how many dungeons to get a character with a low chance of survival. I also don't want the easy way out of just buying every character with cash...
Yes, I too felt guilty then spending cash on GC. But just to unlock a character you needed to run the same dungeons like 1000 times

Also the fashion was given stats so pvp was very unfair. But its scary when you cash stats, but someone uses gatcha fashion and can kill you in 1 hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephyrr
So. I'm wondering what'll happen the moment it goes live. Will the site get slammed? Will I have to wait another like two days in order to finally download the client? Sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.

=( Hopefully things go smoothly.
I double this. lol
I 'm kinda worried about the servers being overloaded because it's the first release of Elsword in NA and the player base is a little unexpected.

If this happens, I hope Kill3rCombo can pull through!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-12-2011   #222 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Mashiro is on a distinguished road
IGN: Masheee
Class: qqqqqqq to_schoolgirl
Level: 200
Guild: Infiniti

hmmm anyone wanna enlighten me on this "Skill Note" I've heard so much about.

03-12-2011   #223 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
4Story9DragonsACE OnlineAlicia

sengakae will become famous soon enough

Skill Notes are items that you put in your Skill Book that can increase various traits of the skill it is designed for. Some Skill Notes you can obtain from monster drops and quests while others you can purchase from the cash shop.

03-12-2011   #224 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Please don't end up super cash based like gd NA GC. I don't want to slave over god knows how many dungeons to get a character with a low chance of survival. I also don't want the easy way out of just buying every character with cash...
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think the cash is only for fashion and a few other things (like bonus lives and character slot cards).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

03-12-2011   #225 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Archlord9DragonsAika OnlineAion
Awards Facebook Fan

ThisIsAPen will become famous soon enoughThisIsAPen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ThisIsAPen
IGN: Too many...
Level: 八千に上だ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawott
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think the cash is only for fashion and a few other things (like bonus lives and character slot cards).

what about ice burner sets? they give stats (but tradable, so good luck buying them from ppl)

03-12-2011   #226 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseLa TaleDragon Nest

Retroya is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Retroya
IGN: StickySaucey
Class: FuryGaurdian to_soulmaster
Level: 43
Guild: ELOfficer
Xfire: Retroya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawott

what you said is correct, but it's also for extra skill slots, cash jobs advancements ( you'll instantly go from Dark mage to Void princess etc.)name changes and even pets eventually. So it's somewhat like a GC cash shop but the inventory isn't as hax just somewhat helpful.

03-12-2011   #227 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengakae
Skill Notes are items that you put in your Skill Book that can increase various traits of the skill it is designed for. Some Skill Notes you can obtain from monster drops and quests while others you can purchase from the cash shop.
"Various Traits" hmmmm Can you give me some example? or Maybe a video of it?
I'm still not quite sure of what you mean....Skill note, Is it something that you can apply to the skill? increase the level of the skill? /kindaNewToElsword.

03-12-2011   #228 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

KaseiHonoo will become famous soon enoughKaseiHonoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to KaseiHonoo Send a message via MSN to KaseiHonoo Send a message via Yahoo to KaseiHonoo Send a message via Skype™ to KaseiHonoo
IGN: KaseiHonoo
Level: 9

Hm Oddly enough I didnt hear too much about the Skill Noters. Wow I must really be out of it if I didn't know about Pets

03-12-2011   #229 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Elsword

xDarkRiku is on a distinguished road

I guess CBT probably won't start this weekend. -sigh-

03-12-2011   #230 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
MapleStoryElswordLa TaleRift: Planes of Telara
Awards Facebook Fan

Zork787 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Zork787 Send a message via Skype™ to Zork787
IGN: Kyuttii
Class: Soul Master to_sheep
Level: 173
Guild: Astro Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashiro
"Various Traits" hmmmm Can you give me some example? or Maybe a video of it?
I'm still not quite sure of what you mean....Skill note, Is it something that you can apply to the skill? increase the level of the skill? /kindaNewToElsword.
ok press this button on your inventory menu to bring up the skill note book (you need to do a quest before you have access to the skill book fyi)

you'll then get something that looks like this

and by "Various Traits" Sengakae means it can alter the effects of the skills the skill notes are intended for, like for example, the Skill Note for the Dark Mage's Mana Intake skill (witch you buy via the cash shop) will make the skill use no mana when used, or the Skill Note for Rena's Phoenix Strike witch makes it do 10% more damage and makes it burn enemies for an extra 10 seconds.

And since I'm such a nice guy here's a list of most of the Skill Notes in the game so far (not 100% sure if its up to date mind but it should give you an idea of what you can get and what to aim for)

Spoiler!

Elsword HK IGN:
Kyutti Elemental Master Level 35
Scottish brony and proud! UMAD?!

Last edited by Zork787; 03-12-2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: broken images

03-12-2011   #231 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
4Story9DragonsACE OnlineAlicia

sengakae will become famous soon enough

^ Thank you for the extended answer.

03-12-2011   #232 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Quote:
^ Thank you for the extended answer.
ahh i see i see

03-12-2011   #233 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

NoobJr is on a distinguished road

Since this version is partially hosted by KOG, I idealistically wonder if bugs on the korean version could be reported and dealt with?

03-12-2011   #234 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if they'll accept UGC, I hope so.

03-12-2011   #235 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Elsword

xDarkRiku is on a distinguished road

Doesn't pretty much everyone accept UGC? It's obviously an easier and more convenient method then paying by credit card.

03-12-2011   #236 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

I have played the Korean server, so I know about the character situation, but in every other version, sans japan, only the three starters are free. Let's see how it goes for our server lol.

03-13-2011   #237 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

While having Raven, Eve, and Chung at the beginning is cool, I think it would be better to earn them by doing their missions.

03-13-2011   #238 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Since my main in kr is already Elsword, I wish I could have Raven as a main in US, but that would only work if I had him from the start. I don't want to start my main later on, especially since I don't think I'll play after CBT due to the IP block thing.

03-13-2011   #239 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
ElswordVindictusLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Sephyrr has a spectacular aura aboutSephyrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobJr
Since my main in kr is already Elsword, I wish I could have Raven as a main in US, but that would only work if I had him from the start. I don't want to start my main later on, especially since I don't think I'll play after CBT due to the IP block thing.
There will be a wipe after CBT, I believe. They really want to look for bugs and glitches and that sort of usual thing.

Thanks Rin! <333

03-13-2011   #240 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

I know, I don't mind the wipe at all. It's just that I'm fine with waiting to move to US before playing it for real, I just wanna experience it a bit now since I've been playing in kr ever since its first year.

By the way, in KR there are pictures of two different Elswords, plus a noob-looking Elsword as a mob in maps (he's pretty fast though)

Anyone else thinks this means 4th jobs?