Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-16-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Endgame has a spectacular aura aboutEndgame has a spectacular aura about
Default East Fantasy dead in Hong Kong, Elsword NC-18 in China.

Not sure how many people still care about EF/FoF, but surely this board could use some good news in the midst of how Gamania HK doesn't care about hackers.

hkEF's host company GameCyber (Which hosts actual kMMORPGs like Luna Online) has dropped EF. No sign of it anywhere on their website. And seeing how Hong Kong has its own version of Elsword, it is unlikely that anyone will bother picking it back up.

I can't seem to find the link to the TW version of the game, so its status is unknown. However, every time I checked out the site, there was only ever ONE announcement. Consider it dead.

Unfortunately, the chinese version its self refuses to die. Still having recent maintenance and event announcements and all. However, I see no sign of the game getting actual new content, which brings into question exactly HOW the game still lives, especially now that China has Elsword.

.....Actually, I think I know why that is: The hosts of China Elsword ****ed up and got the game a NC-18 rating.

RoiiElsquall from ElswordHQ linked to this japanese blog giving us details a while back:

\ほぉい/ : ELSWORD*国公式サイトを発見した!

Rena with cameltoe (Or at least, I HOPE that's cameltoe.....) in one picture, and no panties in another.....

The idiots decided to sell the game on sex appeal, and, well, now the chinese children can't make a mass exodus to Elsword. (Or can they? I'm not sure about chinese laws about these things, or how well they can even enforce them with so many people.)

But that was a while ago! Surely, they've cleaned up their act by now?

精美壁纸_《艾尔之光》官方网站

Oh hey, the wallpapers in question are not only still there, they've made NEW ONES. Way to go, ZTGame.

http://els.ztgame.com/upload/2010/12...1747082663.jpg

At least she's wearing panties this time.....

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-16-2011   #2 (permalink)
Ody
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordFiestaFantasy Earth ZeroSudden Attack

Ody is on a distinguished road

Ok the China ppl are mad. Elsword dont even have anything ecchi ingame. @~@

01-16-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

It's the wallpapers that earned the game its NC-18 rating, I'm sure. Unless of course, EF is allowed to get away with even more because it's a chinese game.....

01-16-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

FrozT is an unknown quantity at this point

Big LOL .. it will be great if those guys use that mentality with the hackers but its amazing how they can be so stupid (not offending chinese ppl)

BAN HAAAACKERS !!!!!!!!! FFS !!!
******* Afk Team *******
Bhuty // Aisha (Void) - Lvl 42
Gigz // Raven (OT) - Lvl 9

01-16-2011   #5 (permalink)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Games
ElswordSword 2Dragon NestSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

maxpayne is just really nicemaxpayne is just really nicemaxpayne is just really nicemaxpayne is just really nice
IGN: <..>,maxpayne,<..>
Class: RuneSlayer and LordKnight and RecklessFist to_warrior
Level: 60 and 60 and 55
Guild: Union

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

no more ero please; we can't get more noobs pwnt in PVP that way

squibby EVOLVES to form 3!!! - 9/10/2010
squibby EVOLVES to form 4!!! - 11/9/2011

01-16-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Archlord9DragonsAika OnlineAion
Awards Facebook Fan

ThisIsAPen will become famous soon enoughThisIsAPen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ThisIsAPen
IGN: Too many...
Level: 八千に上だ!

what... what is this i dont even.... oh wait i do, marketing technique, sex appeal, turned into utter failure

01-16-2011   #7 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

That stuff is enough for an NC-18 rating...?

01-17-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

The chinese government goes out of their way to try to limit the success of foreign games in favor of chinese games. I'm guessing this is another case of this. (Although those wallpapers are just plain unnecessary. You let the fans do that stuff with fanart, don't make official wallpapers like that!)

World of Warcraft, for example, had Wrath of the Lich King held back for two years because of "censorship". The excuse given was that the chinese revere the dead, and showing skeletons, as well as the very concept of undeath is offensive to the chinese.

.....Which turned out to be bullshit. East Fantasy its self proves that chinese games can get away with bones, as the Monster King wears a necklace of skulls. Yet for some reason, World of Warcraft can't have dragon skeletons.

And they're not even consistent with the censorship, as the Lich King's armor which has skulls all over the place is left unchanged, Liches, which are skeletons, are left alone, and there's god damn Frost Wyrms in artwork on the official WoW China website, despite being replaced with living dragons ingame.

They just didn't want an american game dominating their market, so they wanted to make it look "stupid". It doesn't work though, especially not when there's the non-censored Taiwan version that accepts chinese players.....

01-17-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

kyoshiro8106 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Fitz
Class: Elsword - Lord Knight to_teacher
Level: 48
Xfire: Kyo

Those Pics are already NC-18 ???..........
Fitz (lvl 51) - Elsword as Lord Knight
renren (lvl 46) - Elsword as Rune Slayer
zidsangel (lvl 47) - Aisha as Elemental Master
AliceChan (lvl 1) - Aisha (Stand by)
GearShifteR (lvl 50) - Raven as Blade Master
Knight00 (lvl 1) - Raven (Stand by)
Rikku (lvl 50) - Eve as Code Nemesis
QueenOfHeart (lvl 44) - Eve as Code Empress

01-17-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Cubia is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: RiceBall\Rasberyl\Freekil
Class: Eve\Aisha\Raven\Rena
Level: 38\38\26

This just prove that China just isn't cut out to be a host for any mmorpg xD, no matter how many ideas they have it always the same Bu!!sh!t etc,(wallpaper and Irl girl picture place on their site >...>)

01-17-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Bad news everyone, East Fantasy isn't on its death bed afterall. It is now spreading to SEA under the name "Kung Fu Legends". God dammit.

01-17-2011   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Archlord9DragonsAika OnlineAion
Awards Facebook Fan

ThisIsAPen will become famous soon enoughThisIsAPen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ThisIsAPen
IGN: Too many...
Level: 八千に上だ!

^ yeah kinda saw that on mmosite, i was like "wtphawk?!?! even changed the name?"

01-18-2011   #13 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Really, those pics aren't enough to net the game an NC-18 rating.

Kung Fu Legends? IIRC, the game doesn't have any characters that use their hands or feet.

Last edited by Veloze; 01-18-2011 at 04:48 AM.

01-19-2011   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Divina Online

Hozour is on a distinguished road
IGN: Hikaji,Yinji
Class: Rena-Sniping Ranger,Elsword-Knight lt_bard
Level: 2X,1

That gave the game a NC-18 rating o.o...well...thats...just...wow...really now, a NC-18 rating for wallpaper, when none of that is in the actual gameplay. thats bullcrap, I see no reason to give Elsword a NC-18 rating because of some wallpaper. I really don't think its sex appeal, I think its Rena just being Rena XD Notice how you don't see a focus of that for any of the other characters? For fist of fu...that gmae should of been shut down because of copyright laws a LONG time ago. Then again, that would mean the same for many mmos, think about all of those repeative click to hit games. There are tons of them, but no one shuts any of them down right? I guess eventually, Elsword may have made its own genre. Someday, there may be tons of mmos like Elsword, but no one will complain because there are so many like them no one would care.

Whew, that was alot...lol

01-19-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

I would hardly consider giving Eve breasts and Aisha wearing what appears to be a thong as only targetting Rena, and I don't think Rena is the kind of pers- err, elf to pose in a group photo while wearing nothing to cover up her privates.

02-19-2011   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

Hozour is right. There are lots of games out there that copy each other in alot of ways that could be considered copyright infringement, but because the company changed some things, it's not.

I play Chinese FoF, the so-called TW version with Mandarin, atleast I think it is TW version. Something happened with the client, because I keep getting blue-screened everytime I launch it, but from my last play-time which was in December, the TW version is active.

There's alot of servers; probably 6 or 7 servers, some are busy and I still see ALOT of players on. The TW version operates strangely in my opinion. They barely show as having updates, but if you go in-game, you realize that they still do the same events and even get the same cash outfits as the English one by Outspark.

Outspark's version, currently, is about 2-3 patches ahead of the TW version. Whilst the TW version has items like Avatar outfits and the Soccer World Championship armor, we have a bunch of different armors (we as in Outspark). Also, just because the Chinese version shut down doesn't mean the devs aren't working on FoF. Everytime Outspark GMs come on, they showcase unreleased armor sets, weapons, wings, tails, and even some rare armor sets in the game that no one has yet (like the level 17,28,7, etc. ones).

I also play Elsword too =3 All versions to be exact. I don't care how FoF started, I honestly don't, because it's the same with other MMOs (Battle of the Immortals copying Talisman for example). Right now, as it currently stands, FoF and Elsword are different, they operate differently. It's kinda like Need for Speed and Gran Turismo, both different but similar game and game mechanics.

02-19-2011   #17 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Reinshiki
IGN: Reinshiki
Class: Amy, Arme, Ryan and Mari.
Level: What's the point? GC now so easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame
I would hardly consider giving Eve breasts and Aisha wearing what appears to be a thong as only targetting Rena, and I don't think Rena is the kind of pers- err, elf to pose in a group photo while wearing nothing to cover up her privates.
It's said that Elves are the type of "Pure" beings but their sense of fashion is a little weirder.

So, yes, I don't think Rena would be 'that' kind of girl.

And isn't China already known to screw things up anyways?

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.
- To save yourself unnecessary trouble, read the forum rules.

02-19-2011   #18 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games

I personally think the artist forgot that little detail.

02-19-2011   #19 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Reinshiki
IGN: Reinshiki
Class: Amy, Arme, Ryan and Mari.
Level: What's the point? GC now so easy.

Yes. I do agree. >_>

Poor Rena, forever seen as the Panty Girl of Elsword.

Oh well. -Back to Lolis-

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.
- To save yourself unnecessary trouble, read the forum rules.

02-26-2011   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleAtlantica OnlineVindictusTrickster Online

neodrakeflare is on a distinguished road
IGN: too many
Level: too many

So what I'm getting from this is that Chinese =/= Pedophiles